Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we still loan with obligation Boubake Traore? Strengthens bench and means we have 2 midfielders on the bench and can loan/sell Cundle, Hodge, Ronan. Personally think the midfield will be N&N with Mouts and Dendonker interchanging.

I haven’t got a clue about our front 3 or 4 as there is an argument for all of them as they each bring something different.

It’s been a long time since I’ve genuinely not been able to name our starting XI before each game even when everyone’s fit. We are starting to build a squad.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So almeida still an option, makes sense Cornwall thought this one had a lot of legs earlier in the window.

Almeida, Osorio and a striker? that makes the 4 with nunes

Nunes, guedes, collins, osorio, almeida, striker
Is that last sentence the names of the Take That tribute act?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just reading a couple of articles from last week.

I appreciate things have changed markedly, but I don't think this was Madeley's best prediction - 11 days ago:

Whether Wolves supporters like it or not, the days of Fosun bankrolling transfer spending to a significant degree are over.

They spent £20 million from their summer transfer kitty on Nathan Collins and a small amount of room for manoeuvre still remains, but any major purchases in the remainder of the summer will have to be funded by sales.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder what price they want if it’s considered by us and porto to be “too high”? Anything around £8-10m and i’d snap their hands off, would be an amazing signing for depth right now and to develop into a starter over the next year or so.
Mountinho replacement?

Nunes, Almeida, Neves - 4-3-3

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So almeida still an option, makes sense Cornwall thought this one had a lot of legs earlier in the window.

Almeida, Osorio and a striker? that makes the 4 with nunes

Nunes, guedes, collins, osorio, almeida, striker
We are also looking at another fullback, apparently he is a UK based player.

dnf14

Reaction score
I wonder what price they want if it’s considered by us and porto to be “too high”? Anything around £8-10m and i’d snap their hands off, would be an amazing signing for depth right now and to develop into a starter over the next year or so.
Think it was €10m but he's going into the last year of his contract so I think both us and Porto are trying to lowball them. Sounds like one of those deals that'll quietly rumble on until the end of the window.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I appreciate things have changed markedly, but I don't think this was Madeley's best prediction - 11 days ago:

Whether Wolves supporters like it or not, the days of Fosun bankrolling transfer spending to a significant degree are over.

They spent £20 million from their summer transfer kitty on Nathan Collins and a small amount of room for manoeuvre still remains, but any major purchases in the remainder of the summer will have to be funded by sales.
Albion fan guesswork at best there.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This peaceful truce on the Mix is really boring

Need Neves sold asap and a redrawing of battle lines
We've still not signed a striker and Lage's tactical nous/use of subs is still suspect.

Plenty of time for uproar after the spuds game!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I really hope not, but we may still sell Neves and/or Neto

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People talking about wanting another midfielder/full back, but we've spent over £100m already while retaining all key players, so I'd be very surprised to see more money spent on anything other than a striker, which is still a massive priority.

List of strikers we've been linked with, am I missing any?

Andre Silva, Andrea Bellotti, Ludovic Ajorque, Terem Moffi, Goncalo Ramos, Ben Brereton-Diaz, Michy Batshuayi, Maxi Gomez

I think Silva or Bellotti would be a serious statement of intent for this season, as I'd favour them to start over Raul and represent an upgrade. The others I think are good options who will provide depth, but most likely won't start ahead of Jimenez, unless Raul has a bad spell, which could definitely happen if he can't rediscover his pre-injury form in a much more attacking side.

All are good options, but I do think those two stand out from the rest. The rest I'd put into a similar tier. No doubt there's a number of strikers the club have enquired about that we have no idea of as well.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
People talking about wanting another midfielder/full back, but we've spent over £100m already while retaining all key players, so I'd be very surprised to see more money spent on anything other than a striker, which is still a massive priority.

List of strikers we've been linked with, am I missing any?

I think Silva or Bellotti would be a serious statement of intent for this season, as I'd favour them to start over Raul and represent an upgrade. The others I think are good options who will provide depth, but most likely won't start ahead of Jimenez, unless Raul has a bad spell, which could definitely happen if he can't rediscover his pre-injury form in a much more attacking side.

All are good options, but I do think those two stand out from the rest. The rest I'd put into a similar tier. No doubt there's a number of strikers the club have enquired about that we have no idea of as well.
Still 2-3 more incoming if you believe Bruno wasn't just spouting BS pre Fulham. With the way things are currently panning out I believe he knows this to be true rather than just hoping.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The club used to use Spiers like this: they'd constantly feed him lines about no signings being expected/Neves not coming etc etc. It got to the point where I think he was playing along willingly in return for access.

I don't think it's a smokescreen to stop other clubs raising prices per se, but I think it is a bit of a decoy to stop other clubs trying to interfere with our business, as it seems West Ham and Arsenal did with Nunes and Collins respectively.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still 2-3 more incoming if you believe Bruno wasn't just spouting BS pre Fulham. With the way things are currently panning out I believe he knows this to be true rather than just hoping.
I think there's a chance we have a couple Grasshopper level signings to add depth in central midfield and full back, but I'm just not expecting any significant outlay other than for a striker. That being said, a 4th choice full back and 5th choice central midfielder probably wouldn't cost much, and potentially could be covered by a Traore sale.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you said to me in July we will get Nunes and Guedes id be delighted, wish it was before fulham but at least they are here

Anything here on in for me is a bonus, get a big time striker like ramos on a loan with obligation to push the funds into next year well then its more than moist time

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I think there's a chance we have a couple Grasshopper level signings to add depth in central midfield and full back, but I'm just not expecting any significant outlay other than for a striker. That being said, a 4th choice full back and 5th choice central midfielder probably wouldn't cost much, and potentially could be covered by a Traore sale.
I'm not sure Bruno would include Grasshopper level signings in the 3-4 he mentioned pre Fulham. I think he was talking first team squad signings

Back
Top Bottom