Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v City

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
532 for me as well, Donk is actually good in these sort of games, provides a bit of height as well. Neto and Raul up front, not that they're exactly firing on all cylinders ATM.
Let's face it, a draw would feel like a win against that lot...... Put 5 past Newcastle who we barely laid a glove on.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Diaz is now injured, with also Stones and Walker both out they have defensive problems.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk of all out attack, four at the back etc is nonsense. As ever the pressure is on City to win but with three games keft that pressure is greater than normal. Keep it tight and if, and it’s a massive if, we can get to the hour level opportunities on the break will come as they get more edgy.

I’d keep RAN and Chiquinho on bench in the hope they can come on and have an impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just play chiquinho or Trincao, Im thinking start trincao and put chiquinho later on.

Sa
Jonny Donk Coady Boly Ait-nouri
Neves mouts
Trincao jimenez Neto

Just attack full guns blazing from the off, let’s make it a good game at least, nothing to lose.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just play chiquinho or Trincao, Im thinking start trincao and put chiquinho later on.

Sa
Jonny Donk Coady Boly Ait-nouri
Neves mouts
Trincao jimenez Neto

Just attack full guns blazing from the off, let’s make it a good game at least, nothing to lose.
Citeh are eminently capable of scoring 6, 7 or more against any team mad enough to go gung ho against them. Do l want to see Wolves humiliated? Hell no!

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
We'll play counter attack I'm pretty sure, with 5 at the back and 3 in midfield and it worked quite well against Chelsea, except for wasteful finishing!

Subject to fitness I'd have the same starting 11, but get Trincao & Chiquinho on sooner. Hwang just does nothing for me, so Fabio would be a better option off the bench.

We have a good record against Citeh so why not pull off a surprise?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember us beating them 8-1
Bloody hell Jonzy I do as well.

I think that was the first match of the1962/63 season when we hammered Tesco’s 7-0 and Burnley 7-2 as well.

I remember it so well. I was 10 years old and in a minibus with my brothers football team after watching them play away in the Wolverhampton Amateur League. We had to come past Molineux after the game and asked what the score was.

8-1!!! Never forget it. Hope City have forgotten it though!

Showing our age Jonzy.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Bloody hell Jonzy I do as well.

I think that was the first match of the1962/63 season when we hammered Tesco’s 7-0 and Burnley 7-2 as well.

I remember it so well. I was 10 years old and in a minibus with my brothers football team after watching them play away in the Wolverhampton Amateur League. We had to come past Molineux after the game and asked what the score was.

8-1!!! Never forget it. Hope City have forgotten it though!

Showing our age Jonzy.
I know .I was 8

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Coady Boly Marcel
Chiq Neves Moutinho Neto
Hwang Raul

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Torn between same setup as Saturday or to go 343, given they have apparent defensive issues - feels like we should go for it a bit more. Let's be honest our season is over unless we win at least two of the next three, so we may as well try to score first rather than waiting until we concede to throw people on.

Sa

Boly
Coady
Toti

Jonny
Neves
Dendoncker
Ait-Nouri

Trincao
Raul
Neto

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Torn between same setup as Saturday or to go 343, given they have apparent defensive issues - feels like we should go for it a bit more. Let's be honest our season is over unless we win at least two of the next three, so we may as well try to score first rather than waiting until we concede to throw people on.

Sa

Boly
Coady
Toti

Jonny
Neves
Dendoncker
Ait-Nouri

Trincao
Raul
Neto
Agree with the sentiment but not the selection. Chiquinho starts for me, not Trincao, and Moutinho not Dendoncker (especially against a side like City)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% need luck. They’ll have possession and we have to be switched on to their movement throughout. We also need an outlet (like a Neto yesterday) to avoid just passing straight back to them.
But they do also play a suicidally high line, with Dias not quite in the imperious form he was for the last 1.5 seasons.
Southampton and Palace pressed them to death, but Spurs do what we’re allegedly good at: sit in deep then counter. If Neto, Chiquinho or similar get the run on them, there’s always a chance.
No Walker magical recovery pace to bail them out either.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Adama back with us yet? He has a good record aginst City!

T

TheConcourse

Talk of all out attack, four at the back etc is nonsense. As ever the pressure is on City to win but with three games keft that pressure is greater than normal. Keep it tight and if, and it’s a massive if, we can get to the hour level opportunities on the break will come as they get more edgy.

I’d keep RAN and Chiquinho on bench in the hope they can come on and have an impact.
Yay. Another 90 minute borefest ;)

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's defend like Porto,,6 at the back , with flying wing backs.
Marcal is a better defender than RAN.
SA
Jonny Boly Coady saiss marcal Ran
Neves Dendonker Mouthinio
Neto

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa AND Ruddy
Ait Nouri /Boly /Coady/Saiss/Mosquera/Toti/Saiss/Hoever (flexible as to the pattern)
Neves/Dendoncker
Neto/Chiquinho
Hahahahahahhahahahaha

Brilliant. We'd still lose. City are something else. I don't even get angry watching them beat us. It's like they play a different game to everyone else. Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Mahrez are absolutely majestic players

Back
Top Bottom