Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The F****** Verdict: Scousers

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted MOTD would be all about Liverpool, and yep, it was literally all about Liverpool. Just a half sentence at the end about our not attacking, and then onto the next match. What a ****ing joke.

**** off BBC. **** off Liverpool. Scouse mafia.
What the **** do you want they to say?

Well, the Gold Stoke really parked the bus great for 93 minutes, sorry we can't show a highlight of their attacks, they didn't have any.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I thought we at least tried to have a go in the first half. But our inability to keep the ball in the second half meant we ended up sitting deeper and deeper as the game went on.

Easy to say with hindsight but we needed to be a bit braver in possession rather than hitting the channels which we seemed to do with increasing frequency in the last 20 minutes, surrendering the ball straight back to them.

I didn’t think the approach today was anywhere near as negative as say the Chelsea and Man City away games last year (the first of which we would have similarly lost in the last minute if it wasn’t for William Jose heading one off the line). Those games seemed far more defensive in their approach than this one.

No doubt the lack of goals is becoming a big issue though. Do we throw away our defensive solidity and go four at the back to get an extra attacking player in the side? Or do we stick with the current formation in the belief that it’ll come good (particularly when Podence and Neto are available)?

Tough call…

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted MOTD would be all about Liverpool, and yep, it was literally all about Liverpool. Just a half sentence at the end about our not attacking, and then onto the next match. What a ****ing joke.

They have a point though mate. We did **** all in an attacking sense. So called poorer sides than us have taken the game to Liverpool more this season. See Brentford as an example. We defended very well today but our attack has vanished and looks awful. One goal in five games is absolutely dreadful and just not good enough.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Honestly much as I like many of your contributions, your obsession with MOTD is silly. We were on second in a game with 1 goal and few highlights because we were playing one of the three exceptional teams in the title race. We frustrated them, they found a way in the end because we made a mistake and got punished. Ihonestly have no idea what else you want them to say, way less critical than most of our fans on here.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly much as I like many of your contributions, your obsession with MOTD is silly. We were on second in a game with 1 goal and few highlights because we were playing one of the three exceptional teams in the title race. We frustrated them, they found a way in the end because we made a mistake and got punished. Ihonestly have no idea what else you want them to say, way less critical than most of our fans on here.

Hmm. I might like them to comment about how we held Liverpool at bay for 93 mins unlike every other team in this league. But no, let’s just spend 5 mins talking about Origi, then a minute on Jota’s miss, then as an after thought, our lack of attacking intent. It’s not an obsession about MOTD at all. They often make positive comments about Wolves. Yes we’re often late in the order, but the coverage is decent normally. MOTD2 the other week with Coady was excellent. Tonight was a joke, and that’s my complaint.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have a point though mate. We did **** all in an attacking sense. So called poorer sides than us have taken the game to Liverpool more this season. See Brentford as an example. We defended very well today but our attack has vanished and looks awful. One goal in five games is absolutely dreadful and just not good enough.

MOTD was clearly singing from your hymn sheet tonight. See my prior post for an explanation of my annoyance.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD was clearly singing from your hymn sheet tonight. See my prior post for an explanation of my annoyance.

I agree with them mate. I'm not going to lie. We battled well today but we offer zilch as an attacking team and it shows with our awful goals for record so far this season.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked in Liverpool for a year or so. Got to say thst I found them very hospitable with a great sense of humour. Lovely city and superb nightlight. Maybe I chose a bad year,
Your right about their sense of humour although not to everyone's taste. By the way do you ever go back to visit your tyres?:D

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hmm. I might like them to comment about how we held Liverpool at bay for 93 mins unlike every other team in this league. But no, let’s just spend 5 mins talking about Origi, then a minute on Jota’s miss, then as an after thought, our lack of attacking intent. It’s not an obsession about MOTD at all. They often make positive comments about Wolves. Yes we’re often late in the order, but the coverage is decent normally. MOTD2 the other week with Coady was excellent. Tonight was a joke, and that’s my complaint.
Ok mate, if we'd lasted 2 more minutes maybe we'd have had a 5 minute eulogy on our brilliant bus parking, but we didn't, so there you go, ultimately futile.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did what?

Congratulations to the team who parked the bus, what a great tactic it was to have a fair chunk of luck, little attacking clue but a really gutsy performance but ultimately was anti football?

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes partly - Renato Sanches in there today and we would have drawn but another striker also sorely needed. If Jimenez gets crocked we have had it. Extraordinary this still has not been dealt with. The Silva error is costing us dearly. Is Shi's ego part of the problem as he identified himself so much wih this 'generational talent' and won't want to see him falling further down the pecking order.
I've mentioned this many times on this forum; if we never sign players with good goalscoring records, it's no surprise they don't score goals. Raul was the exception in this slightly as he didn't have a great record before signing with us, but during his time with us he's scored a lot. Unfortunately he doesn't seem as prolific since the injury. We need a proper striker who we know scores. A great shout in my opinion would have been Callum Wilson, but injuries and the fact he's at the richest club in the world make it unworkable.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've mentioned this many times on this forum; if we never sign players with good goalscoring records, it's no surprise they don't score goals. Raul was the exception in this slightly as he didn't have a great record before signing with us, but during his time with us he's scored a lot. Unfortunately he doesn't seem as prolific since the injury. We need a proper striker who we know scores. A great shout in my opinion would have been Callum Wilson, but injuries and the fact he's at the richest club in the world make it unworkable.
If Newcastle have genuine plans to make it to the top then I think they'll be aiming far higher than Callum Wilson.

Callum Wilson is not an elite striker, if they stay up I think he may be out the door in the summer.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were decent enough today. There are some glaring problems, but we weren't taken apart by any means, and we held rigid against an excellent team. Ait-Nouri was mostly superb - though his habit of checking back instead of pushing forward makes you grit your teeth sometimes - and the back line was strong until the final few minutes. Bigger clubs will be quietly watching Kilman, and Coady denied Jota with his Devon Loch, so that was a bonus.

I can't even be annoyed at Hoever, it was an incredible touch from a truly world class forward that done him - his main error was not passing to Raul on the touchline twenty seconds earlier, and he'll no doubt get that forcibly drummed into him over the course of this week. Donk was okay, did his job. Traore looked more interested than he has for a while.

The big problem is the complete lack of creativity and understanding up top. We don't score, we rarely look like scoring. Raul - and Traore - were caught offside shamefully often for experienced players, and it's not because they lack 'a footballing brain' it's because their anticipation was woefully off. Hwang was terrible, again, and I think it's because he doesn't know whether to stick or twist out on the left. No cohesion in that final third whatsoever, and the only chance we have of fixing it is a bit of money and luck in January, and hoping Neto's recovery goes well.

I really wish we'd try Raul and Hwang as a two and then play Podence or Traore (or MGW one day) behind them, because even though we don't play that way you can't help but think those players might all be better suited to that tweak in formation.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa, Coady, Kilman, Ait-Nouri was fantastic

We was always asking for trouble defending for 96 mins. Teams like Liverpool always find a way.

The issue for me is the lack of goals. I can’t fault the performance we contained them for 94 mins

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also would we have had 5 minutes of injury time had we not been time wasting….at home.

Some of stoppages were genuine but others we were definitely time wasting.
I actually commented to the bloke next to me that we were looking so much like Brentford that a glove change for Sa must be coming....

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict:
If Rayan hadn't gone off we would have held out for the 0-0.
Ive criticised his delivery in the last couple of games but thought R.A.N was outstanding today as were the whole defence ( Sa/ Saiss blip apart).
Midfield did what they had to do , holding the fort in front of the defence and were pretty much bypassed anyway with the use of the " hit it to Traore" ( which I thought was a good tactic to be fair).
Jimenez touch was again heavy and some of his decisions/ balls were poor, didnt really get any goalscoring opportunities but did get some good tackles in when he dropped deep.... Hwang was pretty anonymous and also had a poor first touch.
We need someone that can put the ball in the back of the net, again we are reliant on Adama to take on the opposition defence by himself.
We deserved a point.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually commented to the bloke next to me that we were looking so much like Brentford that a glove change for Sa must be coming....

Yep ive said it many times... Brentford obviously left a huge impression on Bruno.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's how it looked to me, too. In previous matches we've played within ourselves, but today it looked like the intent to get out was there. We just kept wasting it. Whether it's the individuals themselves, or the chemistry between them, that front 3 doesn't seem to work together, no cohesion or understanding between them (and partly the wing backs, too, TBF)

Interesting, as I've now read several people who were at the match be critical of Traore, saying that he was standing around disinterested for the majority of the match when the ball was nowhere near him. Of course, those watching on TV/Streams would see him mostly when he had the ball, so have a better opinion as he was turning it on for the cameras/prospective purchasers. :)
That's absolute *******s about Traore, a few times he was up front against 3 when they had possession and he didn't mindlessly run at the lad with the ball. The Adama critics in front of me (not a brain cell between them) kept berating him for that but it looked like a sensible conserving of energy to me. He had a weird game; he was our main out ball, and a few times did the things only he can do, but tbf he also had a couple of saft moments.

On the game generally, we probably deserved a draw by the end but they're one of the best sides in the World. RAN was world class, Sa was brilliantly bonkers, and Neves bad some moments.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given some stick to Coady in the past but today he put in a MOM performance in my opinion. I was disappointed in our forwards in the main and I didn't get taking off Traore for Trincao. If anybody had to come on it was Podence.
No complaints about the result just gutted how close we came to a point.
Can’t be motm when you let your man swivel and shoot when in the box IMO

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the least shots they've faced since March 2019.

Take a moment to think of some of the teams they've faced in that time.

As a hint, one of those teams was Huddersfield Town.
Same as Norwich who last weekend who faced their fewest amount of shots on target ever in the prem.

The persistence with hwang needs to end . Breaks down so many attacks.

Can’t see us even laying a glove on city

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we'd restricted them to a couple of half chances, then to lose it in the 93rd minute would be gutting.

But the truth is that they missed some glorious chances, we had none, and the game should have been out of reach.

Blaming Hoever is just papering over the cracks. At least he ran with the ball into the opponents' final third. Not many of our team did that in the whole 95 minutes.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we'd restricted them to a couple of half chances, then to lose it in the 93rd minute would be gutting.

But the truth is that they missed some glorious chances, we had none, and the game should have been out of reach.

Blaming Hoever is just papering over the cracks. At least he ran with the ball into the opponents' final third. Not many of our team did that in the whole 95 minutes.
Fair point, can't complain too much, Jota missed 2 sitters alone

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re the supposed poor MoTD coverage: but our own media department decided there was next to nothing to show. The '1st half highlights' on the video screen at the game lasted literally 10 seconds-- the one touch attack which ended with a cross from RAN which Allison picked up. There was nothing else, as it was all Liverpool and they don't show highlights of the away team.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear me, and they say scousers are always the victims.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
My morning after verdict!

As I said last night, gutted but proud. Every player gave their all for us yesterday, and we pushed a world class team all the way. If we could have just hung on for another minute or so we’d all be on here saying what a terrific point it was. I know we didn’t offer much going forward but I don’t think it would have done us much good throwing bodies forward all the time against such a good side. You have to kinda pick your battles.

Defensively we were oustanding, all the defence were great. Special mention to Ait Nouri who is developing at a hell of a pace. Making a lot of people eat their words that’s for sure. Anyone who is looking at the table and thinking why have Wolves got such a good defensive record, they need to watch that game.

The lack of creativity is a big worry for me still because even against Liverpool we need to be doing more. I’m not saying all out attack but at least try and give them something to worry about. Towards the end of the game they could push so far forward because we had nothing to counter with.

Overall I’m gutted to lose in that way but if we’re being fair we didn’t really expect anything so we can’t be too critical. It’s not how we do against the Liverpool’s and Chelsea’s that will decide our season. The Norwich game was much more concerning for example. Ah well, onto City!

Emoji Ratings:

:hearteyes:- Sa, Coady, Ait Nouri, Saiss, Kilman, Semedo

:grinning:-

:blush:-Neves, Traore

:expressionless:- Dendoncker

:persevere:- Hwang, Raul

:anguished:-

:weary:-

rubyloo

Reaction score
Outclassed, which to be fair doesn't happen very often these days. Liverpool first touch passing was brilliant - fast & precise which made it look like they had more players.

Barely got out of our own half and they could have easily won 4-0 if the other chances went in.

Max & RAN did really well. Hwang went missing.

Disappointed with Jota's reception - he gave us 2 of the best ever moments at molineux (man u & Leicester) and helped drag us out of the wilderness. I clapped him off.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Despite the fact I'm not from Sussex, I'd be willing to swap handles with you. You've earned it.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proud of the team for that defensive performance overall we showed grit and determination and worked hard. A few things were a little poor in counter attack, mainly the unnecessary off sides, giving the ball away and a disappointing final ball. Trouble is the moments of opportunity against a side like Liverpool are pretty momentary and brief and on a few occasion's our decision making was not quite right.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Newcastle have genuine plans to make it to the top then I think they'll be aiming far higher than Callum Wilson.

Callum Wilson is not an elite striker, if they stay up I think he may be out the door in the summer.
He was just an example of a striker who is a goalscorer that we could have been in a position to sign due to us essentially being a step up. His record for Newcastle is 1 goal every 2 games (which is even more impressive considering how awful Newcastle are). We have no such player.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outclassed, which to be fair doesn't happen very often these days. Liverpool first touch passing was brilliant - fast & precise which made it look like they had more players.

Barely got out of our own half and they could have easily won 4-0 if the other chances went in.

Max & RAN did really well. Hwang went missing.

Disappointed with Jota's reception - he gave us 2 of the best ever moments at molineux (man u & Leicester) and helped drag us out of the wilderness. I clapped him off.
Don't forget 2 consecutive hattricks in the Europa League. I have to say I was puzzled when he got booed and certainly didn't expect it.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure if you went to the game or watched those crap highlights on MOTD, but we did have chances e.g. Saiss sent the ball over the bar from the Neves free kick - which he should have scored. Hwang also had a great chance to shoot but tried to take on everyone instead.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is we have a midfielder who doesn’t want the ball. Look at that ridiculous shot from 35 yards out! Has he ever got an assist for Wolves? It’s ****ing abysmal to watch a player actually get to this level who doesn’t want possession. We need a Sanches type midfielder ASAP. Not the whole reason we lost, but god it would help if Neves wasn’t our only hope

Also the ref bottled booking Fabinho in the first half for deliberately pulling down Adama. So as he wasn’t on a yellow he could stop that break in the second half and get a first yellow. I clearly remember Neves getting booked for a similar foul to Fabinho’s first one. Small incidents no one thinks about that change games

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of those games where we’re gutted with a loss and Liverpool would have been disappointed with a draw. Sadly, like at Leeds, RAN going off was the reason for the goal. Need Marcel back as cover (other than for playing rugby at corners). Jonny of course would be perfect.

Perfect game for RAN where heading was not required. Showed his talent off.

Was Nuno-esque and expecting more of the same at City and against Chelsea.

Problem is if we concede earlier than the 94th minute I don’t see a plan B or us looking like scoring. Not certain what the answer is?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you want MOTD to completely ignore what happened in the game and talk about how we nearly didn’t concede?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you want MOTD to completely ignore what happened in the game and talk about how we nearly didn’t concede?
He basically wants us to be patronised. Can’t believe someone’s annoyed because we didn’t get a ruffle of the hair and a “well done Wolves for nearly not conceding”.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone criticising after that colossal defensive display needs their brains recharging and a trip to Specsavers in my view - we were a whisker away from being the first team in god knows how long to stop them scoring. We played with a steel determination and intensity, a clear & effective game plan, and so very nearly saw it out.

exactly....

A few comments on my whatsapp group from Wolverhampton lads.Born and bred.

Gutted,,,but limiting Liverpool to one goal is no mean feat.

lads did well today,need a couple of new players.Kilman getting better and better.

pity we couldn't of held on,we deserved a draw.

felt sick wen that goal went in,played well.We gew agen.bring on man city.

Felt for the players,we defended really well.

Hope Coady is fit for next week.Sa have him some love wen he stopped that shot for us.

Gutted ay the word,but considering everyone in the pub was saying we will lose 3-4-5-0.we day do too bad.

And here's me thinking Wolverhampton lads are moaners.FFS.

Back
Top Bottom