Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v villa

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult not to see a massive struggle today. Be quite surprised if we leave there with anything, and that's pretty deflating given what has been a very good season up to this point. At least one forward player should have been brought in to replace Sasa/Silva in January, I don't care what excuses the club might make. We left ourselves with only two strikers, one out and out winger and a couple of attacking midfielders to cover our attack for an entire half of a premier league season. And two of those are extremely prone to injury.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re gonna get a hiding here. Can’t play a side like this current Villa with absolutely nothing over the half way line. They’re gonna be all over us as we won’t have the quality or pace to break.

Shame, as even with a couple of Cunha, Neto, Hwang, Bellegarde, we’d give these a good go.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So judging on one game? If that was done to a player you favoured...
Let's be real here this whole getting in the right areas is nonsense right? He is a fullback/wingback not a forward he doesn't do enough! He hasn't got the fitness to even think of push forward like he use to under Nuno because he just can't get back into position quick enough something he has always struggled with but got even worse since his return.

His lack of movement/fitness is a problem.

Not just the Coventry game (he was dreadful mind!) but all season he hasn't been anywhere near up to it for me.. Which is a shame because of his history here.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's be real here this whole getting in the right areas is nonsense right? He is a fullback/wingback not a forward he doesn't do enough! He hasn't got the fitness to even think of push forward like he use to under Nuno because he just can't get back into position quick enough something he has always struggled with but got even worse since his return.

His lack of movement/fitness is a problem.

Not just the Coventry game (he was dreadful mind!) but all season he hasn't been anywhere near up to it for me.. Which is a shame because of his history here.
I think he's capable of contributing a goal, yeah.

colincameron

Reaction score
I thought Sarabia was suspended after that yellow for clapping the ref against cov? Can't find anything confirming or denying anywhere.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Sarabia was suspended after that yellow for clapping the ref against cov? Can't find anything confirming or denying anywhere.
Not sure how accurate they are but a couple of websites l looked at suggested that he has had three yellows this season, one in the PL and two in the FA Cup.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's capable of contributing a goal, yeah.

He lacks sharpness in my opinion, Mutchy. He is now far too slow. Can get the odd goal but all round I dont think he is a Premier League player any more. He has been a great servant to the club though and that cannot be doubted.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
So would you start him just because he is capable of maybe scoring a goal?
Where did I say that? I don’t think he’s the devil incarnate, and if he plays some part I believe he has the potential to contribute. I didn’t say he should be first choice.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did I say that? I don’t think he’s the devil incarnate, and if he plays some part I believe he has the potential to contribute. I didn’t say he should be first choice.
You didn't... But in the same way don't think anyone suggested he was the devil incarnated just he isn't up to it which I think is pretty fair given what we have seen of late.

Anyway not that it really matters either way!

Last edited:

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
He has but there’s a massive difference from u21s to premier league football
Think it's a brave and positive call from GON if true. He works with the players daily and must think he's capable. To be fair, it's not even a case of thinking outside the box, when there are few options in the box (literally & metaphorically).

Back
Top Bottom