Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What? No signing overnight?
Boo, Fosun out, Small-time Jeff and (Peter) Sellars out. Really disappointed with my club, relegation looms and the purse-strings have been tightened again. Sell to buy will cause dissent among the fans, who will argue and bitch among themselves and FFP will hamper our development. - Think that covers the last 500 pages! ;)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You ask what point I am trying to make.
I simply was replying to your statement 'You honestly think they will pay £25m for a player then stop playing him so he doesn’t cost them another £5m? Really?' so I will answer you.
It seems you are questioning if I believe this could happen but it does not matter whether I believe it. It happens. Now you may not have realised it happens but it does.
We may disagree on an opinion and I dont regard that as a problem. Life would be dull if we all agreed on everything. Maybe you disagree with that.:D But if it has happened before then that is a fact not an opinion.
Personally I dont think its a good deal but I dont think any less of anyone who has an opposite view. I dont like to see our squad weakened and hope now that we will make some signings so we can have a bench with players who can be premier quality.
I think you are conflating ‘has a club ever not played a player to avoid triggering a clause’ with ‘is that realistic in this instance’. I don’t think it’s remotely realistic with MGW & Forest as he’s their marquee signing … I don’t really think you do either…
As to you not thinking it’s a good deal fair enough, time will tell…

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A question for those who think it isn’t a good deal for Wolves. How much would you value Connor Gallagher at? He’s almost same age as MGW and had two seasons in the PL, one where he shone in a relegated team and one where he was good enough to get capped by England. I’m not sure anyone is paying much more than £35m for him and he’s much more proven.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just put this on the Ramos thread but should perhaps been added here.

There was a link quoted recently on here where an apparent ITK stated we had enquired about this guy. He appears to have the right attributes; pace, power, ability to lay the ball off in tight spaces and can finish. He reminds me of Lukaku. Goal scoring record is good too with 22 in 56 for Lorient and 4 in 4 for Nigeria. Looks excellent albeit on the obligatory YouTube video.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed no first team training video this week - think this might be because raul is training.

Interested to see if bruno in the presser says raul is fit and ready to go.

Would change everything in the 4 -3 -3

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm gonna put my head above the water and say it....

I think this account got very, very lucky with a guess on Nunes and is full of total ****.

Once the window ends, he/she will disappear and the account won't be heard of until January, when it will pop up and try and convince us of other news.

When the suggestions they make don't come off they'll use the "things can change very quickly in a Transfer situation..." line as their get out clause.

If they had any knowledge they were leaking, the club would spot it on the WWFC hashtag and try to shut it down (which is what I thought had happened, it's reappearance is exactly why I'm thinking the above to be true).

Reaction score
A question for those who think it isn’t a good deal for Wolves. How much would you value Connor Gallagher at? He’s almost same age as MGW and had two seasons in the PL, one where he shone in a relegated team and one where he was good enough to get capped by England. I’m not sure anyone is paying much more than £35m for him and he’s much more proven.
Let’s sign him for £35m then and top 6 is ours!

modenawolf

Reaction score
Didn't know of Moffi until we were linked with him but quite like the look of him (albeit from that YouTube vid): big, strong, direct, the kind of physical presence we need and (I think) Bruno wants. Got a nice touch and loves a back-heel too; what's not to like?

£22m seems a bit steep but as an alternative loan-to-buy to Ramos it could be a smart move.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't know of Moffi until we were linked with him but quite like the look of him (albeit from that YouTube vid): big, strong, direct, the kind of physical presence we need and (I think) Bruno wants. Got a nice touch and loves a back-heel too; what's not to like?

£22m seems a bit steep but as an alternative loan-to-buy to Ramos it could be a smart move.

We haven't been linked with him.

Just this account. Nobody else has said anything anywhere.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think this account got very, very lucky with a guess on Nunes and is full of total ****.

Once the window ends, he/she will disappear and the account won't be heard of until January, when it will pop up and try and convince us of other news.

When the suggestions they make don't come off they'll use the "things can change very quickly in a Transfer situation..." line as their get out clause.

If they had any knowledge they were leaking, the club would spot it on the WWFC hashtag and try to shut it down (which is what I thought had happened, it's reappearance is exactly why I'm thinking the above to be true).
This one is the test, if we buy this guy this window, this guy has to be ITK as no one else mentioning it, no way would this be a lucky guess

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one is the test, if we buy this guy this window, this guy has to be ITK as no one else mentioning it, no way would this be a lucky guess
Absolutely agreed. I just reckon it will be someone at the end going : "GOT YOU, YOU ALL BELIEVED ME. SHOUT OUT TO MR JOHNSON'S YEAR 9 GEOGRAPHY CLASS"

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This lad deleted all his previous tweets - the majority of which were just normal twitter *******s. Now he's posing as a bonafide source. Don't buy it :)

Yeah, just seen all of a sudden he/she had 86 tweets going back to 2013. Far too suspicious an account.

As I have done on here several times, if I'm wrong and Terem Moffi signs before the window closes I'll gladly climb down and hail him/her as the new heron.

But for now, I'm more inclined to believe posters on here who have a history and believe Ramos is our guy.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, and the "£22 million" bit sounds too specific - there will be very few people at the club who know the exact amounts of bids being made - so few that they'd be worried about passing anything like that on.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He is going into far too much specific detail about what is going on.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tend to agree. On here we have several different people all confirming the Ramos interest, even to the extent it’s done. Yet he/she dismisses it and talks about a kid from Nigeria that most have probably never hear of. I know earlier in the window there was some talk of us shopping in France.

colincameron

Reaction score
He is going into far too much specific detail about what is going on.

I feel like if this clossp truly got lucky, and wanted to back it up, he’d be spewing stuff about Ramos now as it’s much safer. This came from nowhere, why would he chose that with such a high likelihood of being wrong and ruining his ‘legacy’ if it was all bs?

Also worth remember Lobo claimed:

I've heard 4 names of current targets. One is based in France, but is not Icardi.

Moffi? The one in France?

I think there’s something in it personally, maybe as the back up option to Ramos all along, should he go to the Geordies.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Noticed no first team training video this week - think this might be because raul is training.

Interested to see if bruno in the presser says raul is fit and ready to go.

Would change everything in the 4 -3 -3
Not sure of the logic there. Don't show any video to keep Raul's fitness secret and then tell everyone on Friday? Still excited though, if Raul plays in a 433 and Nelson comes in for Jonny, then I think we've actually got our first team out!

.......................... Sa
Semedo... Collins...Kilman...RAN
....... Moutinho... Neves... Nunes
...... Guedes.... Jimenez..... Neto

That's a team worth going to watch!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel like if this clossp truly got lucky, and wanted to back it up, he’d be spewing stuff about Ramos now as it’s much safer. This came from nowhere, why would he chose that with such a high likelihood of being wrong and ruining his ‘legacy’ if it was all bs?

Also worth remember Lobo claimed:

I've heard 4 names of current targets. One is based in France, but is not Icardi.

Moffi? The one in France?

I think there’s something in it personally, maybe as the back up option to Ramos all along, should he go to the Geordies.
Could be. Something's not right. He's either mad or dangerous

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure of the logic there. Don't show any video to keep Raul's fitness secret and then tell everyone on Friday? Still excited though, if Raul plays in a 433 and Nelson comes in for Jonny, then I think we've actually got our first team out!

.......................... Sa
Semedo... Collins...Kilman...RAN
....... Moutinho... Neves... Nunes
...... Guedes.... Jimenez..... Neto

That's a team worth going to watch!
Agreed no logic, but didnt we do something similar before with i think it was podence coming back from injury.

Either way lage said nothing about mouts injury before start of the season.

Maybe he will say nothing on jimenez

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a hunch, but for me Ramos sounds like a Palinha, where we are constantly being linked to encourage other teams to make a bid.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a hunch, but for me Ramos sounds like a Palinha, where we are constantly being linked to encourage other teams to make a bid.
I dont know has a very nunes vibe, linked all the way through, for then to be triggered.

The idea of if no big team comes in before they get to the champs league , mendes happy to broker us a deal.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Hasn't Moffi been mentioned on here prior to this week?

I like the look of him, he's certainly strong enough for the Premier

Back
Top Bottom