Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still 2-3 more incoming if you believe Bruno wasn't just spouting BS pre Fulham. With the way things are currently panning out I believe he knows this to be true rather than just hoping.

We all know we need a striker and maybe full back cover but other than this, and assuming no significant departures we are well stocked enough with 2 players per position and not enough spaces for them all on the bench.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes to Neves to Guedes has a certain ring to it .
Neves to Nunes , to Guedes to Dendoncker- to row z ;)

Some thing's will remain a constant :cool:

Hopefully the Donk will be banned from the opposition penalty area from now on and Nunes brings his shooting boots!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the block
Cutrone
Bonatini
Jordao - almost done
traore??

Now can be loaned?
Ronan?
Cundle?
Campbell?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I don't believe Arsenal have a better starting eleven than us, it's at least very close anyway. I would definitely give Spurs the edge over us though.

LB/RB I prefer our options (Tierney is very injury prone, Ben White is not a RB, Zinchenko is a CM playing at LB). Sa I would say is similar to Ramsdale. CB's they probably have the slight edge, simply through experience. I'm taking Nunes/Neves over Xhaka/Partey all day long. Saka probably slight edge over Neto, but obviously depends if Neto can rediscover pre-injury form. Guedes I'd take over Martinelli, but TBD. Jesus over Jimenez (pending us signing another striker). Odegaard over MGW/Podence (although I do think he's overrated, and MGW could be better).

I prefer our midfield to Spurs, Dier/Davies at the back are suspect but other than that, front three is world class, wing backs similar quality to ours, Romero is exceptional, probably prefer Sa over Lloris who's a liability as well. I can see them finishing top four mainly by virtue of them outscoring teams.

In a year when some of our younger players have more experience, I hope I'll be able to say we're a much closer match to a side like Spurs, but our front three is nowhere near Kane, Son and Kulusevski (with Richarlison and Lucas on the bench!), and therein lies our biggest problem at the moment.

Guedes will hopefully settle a lot better than Trincao as he fits this league much better, and we need Neto to get back to the player we saw before the knee injury. Do they gamble and sign a backup striker to Raul now, in the hope that Silva in a year will be ready to start for us and Raul can rediscover his pre-injury form in a much more attacking side, or do they pay the big bucks for a striker that can be an upgrade for us right now.
Sorry Saka is miles ahead of Neto at this point. Tomiyasu is quality as well when he is back.

There isn't much in it but I'd say 6-9 points.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Saka is miles ahead of Neto at this point. Tomiyasu is quality as well when he is back.

There isn't much in it but I'd say 6-9 points.
You've got to factor in their bench options too.

I also think sometimes you only need a tiny bit of extra quality to go from 1 to 3 points. Over a season that can really tell. A team that finishes well above another might only be a small margin better, but if that small margin makes the difference six or seven times it adds up.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So almeida still an option, makes sense Cornwall thought this one had a lot of legs earlier in the window.

Almeida, Osorio and a striker? that makes the 4 with nunes

Nunes, guedes, collins, osorio, almeida, striker

Geneuine question NW - Why do you keep posting about Osorio? There has been nothing formally linking us with him for weeks, only stories that arise are ones saying "Wolves WERE interested earlier in the window" or words to that effect.

Not being difficult, just a genuine question

If there's 2 to come, it'll be a Striker and a Full Back in my opinion.

If it's 3, it'll be a Striker, Full Back and another CM - Moutinho's successor.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You've got to factor in their bench options too.

I also think sometimes you only need a tiny bit of extra quality to go from 1 to 3 points. Over a season that can really tell. A team that finishes well above another might only be a small margin better, but if that small margin makes the difference six or seven times it adds up.
Yeah, goals always the big gap for us. We all know it's the key

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Re the full back, not very sexy but wouldn't be surprised to see us go back to Burnley for Charlie Taylor or Connor Roberts
I think I saw it somewhere, but may be making this up, but I think the plan was for a younger full back given the ages of Semedo and Jonny.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Geneuine question NW - Why do you keep posting about Osorio? There has been nothing formally linking us with him for weeks, only stories that arise are ones saying "Wolves WERE interested earlier in the window" or words to that effect.

Not being difficult, just a genuine question

If there's 2 to come, it'll be a Striker and a Full Back in my opinion.

If it's 3, it'll be a Striker, Full Back and another CM - Moutinho's successor.
Sure from my understanding all from the previous links that the offer was on the table for osorio and all that was stopping this was agents.

Ie a done deal in principle.

Perhaps we have now moved on from this.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure from my understanding all from the previous links that the offer was on the table for osorio and all that was stopping this was agents.

Ie a done deal in principle.

Perhaps we have now moved on from this.

I think we have - All that was prior to "the taps being turned back on".

Seemed a good player, maybe one for the future?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get cutrone and bonatini off, and we have a striker salary imo
We are unlike;ly to see any benefit in a reduction of their wages substantially until their contracts are finished. I dont think either of them have done enought to make them sought after which means even if they went on loan we would have to subsidise their wages.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as an aside and I'm sure it's already being raised, but the fact that we have already played two games and they transfer window is yet to shut is really a massive oversight and shouldn't have been condoned.

I accept that it's an unusual year given the league starts earlier, but the placing of clubs in positions where they don't know their best XI, they have unsettled players and transfers have to wait until players / agents are ready, shows just what a mess this window is.
You mean like happens every season? There was a short spell, two or three seasons, when the PL transfer window closed before season kickoff, but given that didn't happen in the rest of Europe English clubs got utterly stuffed....

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is it too much to want a striker to come in now?

If we get Ramos we've got a really strong spine to the team for the next 5 years!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting in what has not happened so far this summer is a lack of substantial ins and outs of the younger elements of the club.Is there the same transfer window for other football leagues?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn't seem to want to commit and that fee is ridiculous.

It is sad because he is homegrown and he added quality to the squad.

But, having said that, IMO he has been average the first two games.

I wish him well and if you'd have offered me Guedes + Nunes for MGW out last week, hands would have been bitten.

Let's not let the wave of positivity diminish now.
This move realistically suits all.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many wanna post that tweet? Haha!

Wanted to keep Gibbs-White think he has the potential to be a top player but for that fee feel we just have to accept especially if he is still unsure on his future here. For all his quality I just don't think we can't guarantee what he wants which is playing every week....

Let's hope they use the money to get Ramos in!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW leaving is a massive shame but if he isn't going to sign a contract then we can't be held to ransom. There's something about a hometown player that people warm to and genuinely get behind.

It's not put a dampener on things as such but it's just a bit "oh damn".

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This makes me very sad, but I think deep down all of us knew somebody was getting sold, seemed too good to be true that we'd keep all of this current side intact, and let's be honest as well, much rather lose MGW than Neves or Neto.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the euphoria then back down to earth. Now we have to wonder if there is anything in Neves and Neto going?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Jeff, like most others on this forum (except you evidently, doesn't really care what I think at all.
Ok…..I’m sorry.
was just posting in a light heated way…….
( now…..where’s the bloody Aspirin? )

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
probably means he doesnt want to sign a contract, 45m is a ridiculous price for a player who has had one good season in the championship

same as we got for Jota?! great work by Fosun there IMO
It is not 45m though.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
44.5m with addons.. it pays for nunes, im sad to see MGW go. We really do need another home grown in, so well i said how could the 7 fit into the front 3

I thought traore would go but off went MGW

Back
Top Bottom