Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deadline day?
No movement i dont think untill neves.

If de jong goes, barcelona buy neves, we buy palinha and or silva then the carousel begins.

Just my opinion

if de jong stays,

united look at neves and again start it that way

Neves stays - we do some terrible loan/transfer business in August (options are in the squad)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the thing is the mainstream media aren't interested in our rumours unless they are trying to sell one of our players to the big boys. And the ones who do have rumours have no reliability whatsoever.

What would be really good is if they could announce a good signing before anyone is sold. I know the "sell to buy" drum is beaten rekentlessly, but i can't believe we aren't capable of signing someone without major outgoings. Not saying there won't be significant outgoings, but still feel we can makd signings if we want
Or sell us a 'Big 6" castoff - see Origi in past windows for example

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I don’t know what I am expecting but it would be nice to hear something from the club,something positive from a first team perspective, but no doubt it will be continued radio silence for a while yet
Please God no. They'll wheel out Sellars and we'll all end up in a queue to jump off the new bridge at J10

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If de jong goes, barcelona buy neves, we buy palinha and or silva then the carousel begins.

Just my opinion

if de jong stays,

Neves stays - we do some terrible loan/transfer business in August (options are in the squad)
I think you're right re Neves. They will know we have to sell to buy so I expect they will keep us waiting until we're forced to drop our asking price so we have time to drag some in.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just my opinion

if de jong stays,

I hope barcelona don't sign neves, because if they do it will be for peanuts. Or a swap deal...how about this player we don't want we'll swap him for neves and 10million pounds please. Please? We're skint and everybody wants us to do so so well.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was all for late deals last summer window, citing how we got everyone in early under Mick and hardly blew the world away. I assumed that we had a plan to pick up bargains late in the window.

It so transpired that we had no plan, trying to panic buy Keiffer Moore. Things went so badly that the CEO instigated an interview in which he insisted things had not gone badly!

Needless to say, I'd like to see us move earlier this season

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope barcelona don't sign neves, because if they do it will be for peanuts. Or a swap deal...how about this player we don't want we'll swap him for neves and 10million pounds please. Please? We're skint and everybody wants us to do so so well.

I dont think they sign him if de jong is at the club for the reason of take 10m and a swap and i dont think we agree to that deal.

Barca - 1st picking (de jong based)
United - 2nd picking (de Jong based)
Arsenal - may be tempted to try but down the pecking order.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was all for late deals last summer window, citing how we got everyone in early under Mick and hardly blew the world away. I assumed that we had a plan to pick up bargains late in the window.

It so transpired that we had no plan, trying to panic buy Keiffer Moore. Things went so badly that the CEO instigated an interview in which he insisted things had not gone badly!

Backs up Lage's comments wanting it done before preseason

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what I am expecting but it would be nice to hear something from the club,something positive from a first team perspective, but no doubt it will be continued radio silence for a while yet
Will be on the ask wolves thing I'm guessing

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't hear anything from the Club hierarchy - certainly not from Shi anyway. He will leave the rhetoric and BS to Sellars:
  • How the Traore deal didn't work out as we would have liked
  • How we offered very favourable terms to Saiss/Ruddy/Moutinho
  • How the Neves deal was too good to turn down
  • How Player X & Y are generational talents and we had to buy them now before their price inflated
And they'll no doubt be happy with the figures submitted from Vinny on (pre) season ticket sales so they know the fan base are on board for next year.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I know it wasn’t a permanent signing but I can’t get the thought of William Jose out of my mind .We had lost our main striker and we brought him in and he was garbage -wash ,rinse and repeat with Hwang this season .
We should temper who we would all like to see come here against the recruitment skills of our hierarchy
# worried.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the one that hurts -

Vitinha /Porto

2021-22302330

We had the option and we are now having to spend the money on what looks like almeida etc we had a ready made player there ready to be groomed into something for neves when he goes

MGW Vitinha Palinha - midfield 3

R

reanswolf

**** me, whatever happens with Neves, we need a new CM, possibly 2. You would have hoped that someone would have been lined up, I know its not easy for the club, but they need to do something positive to entice fans.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me, whatever happens with Neves, we need a new CM, possibly 2. You would have hoped that someone would have been lined up, I know its not easy for the club, but they need to do something positive to entice fans.
I think 95 percent would agree with this, but im consigned to the fact until neves moves they wont do ****.

Now if pedrinho has signed, MGW will need assurances which he should have got with his contract and talks

we are stating palinha, it will really depend on moutinho contract then neves and if donck stays.

But truthfully i feel we should just put the offer in for palinha now and buy him no matter what happens with ruben.

You could put palinha in with MGW and neves.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Firstly Jonny has been more of a LB/LWB all of his career.
Secondly for no obvious reason you include Sanderson but not Giles.
Thirdly you include Raul, Donk and MGW all of who have been strongly linked with moves away.

It really doesn't look good....
I was under the impression that Jonny had been a right back for his entire career before joining Wolves

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep, I backed the decision to hold our nerve and wait on the premise we’d snatch a few good deals from clubs desperate to sell and we’d get better players within our budget as a result.

That went swimmingly so this summer I’ll stick with the prevailing opinion that we need to get things done quickly rather than risk not getting anything done at all again.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 95 percent would agree with this, but im consigned to the fact until neves moves they wont do ****.

Now if pedrinho has signed, MGW will need assurances which he should have got with his contract and talks

we are stating palinha, it will really depend on moutinho contract then neves and if donck stays.

But truthfully i feel we should just put the offer in for palinha now and buy him no matter what happens with ruben.

You could put palinha in with MGW and neves.
That last sentence makes great reading imo Northampton.

Give Moutinho a new 2 year contract and keep Donk around. That’s our midfield sorted with just one new addition.

If only! If only!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really feel for Lage, who has he actually been given (let’s not pretend he’s got a choice in signings, it’s clear he gets given players)

Bar Jose Sa it was all pretty meh, our squad has needed new CBS for 2 seasons now and a back up CM since day dot.

You lot trying working with one hand tied behind your back, he’s made mistakes but he’s not Saunders like, ffs we finished tenth, Saunders took us into league one! Lage has been consistently asking for new players all the time

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Yep, I backed the decision to hold our nerve and wait on the premise we’d snatch a few good deals from clubs desperate to sell and we’d get better players within our budget as a result.

That went swimmingly so this summer I’ll stick with the prevailing opinion that we need to get things done quickly rather than risk not getting anything done at all again.
Supposedly we've been working on new players since the beginning of Feb according to Bruno. You'd think if that was the case they'd be lined up ready to unveil weekly from now.
So imminent incomings then..

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly Jonny has been more of a LB/LWB all of his career.
Secondly for no obvious reason you include Sanderson but not Giles.
Thirdly you include Raul, Donk and MGW all of who have been strongly linked with moves away.

It really doesn't look good....

I think Jonny is a better right back.

He played left back at Celta because Hugo Mallo is a very good right back and captain, then again left back here because Doherty was already here.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where do we need another 4 for depth?

Midfield aside depth isn’t an issue now, quality is. Our squad with everyone fit from January onwards was:

Sa, Ruddy

Semedo, Jonny, RAN, Hoever Marcal

Coady, Kilman, Saiss, Boly, Toti, Mosquera

Neves, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Cundle

Neto, Podence, Hwang, Chiquinho, Trincao

Jimenez, Silva

5 full backs for 2 positions, 6 CB’s for 3, 5 wide players for 2 positions are all more than enough.

If we’re looking at playing variations of 4 or 5 at the back I’d say you could have 5 CB and 5 CM, 5 wide players (as long as a couple can play as a 10 or 2nd striker) and 2 CF‘s.

So that’s -1 CB and +1 CM. We can probably also lose a wingback too.

We’ve also potentially got MGW and Traore to add to the above too.

I don’t think we need more depth, I think we need more quality.
Never said anything about depth. Well right now without losing anyone we clearly need a centre half, a midfielder, a wide attacker with goal contributions and a striker. That's to strengthen the side we have.

We will more than likely be losing Neves, Adama, Ruddy, Saiss, Dendoncker, and it's fair to say Mouts isn't nailed on to stay. 8 players isn't out of the question at all. Really. Not all will be first teamers, but I'd say you would have to expect this side should have 5 new players if we lose Ruben.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When will we know about Lage ?
That is the first massive decision. Must be due within a few days.
If we keep him I just expect minimal ( and necessary ) changes to our squad.
If he goes it could mean the big reset .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never said anything about depth. Well right now without losing anyone we clearly need a centre half, a midfielder, a wide attacker with goal contributions and a striker. That's to strengthen the side we have.

We will more than likely be losing Neves, Adama, Ruddy, Saiss, Dendoncker, and it's fair to say Mouts isn't nailed on to stay. 8 players isn't out of the question at all. Really. Not all will be first teamers, but I'd say you would have to expect this side should have 5 new players if we lose Ruben.
Surely saying we need 4 on top of what we have no implies we need more depth?

Your numbers would leave us with 7 CB’s, 5 CM’s, 6 wide players and 3 strikers. Add in the 5 WB’s we have and that’s 26 outfield players. Seems a lot for me if all are classed as first team players.

4 on top of Neves, Adama, Ruddy, Saiss, Dendoncker and Moutinho would mean a squad that’s 4 players deeper would it not?

We don’t need 4 more, we need 4 better than what we have.

For every player going out of the squad we need one in, we can afford to lose one CB but need one extra CM.

We need more quality in some positions rather than more numbers which is what saying we need 4 on top of replacements seemed to imply.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When will we know about Lage ?
That is the first massive decision. Must be due within a few days.
If we keep him I just expect minimal ( and necessary ) changes to our squad.
If he goes it could mean the big reset .
There's been nothing really concrete though has there? A few snippets - some say he's going and others say he's staying.
The part that worries me is any new manager will have to accept the way Wolves do business.

I don't know enough about Lopetegui, but he is a Mendes client. Would he be prepared to work under a restricted budget and Sellars as the ultimate "sign off" on players?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's been nothing really concrete though has there? A few snippets - some say he's going and others say he's staying.
The part that worries me is any new manager will have to accept the way Wolves do business.

I don't know enough about Lopetegui, but he is a Mendes client. Would he be prepared to work under a restricted budget and Sellars as the ultimate "sign off" on players?
Lopetegui already confirmed staying at sevilla

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the window doesnt open for almost 3 weeks,international agencies dont open till July 1st,so no we wont hear anything apart from rumours for another month im guessing

Wolves rarely let anything leak out unless its done and dusted so dont expect a raft of players anytime soon
Many things need sorting before we start buying

Neves and Traore are the main ones,as far as rebuilding capital is concerned
Will MGW sign? Will Boly,Donk,Mouts,Saiss,Trincao maybe even Hwang stay?
No one knows outside of Wolves at this point and probably not for a few weeks yet

Once these issues are sorted then we can plan with a known budget
Im sure targets have been sorted and some progressed but with so many unknowns on our side its impossible to even speculate

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh look, almeida and gui guedes,

Wonderful normal business resumes, buy and loan to grasshoppers

Hopefully almeida would be for first team.

A Bola report that Guilherme Guedes (known as Gui) is extremely likely to leave this summer. Grasshoppers have previously been linked to the 20 year old so expect a potential loan move there if Wolves complete this signing. #WWFC | #Wolves
Quote Tweet

pK6XAsEd_mini.jpg

Talking Wolves

@TalkingWolves
· 4h
As well as Andre Almeida, Wolves are also interested in Vitoria Guimaraes midfielder Guilherme Guedes. It’s said that Wolves could pay between €10m-€15m combined for the Portuguese midfielders.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats happened to these questions that Johhny Phillips asked Shi, Sellars etc over 3 weeks ago? No need for these videos not to be released now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom