Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The F****** Verdict: Scousers

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap in-game management once again in taking off our only out ball and a bizarre bit of play from Hoever who I think we can safely add to Shi's long list of mediocre signings.

Defended well on the whole against a top side but 12 goals in 15 games speaks for itself, we're really no better with the ball this season than we were the last. It's still Adama or nothing most of the time. P. S - has anybody seen Hwang recently? He's been MIA for a month now, nice chant though.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kinda knew that was going to happen. Didn't see it coming quite so late but there you go. Thought we did ok but there really was only 1 side in it. Class will always win out; they have 11 class players, we have maybe 2 or 3. We need to close those numbers starting in January.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Can’t be too critical of that. A Herculean defensive effort against probably the best club side in the world.

All of the back five (and Sa) superb and just really unfortunate that we didn’t have Marcal on the bench to see out the game when the outstanding RAN went off.

Yes, we need to be more clinical and precise going forward but it’s pretty tough against players of the calibre of Van Dijk, Matip and Robertson. But that’s why the likes of Salah, Mane and Jota are worth what they’re worth (and even Diogo misses absolute sitters).

Sa 8
Kilman 8
Coady 8
Saiss 8
Semedo 8
Neves 7
Dendoncker 6
Ait-Nouri 8
Adama 6
Raul 6
Hwang 6

Proud of the performance but a ****ing painful way to lose (again).

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raùl very culpable for the goal. We got what we deserved tbh.

Anti football today. It was an awful spectacle. They were largely nullified by resolute defending.

Our defence deserved the D, we deserved nothing.

Raul?? How about Hoever!! Leaving his post and going off on a ****ing jolly up the pitch.

You don’t leave the current best player in the world (Salah) on his own when you’ve been brought on to see the game out. Absolutely idiotic.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserved to lose 2/3-0 on the balance of play.

Goal felt inevitable. Can have zero complaints, the best team won just a kick in the balls to lose like that.

Hoever is not good enough and was disgraceful in three minutes.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That comparison isn't so ridiculous to be honest, we're largely turgid on the ball.
We play the same today as we didn't against Norwich, as we did against Palace. We can turn it on when the opponents let us (Everton, Villa last 10 mins) but overall its so much hit and hope.

Those first 3 games promised so much, yet, we've just reverted to type, boring.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but Hoever that was really poor! First to lose the ball just before, play the pass and that goal doesn't happen.... Then to give Salah all that time with some terrible positioning!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not disappointed. You have to have expectations to be disappointed.

I was expecting them to score as soon as RAN couldn't play on. I'm only surprised he lasted so long. And I know we don't have a player who can score today, cause we sold the best striker we had last summer.

So, no surprise. Pity, our other players played well and the defence, as well as RAN, were magnificent.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just to think some people have proposed dropping Semedo for Hoever for months!

I won't criticise Hoever, the run up field fair enough failing to release it was poor and after getting back far too casual, but he's a kid and he will learn to add intensity to his game.

Overall got what we deserved.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Also, can’t believe the south bank knuckle draggers who booed Jota.

Classless pricks.
Nah **** him, was only here 3 yrs. If you aint with us, youre against us. We are better when were aggressive and the crowd are on the opposition. Im sure he'll get over it. Cant complain about atmosphere and then clap opposition players.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really shouldn’t post in the immediate aftermath but **** it. I’ll be honest and say our play didn’t really warrant a point we were very deep but I’ll overlook it as against a free scoring Liverpool it’s an acceptable game plan. Semedo? I’ve seen enough of him now to say he isn’t good enough I don’t give a **** what his fans say I can see it with my own eyes. RAN was superb and I haven’t been his biggest fan but he was very good today. Subs? Why the **** take Traore off? Liverpool we’re mindful of him as he was our outlet does Lage really think Liverpool were afraid of Trincao? Trincao is a waste of a shirt in my opinion. My bile is reserved for Hoever and Lage though. Fair enough RAN has to come off so Semedo already warm and in the game (to a point) should go to the left and Hoever put in his natural position. I’m not letting Hiever off the hook though cos he’s got the ball down the wing and instead of laying off a simple pass ****ing loses the ball which results in him being out of position. By the time he’s got near Salah it’s too late. ****ing gutting but saying heroic defending is just papering over the cracks. Small defensive minded squad and some seemingly worrying errors from Lage have ****ed my weekend up.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Spiers can’t understand the negativity afterwards. I disagree and echo the comments here.

We set up like the McCarthy side and played like they did. The lower league team in a cup tie is fair.

Mick did that because the players were rubbish. That team today should’ve done more in an attacking sense today, without question.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played for 0-0, so got what any team who approach a game of football like that, **** all and rightly so! Yes great defending, lucky at times. However, is that what we are now? Anti football Wolverhampton Wanderers? I dont like it, Liverpool or not! As for Hoever, he can **** off! Hwang and Raul, non entities. RAN outstanding!

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we’re all disappointed at that late goal but Liverpool came so close on other occasions too.
Well, Liverpool will heave a huge sigh of relief on the coach …….they had to work hard for this victory.
They won’t forget this game soon.
However, Liverpool are soo good. Out of 20 games, they’d probably beat us comfortably about 18 times with a couple draws.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Spiers can’t understand the negativity afterwards. I disagree and echo the comments here.

We set up like the McCarthy side and played like they did. The lower league team in a cup tie is fair.

Mick did that because the players were rubbish. That team today should’ve done more in an attacking sense today, without question.
We are a ****ing boring side.

I respect effort, I respect going out of your shield (perhaps a travellers background mentality), we just gave up from the off and just gave them the match, same as we do away from home.

It is ****e.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When RAN got cramp, should have brought on a midfield player, but dendonker in the middle, and pushed saiss out left to mark Salah.
Where the hell was hoover going? On a lap of honour?
Hurry back Jony.
Well played wolves, sometimes you have to admit you are Gona be under the cosh , and defend..RAN and kilman mom

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool on an off day.
There for the beating.
But we didn't even manage a shot on target did we?
I wonder if we'll ever score again ....

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nearly got a point against a top top Liverpool side. Never expected anything from this game.

Thought our defense were outstanding.

We need goalscorers. Defense is the least of our worries at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom