Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The F****** Verdict: Scousers

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very hard watch. I really can't stand the 'park the bus' approach at all. I know Liverpool are a sansational team, but I rather we at least give it a go and lose by 3 or 4. It's not like we are in a relegation scrap.

What happened to the attacking football from the first three games of the season? I know we lost them all, but I am sure we could keep playing like that without getting into real trouble. We were good to watch. Entertaining. We now look like we did under the last Nuno season.

And yeah I know, we would probably lose by way more if we played non-destructive football, but so what?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's tempting to say our ball retention was poor, but the pressure they put on us was unbelievable, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team so quick in closing down when they lost possession.
It’s kinda what they’re famed for. They are the best pressing team in the country by a considerable distance, have been for a long time.
Lest we forget Klopp’s first 1.5 seasons of underachievement and constant muscle injuries, developing that style of play and the physical demands involved.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Don’t think anyone was asking or expecting us to go toe to toe with Liverpool.

What we were expecting was to attempt to retain possession where possible and heaven forbid have a shot on goal.

I don’t get this attitude of treating Liverpool like they are from another planet. This is a team that took on City (a better team in my eyes) and did the double over them, embarrassed Spurs in their new stadium, beat Utd in a Cup quarter final. We are a team full of quality players.

That was the least shots Liverpool have faced this season. And they will have played far worse teams than us so far.

Regardless of the opposition, something is going badly wrong up front. We don’t look like scoring at the moment.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked in Liverpool for a year or so. Got to say thst I found them very hospitable with a great sense of humour. Lovely city and superb nightlight. Maybe I chose a bad year,

Yeah, it is a great city, had a lot of fun times up there and made good friends.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, can’t believe the south bank knuckle draggers who booed Jota.

Classless pricks.

Same lot who sing songs about signing on, etc. Not sure they realise where they’re from tbh! Liverpool is a world ahead.

On the game, sickener for it to happen so late, but best team won. Trincao for Adama is a pointless sub, immediately makes us worse. If RAN is injured fair enough, but if agent Hoever is replacing him, he needs strict instructions for the few mins he’s on to just sit in and block anything that comes Salah’s way, not go walkies then be half *****.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a few saying this was a good performance, restricting the scouse to 1 goal, scored in the 93rd minute (because of our time wasting and Hoever having gone awol). However, on the chances they created, it should have been at least 3-0, if you count the two misses from Jota (b:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:s b:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:s b:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:s b:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:s to him). Consider their other half chances and it could quite easily have been a thrashing! We got out of jail today with a 1-0 loss. Only the defenders, especially RAN who was incredible, and Adama, come out of this game with any credit at all. Possibly Neves too for being left all on his lonesome in midfield. The rest, pants, smelly ones at that.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you explain to me why Jota was booed please? I can’t recall any tantrums, mis-demeanours or even a hint of disrespect to Wolves. Maybe I’ve missed something?
No, can't be *****. Sorry. But here are some boos for you. Boo. boo, boo. b:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:s

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know if this had been mentioned before, but when jota left the field the applause from wolves fans far outweighed the stoopid boos from those who have forgotten what Jota did for us either because they are stoopid or can't remember.
And I think it was right he was sold
But I applauded him off. And said stop bloody booing!

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Your handle is well chosen.
Touché... Only Norwich have scored fewer goals than us... We haven't even bothered ourselves with seriously trying to score today... If you're happy with that approach that's fine by me, but it ain't for me.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have watched a different game to the ranters on here. We played a side that average 3+ goals per game. They are stronger in every position than us. So, guess ****ing what, we have to defend. And we did. Really well. When we could attack we lack coordination but that was a much better performance than norwich or even villa. People just expect us to roll liverpool over. Got some news for the ranters - we will probably lose next week too

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have watched a different game to the ranters on here. We played a side that average 3+ goals per game. They are stronger in every position than us. So, guess ****ing what, we have to defend. And we did. Really well. When we could attack we lack coordination but that was a much better performance than norwich or even villa. People just expect us to roll liverpool over. Got some news for the ranters - we will probably lose next week too
We got lucky they didn't score at least 3 today.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool are light years ahead of us and that's not a knock on us they wasn't 'There to be had' they were very good today just see them in person they are tremendous side to watch.

I don't think we were negative just pinned back by a superior team although I feel we should of exploited them on the counter.
That's how it looked to me, too. In previous matches we've played within ourselves, but today it looked like the intent to get out was there. We just kept wasting it. Whether it's the individuals themselves, or the chemistry between them, that front 3 doesn't seem to work together, no cohesion or understanding between them (and partly the wing backs, too, TBF)

Ait Nouri was superb had Salah in his back pocket all game, Traore frustrated me and many around me all game he just didn't seem interested or possibly could not compute what Bruno was instructing him to do.
Interesting, as I've now read several people who were at the match be critical of Traore, saying that he was standing around disinterested for the majority of the match when the ball was nowhere near him. Of course, those watching on TV/Streams would see him mostly when he had the ball, so have a better opinion as he was turning it on for the cameras/prospective purchasers. :)

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anything in football worse than losing with pretty much the last kick of the game? don't care who it's against, argh. I just hope this doesn't kill our confidence for what will be other similar games against Man City and Chelsea.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At long last, someone with a brain cell. Thank you.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea, pick up on auto correct. That will make you look awesome online, top marks you legend.

I didn’t want him to score but would have been “we deserved that” had he did what I said.
Mate, lose your **** all you like but you wouldn’t mind someone scoring against us???
Says all I need to know about you. :D

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's genuinely not true. You are a WUM sir
Did you mean it's not true as in it should've been 4/5 nil? If so, fair enough.

Jota missed the sitter of all sitters. Salah open goal first half. Scored with Origi. Mane missed a great chance after Dendoncker clearance. Jota header first half.

Yep, you're right, 4 or 5-0 would've been a fair reflection of the game!!

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
We did alright till the **** up at the end.

Some fans must think jota was playing in a wolves shirt.

Scared is only how I can describe some of our players. Stood of van dijk like he was some sort of footballing god.

Ait nouri ran himself into the ground and was MOTM by a country mile. Hoever can **** off.

**** them lot. ****

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not asking for you to be sorry. Just why boo Jota?
Come on @Incognito ... why?

I first went to Molineux in the 1970’s in the old North Bank but spent most of the next 2 decades in the South Bank. And totally loved it.

I can understand booing for a player that disrespected Wolves in some way. I may be wrong ... but I don’t thinkDiogo did?

The modern day South Bank went way, way down in my estimation today. Shame on them.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked in Liverpool for a year or so. Got to say thst I found them very hospitable with a great sense of humour. Lovely city and superb nightlight. Maybe I chose a bad year,

Years ago, I was being sent all over the country on different projects. In every other town or city, it was just a frosty reception: "you're the contractor who will be gone in 3 months, can't even be bothered to learn your name". Like being a non-person. Only Liverpool was the exception. Went out of their way to invite me to their booze ups, took me out to lunch and so on. So yes, in my experience Liverpudlians are just about the friendliest people in England. And no, they didn't get me drunk just to steal my wallet :D

Though I can't say I liked the city, it was a bit run down to say the least! Must have been the late 90's as we were away to Bolton one night and I went along to that. From memory, it was near season end, and as usual, we needed a win to keep our slender play-off hopes alive (like every season in the 90s). Ludo Pollet scored early on for us, but Bolton scored 2 late on to win it. Reason to hate Bolton number 74.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think anyone was asking or expecting us to go toe to toe with Liverpool.

What we were expecting was to attempt to retain possession where possible and heaven forbid have a shot on goal.

I don’t get this attitude of treating Liverpool like they are from another planet. This is a team that took on City (a better team in my eyes) and did the double over them, embarrassed Spurs in their new stadium, beat Utd in a Cup quarter final. We are a team full of quality players.

That was the least shots Liverpool have faced this season. And they will have played far worse teams than us so far.

Regardless of the opposition, something is going badly wrong up front. We don’t look like scoring at the moment.
It was the least shots they've faced since March 2019.

Take a moment to think of some of the teams they've faced in that time.

As a hint, one of those teams was Huddersfield Town.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, I hope we at least try to at least attack, to hell, have a shot.

There's defending and there is what we witnessed today which was the absolute anesthesia of anti football.

Id expect the defensive pats on the back if this was a league one side playing Liverpool not the team sitting 8th in the top flight!

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today was a valiant effort from the boys however AGAIN I point blame at the board for the lack of options in the squad and the penny pinching ****e which we will most likely see again in January. For any faith to be restored there would want to be at least 2 signing ready to be announced on January first for any credibility to be restored this bull**** of last minute deals can **** right off!!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed, great place

With a large dose of *********. More than most places in my experience, but there we go

They need a day off, far too intense and constantly indignant - it’s tiring

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Touché... Only Norwich have scored fewer goals than us... We haven't even bothered ourselves with seriously trying to score today... If you're happy with that approach that's fine by me, but it ain't for me.

Against Liverpool, given how they are currently playing, and with the players we have available, I’m fine.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought you were talking about Adama against Burnley for a second :tearsofjoy:

Hoever messed that up big time, it was a basic pass and he got it badly wrong.
Can’t argue with that to be fair.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Nope, I hope we at least try to at least attack, to hell, have a shot.

There's defending and there is what we witnessed today which was the absolute anesthesia of anti football.

Id expect the defensive pats on the back if this was a league one side playing Liverpool not the team sitting 8th in the top flight!

Bang on.

Nobody on this planet expected us to 'roll' Liverpool. Just trust in our ability and have a go. Not approach it like we've won a raffle to share the same pitch as them.

Since being promoted we've always offered a threat against the top teams. Not today though.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the least shots they've faced since March 2019.

Take a moment to think of some of the teams they've faced in that time.

As a hint, one of those teams was Huddersfield Town.

Hmmm.... and only last week, it was similar at Norwich. The least shots they'd faced this century in the Premier League or something, in over 200 matches. Pattern emerging... So in week, we've beaten that record for 2 teams - one at bottom of the table so the "it was invincible Liverpool and nobody ever gets a shot against them" doesn't ring true.

We had plenty of matches last season where we hardly had a shot. But I think it does look a bit different to now. Last season, with injuries and a bad run of form, we had a siege mentality for much of it and really did set out to stifle opponents. This season, today being prime example, it looks like we want to get forward, but it just doesn't work out. The cohesion between the middle 4 and the front 3 of the 3-4-3 just isn't there. Whether it's the individuals or the tactics, don't know, but something isn't working.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny that there are a lot excusing our dreadful attacking tactics. I seem to remember Brentford actually bothering to take the game to Liverpool at home earlier this season. Thats how to go at a a team. I'm sorry but the tactics by Bruno are largely predictable and boring at present. Our head coach has gone well into his shell. I could have accepted this more today but our crap performances against Burnley and Norwich and the Crystal Palace away game, Leeds away are annoying me. Largely we look a side that is devoid of attacking flair or ideas and no pass and move then lose the ball constantly. I do not enjoy watching us play one bit at present apart from fleeting moments.

After last seasons dross it is becoming increasingly frustrating to see us yet again becoming a very boring side with hardly any goalscoring threat. The first 3 games of this season I thought this would change even though we lost the three games. Largely since then we look a very unconvincing side despite some good results. I feel quite deflated tonight to be honest. Man City next weekend and our head coach will no doubt set us up so we have virtually no shots. Palace went there a few weeks back and won and took them on. We wont next weekend.

Just totally bored with us at the moment and cant see where the progression is. Yes our league position looks decent but does anyone honestly think we will be in this area of the league playing this standard of non football much longer? I really dont.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted MOTD would be all about Liverpool, and yep, it was literally all about Liverpool. Just a half sentence at the end about our not attacking, and then onto the next match. What a ****ing joke.

**** off BBC. **** off Liverpool. Scouse mafia.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm.... and only last week, it was similar at Norwich. The least shots they'd faced this century in the Premier League or something, in over 200 matches. Pattern emerging... So in week, we've beaten that record for 2 teams - one at bottom of the table so the "it was invincible Liverpool and nobody ever gets a shot against them" doesn't ring true.

We had plenty of matches last season where we hardly had a shot. But I think it does look a bit different to now. Last season, with injuries and a bad run of form, we had a siege mentality for much of it and really did set out to stifle opponents. This season, today being prime example, it looks like we want to get forward, but it just doesn't work out. The cohesion between the middle 4 and the front 3 of the 3-4-3 just isn't there. Whether it's the individuals or the tactics, don't know, but something isn't working.
Yeah, it just seems to be when we get into the half way mark the players don't know what to do. The hardest part in my experience is switching from defense to attack as a mentality, and Wolves are stuck in that rut.

Back
Top Bottom