Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member drgr12429

You'd like t o think they have players lined up, but yet again its going to be drawn out isn't it.

Panic buy if Neves leaves, also trying to keep Moutinho and Saiss by the sounds of it. MGW in as the attacking CM.

Already, can't see the revolution many of us thought would happen and was necessary.
They are stalling on giving Joao a 2 year deal. Imagine what's going to happen with all the others. I genuinely think they want a squad of under 23's.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hearing anything to indicate either one, Cornwall?

I can’t help but think if it was 2 then there’d have been a decision by now, even if not publicly announced.
I have no idea which one .. I would have said Bruno was safe after top half finish with no real investment until the local media have an agenda to get him out by always pointing out the negatives
My take is depends on how far he is supported in this window .. he could walk if no given the players he wants
He does have support of players contrary to reports .. but have heard and i believe reported Podence not happy hasnt settled in Wolvo very well

D

Deleted member drgr12429

As an aside i see Everton and the Vile are having 3 falls or a submission over Tarkowski. I'd love to see him here.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't actually think we're ever going to overtake United, do you?
If no one ever tries, why bother. Just give them all the trophies now. May as well just be done with relegation and promotion too. Hello Super league.

Sport without dreams isn’t sport.

I never dreamt I’d see us outplay and beat United but I have. Or beat Liverpool or Spurs or Arsenal or Chelsea but I have.

Likely? **** no. But not impossible.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea which one .. I would have said Bruno was safe after top half finish with no real investment until the local media have an agenda to get him out by always pointing out the negatives
My take is depends on how far he is supported in this window .. he could walk if no given the players he wants
He does have support of players contrary to reports .. but have heard and i believe reported Podence not happy hasnt settled in Wolvo very well
When managers quit they don’t get the severance package they would if sacked?

It seems to me Bruno has repeated his Benfica stint: good start (great start at Benfica) and then tailed off badly with little evidence of what he is trying to do. He does give very detailed interviews, which may indicate his head is more into coaching than managing.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no chance he will walk. Given the last third of the season was relegation form and by May we looked more likely to win the Euro Millions Jackpot than a league game, even against Norwich, it shouldn’t even be a possibility. Rather than a transfer kitty he should have a one way flight ticket to Lisbon.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They are stalling on giving Joao a 2 year deal. Imagine what's going to happen with all the others. I genuinely think they want a squad of under 23's.
No way on this earth should we give Moutinho a two year deal. If the decision was mine I wouldn't even give him another year. I accept that is heresy to many on here, but you look at his stats and he has declined steadily while he's been here.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always amazed by certain posters on Mix .. Bruno out .. we havent done any business yet .... they contradict each other
1 If Bruno Stays then we should do early transfer business or Fosun arent backing him
2 if Bruno leaves then we have to wait for New Manager to be appointed see who he wants and the business if any will be late in the window

And can we stop the Villa are doing bits .. we have had this every window in last 2 years and still they finish below us .. its getting boring
It's not like Bruno has the final say on transfers though with Scotty S in the DoF seat.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No way on this earth should we give Moutinho a two year deal. If the decision was mine I wouldn't even give him another year. I accept that is heresy to many on here, but you look at his stats and he has declined steadily while he's been here.
Nah, i'm not having that. The club want to blood young players. Joao has years of experience to pass on to them, plus he's a draw to other players we want to sign from Portugal or Brazil.
Lucky for us the decision isn't yours!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nah, i'm not having that. The club want to blood young players. Joao has years of experience to pass on to them, plus he's a draw to other players we want to sign from Portugal or Brazil.
Lucky for us the decision isn't yours!
Just to play Devil's advocate, do older players really pass on experience, or is it just one of those footballing myths? Ditto for Moutinho being a draw for other players. Nowhere near as big a draw as an extra 20 grand a week. You look at his stats and they're poor: objectively Brownhill at Burnley is a far more effective midfielder.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our best player Neves leaves will he be replaced by our new best player? I didn't think so either. So who will be our best player next season?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao even at £16m would take the spending on him and Hwang to £30m. Let that sink in and if you think the hierarchy know what they’re doing you might like to reconsider!

The fact they are still even considering Trincao is bonkers. Start looking at other players please. Preferably ones that can score goals or have scored goals.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Just to play Devil's advocate, do older players really pass on experience, or is it just one of those footballing myths? Ditto for Moutinho being a draw for other players. Nowhere near as big a draw as an extra 20 grand a week. You look at his stats and they're poor: objectively Brownhill at Burnley is a far more effective midfielder.
Of course they do! Neves learnt from him for starters. It's like every job in the world. The old hands teach the new ones so they hopefully go on to be even better than the old hands.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The fact they are still even considering Trincao is bonkers. Start looking at other players please. Preferably ones that can score goals or have scored goals.
Or tackle, or hold the ball up for more than 2 seconds, or even look interested...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be a decent signing for someone on a free. I don’t think he’s that great though.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I saw of Gerrard in Glasgow, he's a pretty good manager over a few seasons, but takes a year or so to really start making a difference. So I think by this time next year Villa could be in a strong position.
The consensus up here is not that!
Will be a decent signing for someone on a free. I don’t think he’s that great though.
he isn’t. I don’t get the hype.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like Ruddys on his way, was a good back up and who can forget Cardiff

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-185351_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-185351_Instagram.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 97

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But they also got Chiquinho for £3M and what did Toti cost?
Early days yet, granted.
A stopped clock is right twice a day.

The big deals - £10m+ - determine how the club will do going forwards. It’s hard to imagine a worse way to spend £14m, even more so doing it until we’d fully utilised the “try before you buy” option.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Ruddys on his way, was a good back up and who can forget Cardiff

After Spiers wrote this today which means either:

Spiers has no clue, or Spiers was right but somebody else called the shot (Sellars?).

Of course could also be that he wanted to stay and club wanted to keep him, but they disagreed on wages, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-200548_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-200548_The Athletic.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 141

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score

Not sure if this is true of course but seems it was Wolves decision... Maybe that Gabriel Slonina is coming in to replace him?
He’s a good friend of Ruddy’s so I’d imagine it’s spot on… the MLS keeper is very highly rated and doing really well. The MLS and America in general produce great keepers. So it could be a very decent buy!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an aside i see Everton and the Vile are having 3 falls or a submission over Tarkowski. I'd love to see him here.
If we were going there I’d probably rather Collins from Burnley.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'd like t o think they have players lined up, but yet again its going to be drawn out isn't it.

Panic buy if Neves leaves, also trying to keep Moutinho and Saiss by the sounds of it. MGW in as the attacking CM.

Already, can't see the revolution many of us thought would happen and was necessary.

It will be a shambles, I’m sure

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are in the big league because Fosun are a top world company.
Top world companies do not become the hostage of fortune.
Get a plan and stick to it. Don’t become dependent on what other clubs are doing .
We didn’t in 2017 don’t do it now .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on the player. I read somewhere that Ronaldo doesnt mentor kids . And of course Glenn Hoddle was not supposed to be a nurturer . Both intolerant of substandard performances if reports are to be believed.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As fans I don't think we should expect to have it both ways- keep all of our players and expect new ones to just pile in on top. Doing that is a recipe for player values to dwindle and staleness to creep in.

I am happy for Ruddy, Saiss, Moutinho, Marcal and Trincao to go. A) Because it will give some of our quality, now championship-proven youngsters (MGW, Giles and Sarkic) more opportunities or B) because it frees up space for us to bring in players that will do different things and change our approach.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom