Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Ade Akinbiyi the year he was with us. Guy was lethal, everything he touched went in and he just ran through players and they bounced off him. Then he joined Leicester and it all went horribly wrong
Akinbiyi, the replacement bought from the Keane money and then . . . we sell him.

This guy is like a Keane / Akinibiyi hybrid (he even has the same celebration as Keane!)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Akinbiyi, the replacement bought from the Keane money and then . . . we sell him.

This guy is like a Keane / Akinibiyi hybrid (he even has the same celebration as Keane!)
Who did we buy from the akinbiyi cash? Michael branch?
And then the money from branch went on a lollipop?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if Moffi is a target he is certainly not our main striker target. Nunes and Guedes have come in my opinion with the knowledge and agreement with a third transfer. This will be a striker, who in all likelihood will be from Portugal or a significant name.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think if Moffi is a target he is certainly not our main striker target. Nunes and Guedes have come in my opinion with the knowledge and agreement with a third transfer. This will be a striker, who in all likelihood will be from Portugal or a significant name.
There’s a massive amount of “my opinions” and assumptions there bud

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This sounds so much like the comments being made when we were linked with Raul. "No way he'll be first choice", "we'll be signing someone significant and perhaps Raul is a backup".

Just coz we signed Guedes and Nunes doesn't mean everything is a jaw dropper. Who knows though, you may well just be correct!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looked through, he mentioned him 2 days ago just before he went AWOL, felt longer than that, damn the days are going slow!
Are we sure it’s the same person/account and not someone imitating. As the original poster did mention him but very much as a back up option on Wednesday. He then did a whole splurge about how Nunes was a Guo and Mendes deal, Bruno not really involved in transfers etc. he then deleted his account. It smacked to me of someone who had over-stepped the mark in terms of exposing his source.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. Besides, I have already changed my FIFA 22 team to accommodate Nunes, Guedes, Almeida and Ramos. I really don't want to change it again.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we sure it’s the same person/account and not someone imitating. As the original poster did mention him but very much as a back up option on Wednesday. He then did a whole splurge about how Nunes was a Guo and Mendes deal, Bruno not really involved in transfers etc. he then deleted his account. It smacked to me of someone who had over-stepped the mark in terms of exposing his source.
It's the same account as this one that's 2 days before if you go down his thread he's also rubbishing his rumours of death for not been on for 2 days lmao, not sure if anyone else mentioned it before tho

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also worth remember Lobo claimed:

I've heard 4 names of current targets. One is based in France, but is not Icardi.

Moffi? The one in France?
Hwang2 the one in France ? That has gone very quiet. Seems he refuses to sign for Forest as they want to lend him to Olympiakos and he simply wants to play in the PL.

Sneazy

Groupie
Reaction score
I got the Moffi link (then found respective vid) from the guy who has today ‘re-appeared’.

As you guys say, link not mentioned elsewhere - so he is potentially ITK - as why risk a name out of the blue - or he’s full of ****.

I get the Ramos links and the fact he plays with Silva in the u-21’s is a big positive. The fact his goal scoring record is also good ticks the box. I also get the many links to him.

For some reason though I feel more excited about the Frenchman for some reason. Not a ‘big’ name but I guess it’s like clothing brands - just cos it’s a big name doesn’t always mean it’s a better end product for what you need.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota got booed from some of our fans mate. Some of our lot are morons ....shame really.
Diogo was great for us.
At the end of the day we are just fans of the club, but to them it's their lives, there careers their families lives. Who are we to judge them for wanting a different career path or change of life and challenges. Would we give a shop worker a hard time because they left our favourite Asda and went to work for Waitrose?

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
I got the Moffi link (then found respective vid) from the guy who has today ‘re-appeared’.

As you guys say, link not mentioned elsewhere - so he is potentially ITK - as why risk a name out of the blue - or he’s full of ****.

I get the Ramos links and the fact he plays with Silva in the u-21’s is a big positive. The fact his goal scoring record is also good ticks the box. I also get the many links to him.

For some reason though I feel more excited about the Frenchman for some reason. Not a ‘big’ name but I guess it’s like clothing brands - just cos it’s a big name doesn’t always mean it’s a better end product for what you need.
He isn't French, he's a Nigerian international who plays in France. Which I think fits with something said earlier in the thread about a target playing in France but wasn't French.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll wish him well and hope this can be the blueprint for many more talented youngsters to keep the club flush with excellent new players form the Iberian peninsula.

I mean....even Specsavers have taken the **** out of Forest for the fee, there's not much else to say! Irrespective, I hope he goes and does well for them, and I'm glad we learned from the Traore situation.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day we are just fans of the club, but to them it's their lives, there careers their families lives. Who are we to judge them for wanting a different career path or change of life and challenges. Would we give a shop worker a hard time because they left our favourite Asda and went to work for Waitrose?
Perhaps we should.

Sell outs!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Not to Waitrose, but if they went to Tesco's now that's a different kettle of fish!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Moffi actually looks good From his small sample size

Big, quick, strong, good hold up and link up play

There a clip were he runs through 4/5 defenders

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not liking all this introspective stuff on herewith the sale of MGW. I want the happiness from the Nunes deal to continue and I'm greedy and want more signings ... :D

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him at all but I think £22m is too steep tbh

Depends on a out right deal or loan with option or a guarantee

Think it may be a bit high but Ramos could be 40 mil the form he is in

Either would be great, get a striker and it's a terrific window and others is a bonus

He also plays a lot of fifa

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score

And then we splashed most of the cash on Blobby Taylor!
Hallelujah....

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm gonna put my head above the water and say it....

I think this account got very, very lucky with a guess on Nunes and is full of total ****.

Once the window ends, he/she will disappear and the account won't be heard of until January, when it will pop up and try and convince us of other news.

When the suggestions they make don't come off they'll use the "things can change very quickly in a Transfer situation..." line as their get out clause.

If they had any knowledge they were leaking, the club would spot it on the WWFC hashtag and try to shut it down (which is what I thought had happened, it's reappearance is exactly why I'm thinking the above to be true).
I agree, but I do think they knew about Nunes somehow. Also £22m for a player who's scored 8 goals in 34 starts, and 2 of them penalties, in the French league last year? That's very poor. He's relatively young at 23, but you'd expect a lot more, even if Lorient aren't the best side.

Brentford got a more prolific winger from Lorient (Yoanne Wissa) for £8.5m.

Lorient fans seem very happy to ship him off for that amount also:

It's been stagnant for quite a while though. He is a very useful crazy dog but, unfortunately, I find him limited despite his qualities.

Clearly, €25m is a lot for him. If we have Dieng in exchange, I don't think we should hesitate too much...
In my opinion, he has more potential than Moffi, technically above all...
25 millions ? I sign direct
25 M for a full half-season, that's unexpected!
I'm not sure that's a big loss. Even if he is a player with an irreproachable state of mind, who has given us an exceptional first half-season, he has not put one foot in front of the other since the departure of Wissa, technically he has quite significant shortcomings which he makes up for with his body play, and he has lost confidence in front of goal in recent months.
He still has this goalscoring instinct and he will succeed elsewhere, but I don't have the feeling that he would have had a great season with us. I feel like he needs a duo to perform, like he had with Wissa.

So if his sale can allow us to take Dieng, Da Cunha, and keep Laurienté, I will sign immediately.

Besides, the discussions with Wolverhampton must have started a few days ago, which would explain our interest in Dieng, knowing that we were going to release funds.
Rumor at 25M€
:roll:
Moffi's agent is very strong or the PL no longer knows what to do with his money...

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree, but I do think they knew about Nunes somehow. Also £22m for a player who's scored 8 goals in 34 starts, and 2 of them penalties, in the French league last year? That's very poor. He's relatively young at 23, but you'd expect a lot more, even if Lorient aren't the best side.

Brentford got a more prolific winger from Lorient (Yoanne Wissa) for £8.5m.

Lorient fans seem very happy to ship him off for that amount also:

We shall see what happens they also have Enzo le fee as well who we were linked in the media to

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for Ramos or André Silva.

Yes, it's Andre Silva for me, too. Realistically, we can never afford a top 10 ,or even top 20 goalscorer. I just think that Andre Silva is the very best that we could get, if he was available. Out of all the striker names bandied around, he is the one with the real goal scoring record in the top European leagues. Too many of the others are 6 or 7 goals a season players, which may be better than what we have, but very much unproven and taking a chance (eg Cutrone, Jose, Hwang...).

I think Silva is the one most likely to get more than 10 goals in the Premier League. And that believably could join us, of course.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's getting to the point with cutrone where him and the club need to agree to part ways....we need an agreement say 30/40% of his salary and cancel his contract.....he might get a club on a free....it will he better for both parties I think....we ain't getting a fee for him as his wages with us are too high.....
Why in earth would he do that? We gave him a contract, and if we want him gone and have no outside interest, need to pay it up. If not we're no better than Barcelona!

Reactions: Ian

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing lots of rumours about Neto being available at the right price.

Hoping Guedes isn’t his replacement.

Back
Top Bottom