Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But maybe we should? Yes try to enjoy the football in the present, but a slow build and a team/squad full of absolute quality in 3-4 years time either gelling as a team or the odd one getting sold to fund their replacements......

I do find the bogof deals very strange, what will happen to the likes of Jordao?

Problem is, if we sacrifice the present too much, then the quality team we might have in 3-4 years time will be in the Championship..
I'm not opposed at all to building for the future. Problem is, when we dont buy ready made players. There needs to be a balance.
When we first got promoted we signed the likes of Raul, Dendoncker, Patricio and Moutinho. We also signed the likes of Neto who at that time needed time to develop and gell ind. However he got that, excactly because we already had established players in the squad.
Neto wasnt cheap either of course, but had we signed him alone, and not the above mentioned, we probably wouldnt have had such a succesful return to the PL.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So just to catch up these are all looking very likely to be happening or just rumours?

Gabriel Slonina - GK - £3mil
Andre Almeida - CAM - £8mil
Guilherme "Gui" Guedes - CM - £2-4mil
Pedrinho - Winger - £?mil

With 2 out of 3 of our U21 foreign signings for the summer used on Slonina & Gui.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would let Trincao go back to Barcelona (even though I think he is better than we have seen so far) and would go for Dwight McNeill from Burnley.
Reckon about £15m and first team ready.
More like 30 mill mate. They want 40 for nick pope.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham doing bits again. They've sold wunderkid Fabio Carvalho to Liverpool. Having seen both play, it seems increasingly possible that we signed the wrong Fabio by mistake. Anyway, whats' with newly promoted teams selling their best players on promotion? Is this the secret behind the Norwich and Fulham "instant relegation" model?

And apparently Fulham have made Cav available. Gerrimin! Hwang swap deal?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Pre-injury Raul was not effective? I agree many of your posts but this is utter rubbish.
My apologies complete brain fade - multi tasking of appearing to be at work whilst also looking on here. Yes totally agree Raul pre injury but he has been an exception to the norm and you can add Jota to the list although he was very hot and cold for us. We have signed a lot who have been ineffective and I go back pre-Fosun on that.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I would let Trincao go back to Barcelona (even though I think he is better than we have seen so far) and would go for Dwight McNeill from Burnley.
Reckon about £15m and first team ready.
The blokes scored two goals in the last two years despite playing nearly every minute of every game.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andre Almeida is for the first team .. Gui Guedes will probaly go to Grasshoppers to get experience at a decent level .. worked for Toti .. Gui is classed as an exceptional talent in Portugal
On paper, I’d be happy with these deals. Andre Almeida is a classy midfielder that can play as an 8, doesn’t get a lot of goals or assists, but is very involved in build up play and the start of the attacking phase. He’s really highly rated in Portugal and is part of the u21 national team squad which is impressive in itself as not many players outside the big 3 and Braga really get a huge look in or recognition. €8m is a good price for him and a lot of Porto fans would love him to join them this summer, so it’s smart for us to go in before they do and his price inevitably rises to £20m+ in a year or so.

Don’t know anything about Gui Guedes, but for around the price of €2-4m it’s a low risk signing that has the potential to work in our favour long term ala Toti as you say, so it’s welcome from me. A quick look on youtube and he looks quite mobile, which makes a difference from our current options in midfield.

Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andre Almeida is for the first team .. Gui Guedes will probaly go to Grasshoppers to get experience at a decent level .. worked for Toti .. Gui is classed as an exceptional talent in Portugal
Not sure if it's because I've watched Neves and Moutinho in centre midfield for a while now but that Andre Almeida looks rapid for a centre midfielder from the clips I've seen!

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pedrinho update .. deal was done just a couple of pieces and Work permit to sort out .. this was leaked by someone in his agents Bertolucci Sports to South American press thats where I heard about it .. however it as been reported that Wolves had a confidentiality clause in the contract and where not happy about the leak .. as its gone quite do not know if there is a problem with the deal or just its gone quite at Wolves request .. its also reported that Shakhtar are preparing paperwork for a number of players to leave Pedrinho was included in the leaving group
Also Neres to Benfica is happening which may free up Rafa Silva who we have had an interest in .. not itk about Rafa at all but Neres definately going to Benfica

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So just to catch up these are all looking very likely to be happening or just rumours?

With 2 out of 3 of our U21 foreign signings for the summer used on Slonina & Gui.
@Dan G WWFC are these any good? Resident statto

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You were doing so well until you got to the 'exceptional talent' bit.

• Haha
Reactions: DJW

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedrinho update .. deal was done just a couple of pieces and Work permit to sort out .. this was leaked by someone in his agents Bertolucci Sports to South American press thats where I heard about it .. however it as been reported that Wolves had a confidentiality clause in the contract and where not happy about the leak .. as its gone quite do not know if there is a problem with the deal or just its gone quite at Wolves request .. its also reported that Shakhtar are preparing paperwork for a number of players to leave Pedrinho was included in the leaving group
Also Neres to Benfica is happening which may free up Rafa Silva who we have had an interest in .. not itk about Rafa at all but Neres definately going to Benfica
Sorry Cornwall, not being pedantic or awkward but by Neres do you mean Neves? I guess so but my knowledge of players outside the Wolves squad is pretty patchy!

And thanks again for sharing, we all appreciate it I'm sure.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regards Pedrinho deal we have had may deals being leaked before they are announced (Chiquinho agent posting pics on social media for one) so with that in mind if the deal is nearly done apart for a few small details why would the club be that annoyed?

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With regards Pedrinho deal we have had may deals being leaked before they are announced (Chiquinho agent posting pics on social media for one) so with that in mind if the deal is nearly done apart for a few small details why would the club be that annoyed?
Have no idea but SA press stated unhappy at leak ..

Sidaway

Reaction score
Like the sound of Pedrinho, hope we get it over the line.

sswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ve heard via my contact ( used to be a member on here but left due to the ****wits) that Pedrinho is holding out to see what other interest there is as he would like to play in the CL or europa.
A couple of other wolves targets are in the same boat

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting as far defenders go take Duarte from Granada be a good Saiss replacement
Interesting article, suggests he could be available for as little as £3m. Injured for a large part of the year and one year left on his contract.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If there is any truth in any of those, from the calibre of signings we're going down next year.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As above, if this is the calibre of player we're signing this summer then it's going to be a long old season. We need first-team players, not squad players.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As above, if this is the calibre of player we're signing this summer then it's going to be a long old season. We need first-team players, not squad players.

There's a whole summer window that isn't open yet

Relax and see what happens

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almeida is a first team player? Seems to be a first choice for club and for u-21s?

Goalkeeper seems a once a in a generation talent.

Duarte perhaps a Saiss replacement, fine?

Guedes a speculative punt for the future on a rated Portuguese talent, nah we have a horrible hit rate on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom