Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v villa

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So two weeks, 30th march.

Hope gomes and sarabia are wrapped in cotton wool on international duty

We may have bellegarde and cunha available if that's the case I'd play bellegarde and sarabia behind cunha

Massive game if we win I will genuinely be shocked but come on

Otherwise if we do not have a fit frontline

Play Hugo lb and ran lw

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but he won't drop max
Tbf, I think both cb were very poor today, so it would be a coin toss as to who to drop if based on performance. Kilman though fwiw does have credit in the bank as a seasoned premier league defender.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's depressing if we need Cunha to play as a #9 when it took so long to work out he needs to play deep and carry the ball. Unfortunately that's also true on RAN, and they are our two real attacking threats. I think I'm hoping for Dawson in a 5/4 hybrid at Villa.

Sa
Kilman-Dawson-Toti
Semedo-Gomes-Lemina-Bueno
Sarabia-Cunha-RAN

Probably be RAN for Bueno and Bellegarde for RAN though.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Need to match them physically in midfield, which we didn’t do at Newcastle. RAN free to roam.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Traore, Gomes, Lemina, RAN
Sarabia, Cunha

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Doyle Lemina
Sarabia Cunha

And Ait-Nouri playing wherever he likes.
Fair play to Ran two assists two goals since losing our front line he's playing himself into a mighty contract or a big deal

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina Bueno
Sarabia Cunha RAN
Assuming Hwang isn't fully fit

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
For me,

Sa
Semedo kilman Dawson toti bueno
Lemina gomes
Sarabia cunha Nouri

Best we have at present.

Although as many may I have seen. I think Kilman is crap

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed everyone is selecting Sarabia.

He was yellow carded today and is on 5 bookings, apparently.

Do yellow cards in cup matches count in the league matches?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes RAN
Sarabia Cunha Bellegarde

Subs Bentley Bueno Doc Dawson Doyle Traore Fraser Chiwome Chirewa

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may as well go and attack them for what it is worth

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina Bueno
Sarabia Cunha RAN

Play on the break against their high line with pace. We will get in behind them should give us fair chance. Spurs and Chelsea beat them recently and we’ve done them twice!!

Vile try and overload their forward play like other clubs but low block can frustrate them.

Semedo will need help down his side, will get targeted due to the late cov goals. (Introduction of Doc 60 mins)

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Semedo and Lemina on 8 bookings btw. At least Lemina has probably deserved a few of them! Credit João Gomes for only picking up 6 so far (let's ignore the harsh FA Cup red) when many of us thought he might be a bit of a loose cannon!

Last edited:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't care less now tbh.
All pretty meaningless, now the heart has been ripped from our team. Our whole game is based on Neto, Hwang and Cunha.

One missing is bad enough but two or all three missing kills us. You certainly can't trust Bellegarde to stay fit for more than five minutes, let alone Hwang and Neto.

We looked like a plucky Championship side on Saturday, beaten by a better Championship side.

The remainder of this season is going to be a turgid grind and I won't be surprised if Villa absolutely hammer us. None of what happens is anything but hard cheese, but some will blame GON because they've been itching to do so again since Ipswich away.

I cannot wait for the summer. Try and get top dollar for the perennially injured and invest some of that money in more robust players of the Jao Gomes sort.

I still can't get over the signing of Sasa. We all saw it coming when looking at his injury record.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Whoever's fit and ready will do. I'm very nervous for the match. I'm glad GON will have a while to think about his plans and to digest the Cov loss.

fleck1

Reaction score
All pretty meaningless, now the heart has been ripped from our team. Our whole game is based on Neto, Hwang and Cunha.

One missing is bad enough but two or all three missing kills us. You certainly can't trust Bellegarde to stay fit for more than five minutes, let alone Hwang and Neto.

We looked like a plucky Championship side on Saturday, beaten by a better Championship side.

The remainder of this season is going to be a turgid grind and I won't be surprised if Villa absolutely hammer us. None of what happens is anything but hard cheese, but some will blame GON because they've been itching to do so again since Ipswich away.

I cannot wait for the summer. Try and get top dollar for the perennially injured and invest some of that money in more robust players of the Jao Gomes sort.

I still can't get over the signing of Sasa. We all saw it coming when looking at his injury record.
That's the spirit, lets pack up and go home.
Saturday was a shocker, miles below the standards we have been setting (shocking timing). I don't see this group of players doing anything other than digging deeper and fighting harder after the disappointment of the weekend.
People have written them off every time we pick up an injury we are going to crumble, Hwang, RAN and Traore are away we'll struggle with the squad depth. Yet here we are 10 games to play, 3 points off 7th and 6 points off 6th. All being well Cunha and Bellegarde are back after the break and Hwang a couple of weeks later.
Saturday was a tough one to swallow but plenty on the line between now and May, we go again.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think that is a bit pessimistic to be honest. We showed that we can score goals even without our best XI, it's just that we can't defend. I think with some players back and a bit of a rest we can get a decent draw at Villa. Or record against them over the last few years is not too bad and now they can see the CL finishing they are wobbling like Newcastle under Keegan.

Certainly the opportunity to get a result there.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will be on each others backs to get through

Dawson, king, cunha, lemina and other characthers will drive us to do better, hence bouncing back after the united loss

there is two weeks now before villa with chance to get cunha, bellegarde and others back up to speed

we have

the following internationals away

Ait nouri - algeria
Gomes, semedo, sa - portugal
sarabia- spain
gomes - brazil
lemina - gabon

i dont know about bueno for uruguay

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully Cunha will be back. If he's training already he should be fit and raring to go.

If Bellegarde is fit, I'd like to see him wide right of a midfield 4, which is similar to one of the many positions he took up for Strasbourg last season. Ait Nouri on the other side causing havoc. Becomes a 5-4-1 when defending.

Sa

Semedo---Dawson---Kilman---Toti

Bellegarde---Lemina---Gomes---Ait-Nouri

Sarabia

Cunha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom