Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have thought seeing the signings we were making that he would be excited and want to stay. Obviously something else going on there. I know his partner was very vocal about not liking the club / fan base, perhaps thats the issue?
Given the crap his partner had from some of our more moronic fans that's hardly a big surprise.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, as someone said above, I think his issue is with our fan base. It started with that lockdown party he went to and then various things on his social media account with his partner, who (maybe justifiably) made a point about not liking the Wolves fans. It's best he moves on where him and his partner feel happy.

One thing is for sure, in a few days time his social media profiles will show him in a Forest shirt, stating that he is a Nottingham Forest player. That should tell us everything we need to know. Good luck Morgan.
.... but expect to get absolute pelters when Trees come to Molineux....

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel so positive about this team and club now.

You guys know that I rarely venture into the main site. I keep my opinion close.
But I feel positive

My wife (for those that don’t know) is a massive Newcastle fan
She’s gone from negative to euphoria to negative over the last 12 months.

Reverse of us I suppose

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You guys know that I rarely venture into the main site. I keep my opinion close.
But I feel positive

Reverse of us I suppose
FFP is biting the Geordies hard. They are having to go down the loan with option/obligation route. Not helpful if the seller wants ready cash.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

But I feel positive

Reverse of us I suppose
How is she feeling about this transfer window? Got to say I’m surprised at the lack of business they have done and also the quality they are targeting.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But I feel positive

Reverse of us I suppose
If she has to choose a stripey lot to support at least she has chosen better colours than the obvious. :D

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really assed. Potentially a good player and clearly talented but has rarely looked sufficiently at ease to show his best, whether down to the weight of expectations, perceptions of him by his managers, past indiscretions or the clear disapproval of his girlfriend for being at a club she felt didn't show they wanted him, it was a relationship where too much happened for it to work. Good luck to him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping we are still in for Dario Osorio. Younger than MGW and far less experienced of course but he looks a real talent and could be treated as Neto was in his first season with us.
Also think Martim Neto looks a tremendous prospect. Would give us some really good depth and allow Cundle and Campbell out on loan.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saiss, Coady out….Collins in
MGW out…Nunes in
Trincao, Silva out….Guedes in

Big upgrades but aren’t we still short on numbers? Need at least a couple don’t we
Plus Hoever and Marcal who probably counted as 1 between them in terms of game time.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Need ramos and Andre silva
Ideally would like to see another cm like that Almeida chap
With 2 strikers we'd have too many attackers imo. Can't have players on the bench and keep the squad unity tight.

We don't play 60 games a year like City etc

Andre Silva would be absolutely ideal

Madmalc

Reaction score
Looking forward to Saturday, doubt that Spuds will have as much knowledge about how we're going to play as usual. Hope it's a case of not knowing what's hit 'em.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no guarantee on anything above the initial 25 What the terms of the add ons are I dont think either of us know. I am not saying this would happen but we have heard of deals where a club would not play a certain player as the number of games played would mean if the player played another game it would trigger the next payment.
You honestly think they will pay £25m for a player then stop playing him so he doesn’t cost them another £5m? Really?

Percy said expected up to mid thirties, I’m
happy to go with that. I think you’re being needlessly negative about a fantastic deal.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If she has to choose a stripey lot to support at least she has chosen better colours than the obvious. :D

Mate, she’s from Cullercoats. And her Dad is NUFC through and through (like we are Gold and Black)

Saturdays are interesting as she loves her football

But they both have massive concerns about the club

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An interesting piece of information I've been told, that fits in with @Hoganstolemywife 's post...

Bruno was selected as Nuno's successor BEFORE our first Premier League season under Fosun. If the first year had gone bad, Bruno would have taken over back then and it was all arranged already.

We didn't stumble into Bruno when Nuno left. It was planned all along. But Lopetegui was always the no.1 choice. So I don't doubt that if he was available now, we would indeed have replaced Bruno with him.
Makes sense , I remember a random rumour about Bruno when everything was all happy with Nuno.

I think eventually we will end up with Julen

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is she feeling about this transfer window? Got to say I’m surprised at the lack of business they have done and also the quality they are targeting.

Massively negative. She was hoping for a huge cash injection and world class players.

Unlikely with Eddie Howe though.

He kept them up. Will be gone by bonfire night (not my words)

D

Deleted member (smith)

Did Guo and Mendes being at the last pre-season game really shift things here in terms of transfers finally happening and money being spent?

Its a little unlikely that they don’t communicate at board meetings and have modern technology like the telephone. But whatever nonsense is on Twitter we lap it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member (smith)

I heard we tried to get someone else in and failed....if thats what it means ....so we didn't replace Bruno...if that's makes sense...
If there were discussions at board level about management succession that would be quite normal…what do we do if he dies leaves or is there someone better available. All pretty normal.

that someone repeats that on the mix that we tried to fire Bruno is highly improbable …nobody involved in such a discussion would leak it….we were shocked when Nuno left. So I call bull**** on that one.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's basically what I heard. Talks were held this summer. He didn't choose to come.

As mentioned before I hear a few things related to other clubs but not Wolves, and as I said back at the time I’d heard JL was expecting a call from Newcastle. But clearly that hasn’t panned out.

(I’m fully behind Bruno btw, not looking to ad any doubts. I like his approach and his football.)

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That would have been before he managed Benfica wouldn't it - perhaps even Benfica B?

Why would they have selected Swansea's assistant manager?

I’m not vouching for the info. BUT we were linked with Bruno in the press during our second prem season (when Nuno was being linked with other clubs). And Fosun tend to have planned moves in advance.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right - well time to put a few more cards on the table. I was told a couple of weeks ago that MGW will go to Forest (I posted after the BBC female journalist said it was a done deal) but that Jeff was holding out for top dollar because he thought he could get it.

Not saying this to prove what a wonderful savant I am, but to (hopefully) show that I'm not just making the following up - all of which came from the same source.

- Our summer budget went from £0 to £100+ million overnight
- Neves is signing a new deal
- We tried to sack Bruno over the summer

Still can't believe how overpriced the Enlgish market is. Not even the Forest fans are happy with this: Morgan Gibbs-White

Re:budget, I’ve said it in passing a couple times but I mean it - Guo instructed the club to show more ambition and spend. Why? Don’t know.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As mentioned before I hear a few things related to other clubs but not Wolves, and as I said back at the time I’d heard JL was expecting a call from Newcastle. But clearly that hasn’t panned out.

(I’m fully behind Bruno btw, not looking to ad any doubts. I like his approach and his football.)
Agreed

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If true, I wonder if he’s regretting his decision now that Wolves have splashed the cash?

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Really? I want Bonatini and Cutrone gone ahead of Adama. Even so either he signs a new contract (if we still want him to) or we shift him.
I reckon either 1 or both will end up at Grasshoppers by the end of the window.

Back
Top Bottom