Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v villa

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Not much choice is there? Other than throwing Cunha in, but after what happened to Neto the other week it seems daft.
Understand where you're coming from obviously, but Cunha and Neto aren't comparable really.Neto will only spend half his career fit and Cunha seems like a strong, fit lad.

We can't live in fear of our best players getting injured to such an extent that we don't play them even when they're passed fit to play football matches.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Team selection is going to depend on whos fit. If Medical team say Cunha's OK to play, then he should be in the team or at least on the bench. You either trust the information the medical team are giving or if you don't then you need a new medical team

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Understand where you're coming from obviously, but Cunha and Neto aren't comparable really.Neto will only spend half his career fit and Cunha seems like a strong, fit lad.

We can't live in fear of our best players getting injured to such an extent that we don't play them even when they're passed fit to play football matches.
No, we shouldn't, but we can ease them back to the rigours of playing 90 minutes.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all our injuries to forward players I really think we should be adopting a front 2 system. (Should have been doing this the last 2 games)
We have the cb’s for it, wingbacks and midfield is the one spot we have a bit of depth. Plus- I think whoever is available to play in the front 2 will benefit from having a partner.
The first 9 probably pick themselves, then it depends who’s fit for the front 2. Hopefully Cunha is fit to play alongside Sarabia.
But even if we had to go with Fraser & Chiwome, I think it would work better as a pairing.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait nouri has to start left forward.

3 up front please and 1 has to be Ait nouri
Perhaps RAN is so effective because he arrives from a deeper position? So I’d keep him as a left wingback, but continue to give him the extra freedom he has been enjoying (I think it’s kinda similar to how Nuno used Doc on the right side).

It’s a similar case with Lemina, he was playing in midfield with freedom get forward and doing very well. Starting him further forward actually seems to make him less of a threat.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps RAN is so effective because he arrives from a deeper position? So I’d keep him as a left wingback, but continue to give him the extra freedom he has been enjoying (I think it’s kinda similar to how Nuno used Doc on the right side).

It’s a similar case with Lemina, he was playing in midfield with freedom get forward and doing very well. Starting him further forward actually seems to make him less of a threat.

Yeah, Lemina really struggled to get in the game when starting further forward. Second half against Fulham he was almost given a free role to go everywhere and do whatever he wanted, which really worked for him.

I'd be tempted to go with Sarabia as a deeper central focal point, with runners off him on the counter, mainly Ait Nouri, Lemina and maybe Doherty.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Definitely not.

Because then we don’t have enough attacking threat on the pitch and we look as bad as we did on Saturday

3-5-2 Saturday was a complete disaster and should never be done again unless Neto and Cunha are fit

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely not.

Because then we don’t have enough attacking threat on the pitch and we look as bad as we did on Saturday

3-5-2 Saturday was a complete disaster and should never be done again unless Neto and Cunha are fit
I didn’t feel we played 352 on Saturday.
We forced players into ineffective positions to maintain a front 3. Which ultimately left Fraser left very isolated.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not complicated. Dawson back hopefully to take over from Santi Bueno. Hugo Bueno in at LB. Lemina and Gomes central midfield with Sarabia and Ait-Nouri flanking Cunha (assuming he is ready).
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
H. Bueno Gomes Lemina Semedo
Ait-Nouri Cunha Sarabia

Not too bad with Bellegarde on the bench hopefully back and Doyle, Traore, Doc, Santi Bueno, Bentley as senior back up with one or two of the kids Fraser etc.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want to keep our usual sort of shape with the 3 forwards another option we could consider is to keep RAN as the left wingback and use H. Bueno as the left sided forward?
I think he actually used to play as a winger or 10.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 Ait-Nouri
2 Ait-Nouri
3 Ait-Nouri
4 Ait-Nouri
5 Ait-Nouri
6 Ait-Nouri
7 Ait-Nouri
8 Ait-Nouri
9 Ait-Nouri
10 Ait-Nouri
11 Ait-Nouri

Subs ....... Gary Breens x 9

We all dream of a team of Gary Breens

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based off the team news today I’d try something different. We are safe in the league. Playing for pride here..

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Bueno
Sarabia Lemina Doyle Gomes RAN
Chiwome

Use the defenders / wing backs to attack down the flanks. Lots of space at vile park to attack into. Semedo and Sarabia, RAN & Bueno all linking up to cause havoc and defend in doubles without possession.

Lemina & Gomes break up the play. Doyle pulling the strings. Hopefully Chiwome or Fraser to make the runs and let us break successfully.

Keeping and winning possession in this game is going to be key against an opponent with strong attack minded players.

Maybe tad negative but we aren’t favourites here. Being creative minded is something we have to do. Win the midfield battle we are going to cause them a lot of problems. Especially with the high line they play.

S.Bueno I would really worry about his lack of pace in this fixture.

Doc Bueno Cunha Fraser Bouby off the bench if we need the fresh legs

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based off the team news today I’d try something different. We are safe in the league. Playing for pride here..

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Bueno
Sarabia Lemina Doyle Gomes RAN
Chiwome

Use the defenders / wing backs to attack down the flanks. Lots of space at vile park to attack into. Semedo and Sarabia, RAN & Bueno all linking up to cause havoc and defend in doubles without possession.

Lemina & Gomes break up the play. Doyle pulling the strings. Hopefully Chiwome or Fraser to make the runs and let us break successfully.

Keeping and winning possession in this game is going to be key against an opponent with strong attack minded players.

Maybe tad negative but we aren’t favourites here. Being creative minded is something we have to do. Win the midfield battle we are going to cause them a lot of problems. Especially with the high line they play.

S.Bueno I would really worry about his lack of pace in this fixture.

Doc Bueno Cunha Fraser Bouby off the bench if we need the fresh legs
The Villa front line kills us if we play 4 at the back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strength in numbers, he’s no slower than Dawson. We don’t have any CB’s im confident in enough to play a back 4 for various reasons.
That could work. We need to play higher up the pitch though. 343 didn’t work against Newcastle though against a similar attacking style to villars quick forwards

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We can’t play 343 anyway, we don’t have 3 fit forwards 352 with RAN and Sarabia up top
Trouble for me is that playing RAN 'up top' is similar (but even worse) to playing Cunha there. Players who need to take the ball in space and run with it. Sarabia needs players in front of him to pass to. So there is no front 2 there for me. Not that I have any solution to who should be in that role!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it’s a risk but there has to be serious temptation to start Cunha. If we go into this game with Fraser and Sarabia up front we have zero pace, and Villa will press us just like Coventry did and we have no out ball.

Losing four forwards at the same time is absolutely sickening.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it’s a risk but there has to be serious temptation to start Cunha. If we go into this game with Fraser and Sarabia up front we have zero pace, and Villa will press us just like Coventry did and we have no out ball.

After what happened to Pedro that would be utter lunacy in my view.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After what happened to Pedro that would be utter lunacy in my view.
He has to come back at some point; if the medical department say he’s fit to play then I would use him.
Think I’d be inclined to use him in this game with a view to resting him Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom