Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The appointment of a manager. It’s the biggest indicator of our plans.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get Emery in and as part of backroom get Stowell from leicester & Rob Edwards who is currently out of work. Promote collins aswell in some 1st team capacity..And whilst we are at it get Kevin Philips in to work with the forwards......nurse
I wouldnt be surprised if Rob Edwards ended up back here in some capacity. I think Fosun liked him...

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some bad vibes coming out about Lage's man management and relationship with players.
We lost Ruddy , Saiss and Coady , a well as lots of matches, dull football and not many goals . How did he stay on so long ! He seems to have destroyed a lot that was good , why give him that option when he was clearly so bad on the training and man management.
Our football infrastructure seems hollow .
We need a proper manager with a strong character not a subservient coach under Sellars and Shi.
Or we are heading down the toilet. That is for sure.

Last edited:

Nivada

Reaction score
Svensson's the one I want. Can't quite put my finger on why.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one thing on this, we need permission to speak to loeptugi and amorim, from sevilla and sporting respectively.

If they are targets it will be quickly in the media that we have been given permission.

I do see AVB and thwn Martins leading the way, being free agents
Poch and Tuchel are also free agents too.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get this right. Seems daft to spend a fortune on talent on the field and not invest equally on a manager. Reminds me of a quote by Genghis Khan, " An army of donkeys led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a donkey". A quality leader with this group has a fantastic chance to do something special here.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get this right. Seems daft to spend a fortune on talent on the field and not invest equally on a manager. Reminds me of a quote by Genghis Khan, " An army of donkeys led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a donkey". A quality leader with this group has a fantastic chance to do something special here.
A bit of a lack of donkey experience from old Genghis if you ask me. Donkey makes a much better leader than a lion, more intelligent and aggressive as **** when provoked. The lions would be good muscle, if they could be ar**d, but put the donkey in charge everytime!

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just exactly what has Steve Clarke done with Scotland?
Look at their results, the way they’ve clawed back games, got over disappointments and played much better Football!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose given the available candidates Lopetegui is one of the better choices.
I feel comfortable with this guy. We know him, he knows us.
We have international and aspirational players , his experience at the very top will help him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you give the reasons for that Mug? I'm not familiar with him.

He's been decent where he has managed, but I just think he is a bit uninspiring. Pretty much the same way i felt about Lage. We have the opportunity, as we did after Nuno left, to look at plenty of good options and sound out a lot of candidates. I think we passed up on the chance to do that by simply appointing Lage, this time around i think we need to see who we can attract.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been decent where he has managed, but I just think he is a bit uninspiring. Pretty much the same way i felt about Lage. We have the opportunity, as we did after Nuno left, to look at plenty of good options and sound out a lot of candidates. I think we passed up on the chance to do that by simply appointing Lage, this time around i think we need to see who we can attract.
Thank you.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone think differently ?
I think that each and everyone of us witnessed a superb summer transfer window while keeping hold of star players such as Neves and Neto... That tells me where our ambitions lies.

I get the feeling if we appoint a manager who is underwhelming for some they will use that as a stick to beat the club with... Yet only a handful of weeks earlier they were creaming themselves with excitement with our newly assembled team.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that each and everyone of us witnessed a superb summer transfer window while keeping hold of star players such as Neves and Neto... That tells me where our ambitions lies.

I get the feeling if we appoint a manager who is underwhelming for some they will use that as a stick to beat the club with... Yet only a handful of weeks earlier they were creaming themselves with excitement with our newly assembled team.
Then if we are in such a good state we will get a good manager.
Watching our football play out, looking at the table and the goals scored column shows that window was maybe not so superb.
Or Lage was useless.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching our football play out, looking at the table and the goals scored column shows that window was maybe not so superb.
Or Lage was useless.

Thats not necessarily true that if we are in a good state we will get a good manager. Thats down to who we recruit. We could get another Lage if we dont do our homework. Our failings are all down to Lage. I reckon Saunders would have done a better job.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that but also a win of mid table. So crucial we get it right but also one hell of an attractive proposition for someone.

Come on Wolves, get us a top one.
Five points off European football with 30 games left to play. As with most seasons, a handful of clubs who have started well, will disintegrate and become embroiled in a relegation battle. Then, some who are struggling for form now, will recover and fight for a European competition spot. I’m obviously hoping we’re the latter.
So yes, a top, forward thinking manager will see Europe as a success, not mid-table.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was he? 56% win rate, UEFA Cup, League Cup and Charity Shield winner.

Wouldn’t mind that sort of hopelessness here.

Always said it, I'd love Mourinho here. I get he isnt everyone's cup of tea, but he just keeps winning.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or Lage was useless.

If you think our summer transfer activity wasn't superb then I'm afraid you will be disappointed with our new choice of manager unless of course its Klopp or Pep.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always said it, I'd love Mourinho here. I get he isnt everyone's cup of tea, but he just keeps winning.
100% this. Anyone who dismisses his abilities either can get past his personality or knows zero about football.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of England managers Irish Republic manager now maybe ex Spain manager we do like international managers don’t we
Fingers crossed this is what we have been waiting for .
A sprint up the league would be nice

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats not necessarily true that if we are in a good state we will get a good manager. Thats down to who we recruit. We could get another Lage if we dont do our homework. Our failings are all down to Lage. I reckon Saunders would have done a better job.
Agreed . I was trying to state exactly that to the post who seemed to assume we were all fickle .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think our summer transfer activity wasn't superb then I'm afraid you will be disappointed with our new choice of manager unless of course its Klopp or We had massive characters leave and massive weaknesses unaddressed.
Our summer activity was not superb.
Only one player has made an impact yet. And strong characters left , not replaced .
We would not be in this position , if it was superb, unless as I said Lage is truelly useless
And I expect someone of the stature of Lopetegui . That’s not Pep or Klopp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom