Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Its been suggested that Nunes would never sign before the 15th. Should we have thought sod it and got Palinha instead just so we could play Leeds with a new signing?

I'm sure Bruno would have wanted players earlier but would rather wait for the right ones.

Don't think Jeff will be losing sleep over your forgiveness. Especially not for 0.1/10 impact :)

I'm sure Jeff, the cheeky so and so that he is, is looking at my post and laughing.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Crikey someone’s a sensitive little soul over a throw away jokey remark aren’t they?
Crikey someone’s a sensitive little soul over a throw away jokey remark aren’t they?
I'm sure Jeff, like most others on this forum (except you evidently, doesn't really care what I think at all.
Mate, no offence, but when in a hole, stop digging.

It’s a great day to be a Wolves fan. Rejoice and look forward. Up the bloody Wolves!!!!!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, no offence, but when in a hole, stop digging.

It’s a great day to be a Wolves fan. Rejoice and look forward. Up the bloody Wolves!!!!!

Mate, no offence, but stop finding my posts to prove a point you have completely missed in the first place.

it was a joke, a throw away remark, the kind of remark where if we were face to face in a pub, you would have looked at me and smirked at the sarcasm of it.

Instead, you saw it on a forum and pressed the eject button on your toys.

It is a great day to be a Wolves fan - let's just chill on it.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wow, miracles do happen - flicked on to SSN and they had a short bit on Wolves transfers! - briefly mentioned Nunes and also talked about our interest in Ramos...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of Dendoncker, Moutinho & Gibbs-White who do we think Lage would select as the starting third CM in a 433 alongside Neves & Nunes?
On form, which the team should be picked on it has to be donk.

But when the chance/need comes to swap donk out it can only be Joao.

But if Joao comes straight back in when fit, it isn’t a bad decision as he has played with neves for years now and with nunes at Portugal so is aware to how he plays better than Leander and with joaos passing and reading of a game we will get more out of nunes in a game.

This is the selection headache that every-manager should have.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I want to know is, when are we signing our next big e sport prospect, man, we are going to take over the world within that industry #legacyfan

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as an aside and I'm sure it's already being raised, but the fact that we have already played two games and they transfer window is yet to shut is really a massive oversight and shouldn't have been condoned.

I accept that it's an unusual year given the league starts earlier, but the placing of clubs in positions where they don't know their best XI, they have unsettled players and transfers have to wait until players / agents are ready, shows just what a mess this window is.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Mate, no offence, but stop finding my posts to prove a point you have completely missed in the first place.

it was a joke, a throw away remark, the kind of remark where if we were face to face in a pub, you would have looked at me and smirked at the sarcasm of it.

Instead, you saw it on a forum and pressed the eject button on your toys.

It is a great day to be a Wolves fan - let's just chill on it.
Fair enough. I done with your nonsense now anyway, even though you think it’s ok to jump on other folks for reacting to your posts but not ok for others to reply…mmmmmmmmmm!

Time to move on and rejoice. Have a good day ;)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A striker and, if I’m being greedy, a left back and this is a 9.9/10 window.

It can’t be 10/10 because we weren’t ready before Leeds and I won’t forgive Jeff for that
Why is that on just Jeff?

For me 3 games in and not having a striker it can't be a 10 out of 10 window. I think it's a problem of our own making as well.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are any of our new signings any good at set pieces? Because that is one of the things that has been letting us down.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when Bruno said 3 or 4 players pre-Nunes we now have 2 or 3 to come. Favourties at the moment seem to be:

Centre-Forward: Ramos/Batshuayi/Andre Silva
Left Back: Grimaldo
Winger/One for the Future: Osorio

God, I hope you are right mate.

Keeping Neves and adding Collins, Guedes, Nunes, any of those strikers, plus Grimaldo and Osorio would be an absolutely insane transfer window - insane!

Its the sort of transfer window I was expecting Newcastle to have to be honest, not Wolves.

They have two weeks left to get a Striker and a back-up full back and I think that should do.

I do expect Adama to leave, there may be a possibility of him going to Chelsea as a make-weight in a deal for Batshuayi. There may be a surprise departure - Arsenal keep being mentioned as a possible destination for Neto, and there is always Neves might end up at United.

Keep everyone together and add a top striker and the 'project' is well and truly back on!

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do we still expect Ramos to move if Benfica get to Champions League group stage? Which does seem quite likely considering that they are 2-up after the first leg.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are any of our new signings any good at set pieces? Because that is one of the things that has been letting us down.
taking or attacking them? Collins is very good at attacking them, not sure about Nunes although he’s not short, but hasn’t scored many headers for sporting.

Taking them, MGW’s corners have been really good so far.

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to add a bit of height to the team also - although think Guedes neves and nunes will be queuing up on the edge at corners to shoot

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Exciting times ahead I think?
I really hope we don’t sell any of our first team players because if we do, in years to come fans will look back and say it was the greatest Wolves squad in the modern era never to play together!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do we still expect Ramos to move if Benfica get to Champions League group stage? Which does seem quite likely considering that they are 2-up after the first leg.
Believe he is free to go once he gets them into champs league groups stages, with neres/araujo etc to take the weight

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Yes - I said he's a great character!

I think Neves also has something about him - didn't he captain Porto occasionally before he even came to us?

I think in England particularly we're too quick to conflate loud and shouty (and weirdly, tall) with being a good captain. My point is really, that while I think Coady is a good captain, I also think it got a bit over-hyped because he's such a visibly (or perhaps audibly!) good captain. There are plenty of good captains who aren't like that, and yet have the respect to drive their team on.

Also, the post I was originally replying to was talking more about his organising of the back line than the captaincy itself - now unless our defenders are headless chickens, I do think some of the stuff he shouted was a bit redundant.
Agree - and there will be players who got fed up with Conor’s chirpy shouty approach after a while. Quietly inspirational guys can be just as - if not more - effective as leaders!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is that on just Jeff?

For me 3 games in and not having a striker it can't be a 10 out of 10 window. I think it's a problem of our own making as well.

I'm being lenient on Sellars because he's clearly doing a job he's out of his depth in, and that too is Jeff's doing.

This is a joke, before people start coming for me.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. I done with your nonsense now anyway, even though you think it’s ok to jump on other folks for reacting to your posts but not ok for others to reply…mmmmmmmmmm!

Time to move on and rejoice. Have a good day ;)

The "Ignore" function is a grand thing in this forum.

Let's both click it now before the mods get involved and we get told off like two squabbling children :)

Back
Top Bottom