Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Credit Derby Thread

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy to point fingers quite rightly at our own teams performance but thought Derby were fantastic, best performance of the season that i've seen.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were good but we made them look like Madrid. A side that were beaten by Brentford last week and have been conceding plenty of goals.

W

wolvo_boi

We performed worse than they did good.

They looked class because we made and let them.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When a team plays as poorly as Wolves did today, most opposition will look fantastic. That said, the way they moved the ball about was excellent, and they took their chances very well.

W

Wulfhere

We were outplayed in every department by a far better team Derby are a very good side at this level and will probably win promotion. They are the best championship teanm I have seen this season. We were lucky it was only five. Good luck to Derby..

D

Deleted member 4309

They were good but I still don't want to see them go up. I hate derby

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hahaha. A thread avoiding the obvious! Well done guys, we are very ordinary and have been battered not only because they were a better team but also that our manager fielded a terrible team of players he's mostly brought and he had no change of plan to deal with what was happening. Team have been poor for a few weeks and ken the same

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
They lost to Brentford last week, a team that we were considerably better than last season- but seem on the rise and will be above us in the table soon. Brentford strengthened whilst we have not. Derby aren't the $$$$ing bees knees.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good side who were 'up for it' today & performed to their maximum

R

reanswolf

they do deserve promotion after been fluked in the play off final by QPR.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby finished 3rd last year with the highest goals scored, 84, including 6 occasions where they scored 4 or more. Tells it own story doesn't it..

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were up for it from the minute the ko whistle. We caught them on the wrong day. We were poor though, very poor. Fair play to Derby.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hahaha. A thread avoiding the obvious! Well done guys, we are very ordinary and have been battered not only because they were a better team but also that our manager fielded a terrible team of players he's mostly brought and he had no change of plan to deal with what was happening. Team have been poor for a few weeks and ken the same

Totally agree.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good side,made to look world beaters by us.

They really should go up this year.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did not lose because of our performance today because this has been coming for a long time. Yes we started the season well, as we did the year we were relegated both times, but failed to recognise what was going wrong. Today our luck ran out.
The problem with thinking this display was all about Derby is that again it will mask our problems. Something is still wrong with this club and it goes far beyoned Kenny but kenny is still culpable.
The body language of our players said ti all right from the start. This is a team without shape or focus. Derby grew in stature because they cottoned on to how bad we were. In the end we were beaten in every department of the game. I just hope it is a wake up call.
This is the test for KJ and the first thing he needs to do is to accept responsibility for the poor performances of late and address them. His strength last season was our team knew what they needed to do whereas of late they have not had a clue.
Kenny in the last number of matches has lost it and the team have reflected that.
These players are capable of better performances than of late.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We did not lose because of our performance today because this has been coming for a long time. Yes we started the season well, as we did the year we were relegated both times, but failed to recognise what was going wrong. Today our luck ran out.
The problem with thinking this display was all about Derby is that again it will mask our problems. Something is still wrong with this club and it goes far beyoned Kenny but kenny is still culpable.
The body language of our players said ti all right from the start. This is a team without shape or focus. Derby grew in stature because they cottoned on to how bad we were. In the end we were beaten in every department of the game. I just hope it is a wake up call.
This is the test for KJ and the first thing he needs to do is to accept responsibility for the poor performances of late and address them. His strength last season was our team knew what they needed to do whereas of late they have not had a clue.
Kenny in the last number of matches has lost it and the team have reflected that.
These players are capable of better performances than of late.

Good post and correct.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Still cannot decide if Derby were that outstandingly good or we were so outstandingly bad..think it is somewhere in between...

D

Deleted member 4309

Still cannot decide if Derby were that outstandingly good or we were so outstandingly bad..think it is somewhere in between...

We made them look good our defence was all over the shop and they had no help from our midfield.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They lost to Brentford last week, a team that we were considerably better than last season- but seem on the rise and will be above us in the table soon. Brentford strengthened whilst we have not. Derby aren't the $$$$ing bees knees.
Actually they were the 'bees knees'. Typical response from a Wolves fan who has not yet come to terms that we will not walk this league.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They had movement!!!!!
We stood and watched them!

Enough said.... Football is a basic and simple game , made hard by not doing the basics.
One of there goals showed this, 4 player's touched the ball, maximum of two touches and Goal Derby County... We stood and watched them.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Always hard to tell how much the difference between two teams is the quality of one and the weakness of the other. I'd say they are comfortably the best team I've seen this season and we put in one of our worst performances. Hence the 5 goal margin! If they don't go up I'll be amazed.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually they were the 'bees knees'. Typical response from a Wolves fan who has not yet come to terms that we will not walk this league.

It's about ambition, forward thinking and being able to spot an opportunity.

We've had a miracle start to the season and simply sat back, patted ourselves on the back and sparked up a Monte Cristo No1 instead of recognising the situation for what it was.....

Brave decisions at critical times. Morgan doesn't do them.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good side that has been assembled and developed over a number of seasons.

They played some great football but we didn't have the players to press them in their half, which we usually do in Dicko and Edwards, and that's how you stop teams that play like that (it's what they did to us).

I'd really like to see us line up like they did as a 433 with the wingers really pushed up rather than we do with the one off the striker, especially with Edwards out and all our other options for that position not taking their opportunity.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were my pre-season pick to win the league and they could still yet fulfill that. Promotion looks like a serious objective for their club, unlike ours.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score

If you read some of my posts, you will know that is not the case at all. I said that Wolves will do well to finish mid-table this season, and we are. I would be pleased with that. Sinep.

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Derby didn't have to do anything because we gave the ball away over and over. Good passing football is all very well if you have the players to do it. We just faff about in defence and then give it away. We need front players that we can give it to who will hold it up and create something.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Todays shambles almost reminded me of the utter dross we put up with under Solbakken, tippy tappy football with no movement, pace or penetration. It really was that bad!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a ram.

Well to be really honest mate, Wolves didn't get a chance. Derby played out of their skins, I really haven't seen them play so well in many years. They were more convincing than the Forest 5-0 last season. The conditions were poor too which suited us a treat on home turf. Our second goal was poor from Wolves perspective, but the others were just super fast one touch passing moves. Derby were really on it today. Wolves will bounce back I'm sure. Today was over at half time really. You played us at the wrong time from Wolves' perspective.

D

Deleted member 3545

shows you where wolves are lacking mid championship team which many of us expected.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby were superb and I'd guess this will probably be their best performance of the season. Pressed us high up the pitch and made it difficult for us to get out of our own half. In possession their movement was good, their passing accurate and their finishing clinical. Pretty much all of our players looked second rate by comparison. The standard Derby set today is what we have to aspire to.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm now in agreement with some of you. We werent rubbish at all and kenny is the right Man to lead us to the prem. Derby are the best team in the league and we are the second best..... $$$$ me

M

MK Panther

I do not think Derby were that brilliant, they played well but nothing extraordinary. Our defence was slow and ponderous, there seems to be no player on the pitch willing to try to take a hold of the game.

In fact Sako coming inside made things worse. We have players who quite clearly are struggling with the pace of the game and others who should not even be in the squad. We never looked like scoring and I guess if we were playing for another 5 hours it would have made no difference. Derby a good side but would struggle if promoted. I do not blame the players if they get picked they play. Not to play Stearman was a massive mistake and even the enigmatic Edwards would have plugged some gaps. Match was lost after the first minute.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Showed us how play football that's for sure. Fantastic display but playing a rubbish team made them look twice as good.

D

Dc wolves

Long way off on going up,think staying up is priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Essex Wolf

They were good but we made them look like Madrid. A side that were beaten by Brentford last week and have been conceding plenty of goals.

This.

Derby done a good job on us and thoroughly deserved the win but Wolves made it very easy.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Derby were superb and made us look $$$$ poor....we were chasing shadows. This is what the 'Wolves way' needs to be like for us.

They showed great awareness and movement and had that intuitive element that made their game fluid and gave it a flow. We just fail to get going from our defence with Big Mac playing deep and instigating nothing - we haven't the transition through the centre like they have.

Todays shambles almost reminded me of the utter dross we put up with under Solbakken, tippy tappy football with no movement, pace or penetration. It really was that bad!

An interesting observation that has come up several times of late. With the 'evil one' well far away, what gives?.....no limited old guard and no clueless foreigners either.

It will always be half-baked up until such time the right cogs are purchased......if nearly 18 months can't cut it, what chance 6? :)

Back
Top Bottom