Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the fullback we are rumoured to be after who is playing in England is Dalot, be worth it just for the meltdowns my Man U supporting colleagues would have :cool: they are already salty as hell we are bringing Nunes in:laughing:

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah for me I'm going after Ramos. Silva would be fine though, most definitely.

For me, who knows if we're going to get this kind of investment again anytime soon. I'd rather go with the kid who looks incredible then the guy who is not first choice in Germany and nearly 27.

27 isn't old, but it's not the same control and profit potential as Ramos. Not to mention, he's 21, there's a small chance he's still got an inch of height in him.
We just get both. That solves it

bully9

Reaction score
Ok but just hypothetically if we now have seemingly unlimited funds, can we grow a clone of Robbie Dennison’s brain in Adama’s body.
I watched a documentary about how they did it from dinosaurs. We just need a mosquito to bite them both.
That’s some player For you younger fans Robbie wasn’t that fast just walked round players at will

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s some player For you younger fans Robbie wasn’t that fast just walked round players at will
Like a greased otter on ice. Just slid on past and a beautiful cross would follow. If he’d had even the slightest pace he’d have been worth a fortune!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having only 3 fullbacks when the window closes is a risk in my opinion. One injury, and we have no options.
3 starters - good competition + 2 or 3 Youngsters as backup. Unless you are Barcelona that is as good as it gets. How do you persuade another "first choice" fullback to join and compete with what we have?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played once with him in a charity match some years ago.

He waltzed through the entire penalty area and scored. I was moaning about no one tackling him until I realised who it was. Ball may as well have been nailed to his foot.

Bully's anticipation was also god-like compared to even some decent youth and upper non league players I've played with. I'm a rubbish footballer but even I could tell that the difference was just something else.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Wolves added Grimaldo & Goncalo Ramos to the squad after Nunes like that tweet earlier was claiming and could add a couple of youngsters like the recently linked Boubacar Traore & Charly Alcaraz allowing Ronan to be moved on and Cundle to go out on loan we would have one hell of a squad for a 433 formation

GK - Sa, Sarkic
CB(2) - Collins, Kilman Boly, Toti, Mosquera
RB - Semedo, Jonny
LB - Grimaldo, Ait-Nouri
DM - Neves, B.Traore
CM(2) - Nunes, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Alcaraz
Wing(2) - Guedes, Neto, MGW, Podence, Adama
ST - Jimenez, Ramos, Hwang

Then next season Chiquinho replaces Adama when he is fully recovered and fit, Fabio Silva replaces Raul, Cundle replaces Moutinho if their loans are successful and we only need to buy to replace Boly and/or anyone else the club wants to move on(for example say donk & jonny)

bully9

Reaction score
If Wolves added Grimaldo & Goncalo Ramos to the squad after Nunes like that tweet earlier was claiming and could add a couple of youngsters like the recently linked Boubacar Traore & Charly Alcaraz allowing Ronan to be moved on and Cundle to go out on loan we would have one hell of a squad for a 433 formation

GK - Sa, Sarkic
CB(2) - Collins, Kilman Boly, Toti, Mosquera
RB - Semedo, Jonny
LB - Grimaldo, Ait-Nouri
DM - Neves, B.Traore
CM(2) - Nunes, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Alcaraz
Wing(2) - Guedes, Neto, MGW, Podence, Adama
ST - Jimenez, Ramos, Hwang

Then next season Chiquinho replaces Adama when he is fully recovered and fit, Fabio Silva replaces Raul, Cundle replaces Moutinho if their loans are successful and we only need to buy to replace Boly and/or anyone else the club wants to move on(for example say donk & jonny)

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are after a fullback, who's gone? 4 fullbacks seems a bit much unless this is purely a backup who will see little of the pitch. Although, I never want to see a player like Hoever on the pitch again, so get as deep as you want, Bruno!
You need four good full backs with the system we're playing. It's exhausting work so subs will be common I think.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a proper striker replacement in before we can say that IMO. I don't think we'll be competitive until we have done that. Nunes a fantastic signing, guedes a good one, Collins I'm not 100% sure we've actually strengthened even if he is clearly talented.
I’d disagree there. Collins is a big upgrade on defending on Coady

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins I'm not 100% sure we've actually strengthened even if he is clearly talented.
I'm slightly confused by this. Depends on your perception I suppose. Would have to assume you're using the criteria: 'Is he already, objectively, a better defender than Coady?' In which case I can see where you could be undecided.
However, I think the more pertinent question is: 'Is he a better fit and have the physical attributes for a high-line back 4?' then I think there's only 1 answer to that. Particularly when factor in that one has played over 100 more top flight matches worth of experience, yet still probably couldn't do a better job in Bruno's preferred system moving forward.

Buying good players in isolation doesn't achieve anything. This is why Yanited are an absolute mess, while Liverpool and Citeh continue to dominate. They buy the highest quality stylistic fit that they can for their systems.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm slightly confused by this. Depends on your perception I suppose. Would have to assume you're using the criteria: 'Is he already, objectively, a better defender than Coady?' In which case I can see where you could be undecided.
However, I think the more pertinent question is: 'Is he a better fit and have the physical attributes for a high-line back 4?' then I think there's only 1 answer to that. Particularly when factor in that one has played over 100 more top flight matches worth of experience, yet still probably couldn't do a better job in Bruno's preferred system moving forward.

Buying good players in isolation doesn't achieve anything. This is why Yanited are an absolute mess, while Liverpool and Citeh continue to dominate. They buy the highest quality stylistic fit that they can for their systems.
For me, my concern is the the relative inexperience of the whole back line, and how nobody across that line is particularly vocal, or an organiser.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, my concern is the the relative inexperience of the whole back line, and how nobody across that line is particularly vocal, or an organiser.

Firstly, Collins does seem very vocal.

But secondly, most teams don't have a Coady, and a lot of them manage fine! While he's a great character, footballers don't need to have basic instructions shouted at them all game, despite what Coady and the people who sit behind me seem to think.

Back
Top Bottom