Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v City

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team that finished the game today, minus Hwang for either Neves or Neto

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** 5 at the back. Just go for it against Man City and show them no respect and let our attacking players enjoy themselves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we thinking? I think I’d switch to a back 4 against Norwich but would just tweak todays starting 11 for Wednesday.

Sa
Boly - Coady - Toti
Jonny - Moutinho - Neves - Dendoncker - RAN
Neto - Raul
Probably what I'd do too.

I'm all for attacking football and giving the lads who shone today a chance but man city are genuinely next level world class. Norwich is a game to have a look at a few in.

I appreciate the sentiment of 'lets attack man city' but I imagine lots of clubs think that before they lose 6-0!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
------------------------Sa------------------------
--------Boly---------Coady-------Toti--------------
-Jonny---------------------------------Ait-Nouri---
------------Neves--------Moutinho----------------
--Trincao-------------------------------Neto--------
--------------------Jimenez-------------------------

Subs: Ruddy, Hoever, Mosquera, Marcal, Dendoncker, Cundle, Chiquinho, Hwang, Silva

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Donk, Neves, Mouts midfield works, if Donk plays its either mouts or Neves alongside

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Boly Coady Toti Marcal
Neves Moutinho Donck
Neto Silva

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich game

Ruddy
Hoever Mosquera Coady RAN
Neves Moutinho
Chiquinho Trincao Neto
Raul

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Boly Coady Toti Marcal
Neves Moutinho Donck
Neto Silva
Absolutely no way!

Toti, Marcal and Silva will definitely not start.

If Saiss is injured, it will have to be Donk at the back for me alongside Boly and Coady.

RAN will be better than Marcal imo and Raul will lead the line.

Silva up against their central defenders. Do me a favour!

Trincao looked great today when he came on, so push him up front with Raul and Pedro.

An attacking line up against an attacking opponent. It should be a great game.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the City game is actually going to be the hardest selection of the season.

For Norwich I think we'll see Bruno try the shape he wants next season. And by the Liverpool game I think everyone will either be in the mood for a gung-ho last adventure or a pointless kickabout. But so much depends on today's (sunday's) games. Do West Ham drop points? Do City drop points? If West Ham win, then Europe is pretty much gone for us. If West Ham lose then suddenly Bruno might be tempted to try and get a point out of City, placing result over performance. If City win tomorrow they have a three point lead at the top. Regardless, I think the fact we have both City and Liverpool to go means Pep will see us as a must-win game to make sure they pick up three points on the off chance we pull off a shock against Liverpool.

And I also don't know when Bruno's isolation ends, so how much time will he have with the team to drill a new shape into them before Wednesday?

So I'm tempted to say stick with the back three for one more game, and compensate with our most attacking options ahead of them. However...on form I don't think there's any actual benefit to keeping Boly in the team. A back three of Boly-Coady-Totti doesn't feel any more secure than a back four with Coady-Totti. Especially since City don't have the kind of striker who is able to bully Coady off the ball. Or maybe bring both Marcal and Totti into the three...or give Hoever the grand chance to redeem himself...

I genuinely don't know. But I think things will feel much clearer after the West Ham and City games.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-3-3

........................................Sa.......................................
Jonny.................Coady...........Boly.................RAN
.......................................Neves..............................
....................Trincao........................Moutinho.......
Chiquinho....................Jimenez....................Neto.....

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
I'm all for having a go at City but they're a better side than Chelsea by 16 points and almost double the goal difference.

The only change for me is Toti for Saiss as Saiss has been a bloody liability of late. We can be bold like yesterday for the last 20 minutes if we're still in the game. There's still a twist in the title race and I'd love us to take something from both teams.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** 5 at the back. Just go for it against Man City and show them no respect and let our attacking players enjoy themselves.
I get the sentiment Jos, but going all out won’t give our attacking players the chance to enjoy themselves if the ball never makes it to them.

I don’t mind the idea of how we finished the game sort of 3 at the back but Jonny at RCB with Chiquinho outside of him. It’s more attacking but still got a decent defensive structure to it to give us a chance of being in the game.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa

Jonny, Boly, Coady, Toti, Ran
Donck,Neves,Moutinho
Raul, Neto.
This for me, although I'd start Saiss in place of Toti if fit.
I know Saiss has vern poor recently and probably won't feature next season but against City I'd take his experience and hope he can play more like we know he can.
BTW, thought he was unlucky for the pen yesterday, he was clearly fouled before he bought down Lukaku.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marcal will start against City, as will saiss. The game to experiment is Norwich

Nivada

Reaction score
Marcal will start against City, as will saiss. The game to experiment is Norwich
If Saiss fouls someone in the box again I hope that's the last time we see him in a Wolves shirt.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Jonny
Coady
Mosquera/boly (pace)
Ait Nouri

Donk
Neves

Chiq
Trincao
Neto

Silva/Jim

**** 5 at the back take the shackles off and let them enjoy it

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Saiss fouls someone in the box again I hope that's the last time we see him in a Wolves shirt.
personally, I thought it was unfortunate and very very soft. We don’t get those penalties. Sa has given away more penalties than anyone, but don’t get the same stick.

How a team can get every soft penalty given against them (city,spurs, Chelsea, Brentford) yet get absolutely none in their favour?? Brentford hurts the most as I’ve seen far worse go unpunished, look at Smalling the other night for Roma! One game I’ve watched this weekend there was a worse grapple (forgot the game) yet I doubt any other team has had a grabbing penalty this season? I’m happy to be proven wrong

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should play a reserve team against City and Liverpool, thereby guaranteeing to **** off both clubs.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Jonny, Boly, Coady, Toti, Ran
Donck,Neves,Moutinho
Raul, Neto.
Yeah probably
Maybe even a case for Marcal
We all want to say **** it lets go for it, but we equally know its suicide against City
Bring Trincao and Chico on last half hour or so if we still in it at all

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Marcal will as RAN struggles with his fitness a little and I’d prefer him for Norwich.

I’m happy to try Toti over Saiss if not fit to give a little pace.

Worried about Boly against City - neat 1-2s with Sterling - Boly is brilliant in bullying attackers but not quite got the tightest turning circle.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's strange with Man City is that the 8 games in which they haven't won this season have all come against the same 4 teams.

Liverpool - 2 draws
Southampton - 2 draws
Palace - 1 defeat, 1 draw
Spurs - 2 defeats

So looking at how these sides approached the games may be a help. Lets be honest though, to get anything off them, unless you're Liverpool you need a fair amount of luck.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's strange with Man City is that the 8 games in which they haven't won this season have all come against the same 4 teams.

Liverpool - 2 draws
Southampton - 2 draws
Palace - 1 defeat, 1 draw
Spurs - 2 defeats

So looking at how these sides approached the games may be a help. Lets be honest though, to get anything off them, unless you're Liverpool you need a fair amount of luck.
100% need luck. They’ll have possession and we have to be switched on to their movement throughout. We also need an outlet (like a Neto yesterday) to avoid just passing straight back to them.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% need luck. They’ll have possession and we have to be switched on to their movement throughout. We also need an outlet (like a Neto yesterday) to avoid just passing straight back to them.

Absolutely. This is why we've had some good moments against them. The outlet of Traore in particular.

Palace's success vs them this season was similar with Zaha's influence.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
4-1-4-1

........................................Sa.......................................
Jonny.................Coady...........Boly.................RAN
.......................................Neves..............................
......................Trincao....................Moutinho.......
Chiquinho..........................................................Neto
.....................................Jimenez..................................

T

TheConcourse

I wouldn’t care if we lost by six. Hanging on for life, smashing the ball up to an isolated Jimenez isn’t what I want to see.

Please. Pleeeeasee just go for it.

The energy the fans give the players when we’re on the front foot is so big. Under the lights at Molineux attacking the champions.. come on!

Sa
Jonny Boly Coady RAN
Neves Moutinho
Chiquinho Trincao Neto
Raul

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stones, Walker and Dias all out for the season. Makes Wednesday a little easier?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re running short of defenders so let’s use pace, Neto and Chiquinho to start

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm all for attacking football, however we go 4 at the back with players with not much recent experience in back 4 against Man City we will be murdered.

Has to be 5-3-2 for me we have had success against them with that system in the past, give Chiquinho the role Adama used to play.

Back
Top Bottom