Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leading on from the Twitter article if authentic I’m unsure as I took from Twitter, may be just bait

But here’s something interesting to read

He’s also got a masters

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone needs to contact Spiers sharpish to confirm this is bull****!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not true. I subscribe to the athletic and just double checked Spiers last couple items.

Scary that such a nonsensical idea is considered feasible. Sums up the trust people have in Sellars.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Fosun really care too much about whether wolves are in the PL or not. They've got the IP for the brand and are using it in eSports and wherever else they want. Wolves doesn't cost them any money to run and if wolves are relegated would it do that much damage to the eSports brand?
They probably care a lot more than you think…. for one good reason… Wolves are worth an awful lot more in the premier league than the championship

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I’d like to think the club already have a fairly solid idea of who is leaving and who is staying.

And for those that are leaving, a list of replacements or maybe even some deals wrapped up behind the scenes.

The last 3 seasons however don’t give me much faith this is happening. With a few exceptions (Sa being the main one), we are reactive rather than proactive in the market.

Rather than a gradual refreshing of the squad over recent seasons, we now face rebuilding the core of the squad this summer.
You would really hope they would have an idea, but Shi and sellars are absolutely clueless. Nothing would surprise me with the 2 clowns.
That’s my concern.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am struggling to see why everything is so doom and gloom. In the Summer we could lose 10 players that have played first team football for us this year (Ruddy, Saiss, Boly, Hoever, Marcal, Neves, Moutinho, Traore, Trincao, Hwang), replace them with 4 players and still massively improve the first team, with a decent 22 man squad.

LINEUP111652732809476.png

Of those 4 - I think Guedes could be a swap with Adama and Neves could cover the Palhinha and Nico deals leaving just a centre back to find. It's hardly time to start sh*tt*ng yourselves.

Last edited:

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am struggling to see why everything is so doom and gloom. In the Summer we could lose 9 players that have played first team football for us this year (Ruddy, Saiss, Boly, Hoever, Marcal, Neves, Moutinho, Traore, Trincao), replace them with 4 players and still massively improve the first team, with a decent 22 man squad.

View attachment 27965

Of those 4 - I think Guedes could be a swap with Adama and Neves could cover the Palhinha and Nico deals leaving just a centre back to find. It's hardly time to start sh*tt*ng yourselves.
Coiuld have posted the same last two failed summer windows, hopefully you're correct this year.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So remind me of the positive stories.
Cone on Rhos, everything isn't rosey but you are old enough (like me?) to know it could be much, much worse. I know you care about the club and for yet another season the football has been mostly poor but its not all doom and gloom.
It's a big summer this year yes, but we still have some good players with others coming through. For what their worth most of the players linked look good (I know we won't sign any etc). We're going to finish top half again. Mendes is still on board (if you think that is positive).
It's hard to predict next season as so much is likely to change but the constant depression on here is why I rarely bother now.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cone on Rhos, everything isn't rosey but you are old enough (like me?) to know it could be much, much worse. I know you care about the club and for yet another season the football has been mostly poor but its not all doom and gloom.
It's a big summer this year yes, but we still have some good players with others coming through. For what their worth most of the players linked look good (I know we won't sign any etc). We're going to finish top half again. Mendes is still on board (if you think that is positive).
It's hard to predict next season as so much is likely to change but the constant depression on here is why I rarely bother now.
Yep 70+ and counting been there and got the t-shirt, have no faith in the current owners or senior management, will be absoultely amazed if we finish top half next season, that said season ticket renewed as will be AST.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have just been looking at West Ham who probably play in the formation we would be looking to embed, even though they are only 5 points above us, play a throw-back style and have had a similarly poor run in the League.

The key differences are the pace and power of Zouma, the two tanks in midfield plus the eye for goal of Bowen. Not much else I'd spend good money on changing in our team compared to theirs.

LINEUP111652730949566.png

If we were to get Palhinha (6'3") and Nico (6'2") we would cover the Soucek and Rice elements. The Bowen goals would be covered by Guedes if he could hit the ground running or Neto if he could really kick on. Then it is about identifying a Zouma-esque centre back. Hardly earth shattering changes required.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some info from Shaktar .. they are allowing David Neres to go to Benfica this is in payment of the outstanding balance they owe Benfica .. interest for Wolves is that he frees up Rafa Silva to leave who Wolves have a long standing interest in..
Also they are preparing for2/3 other players to leave including Pedrinho who I believe is bound for Wolves

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was thinking, what's the minimum we really need for the first team, who should we keep, what is the real recruitment task, and I came up with this:

.................................................Sa
Semedo.........New CB.............Kilman...........Jonny
....................New MF/Neves.......New MF
Chiquinho......................................................Neto
................................Podence
................................New CF

With cover provided by:

.................................Sondergaard
Hoever/Bolla....Mosquera.....Gomes.......Ait Nouri
..........................Cundle..........Shabani
New wide fwd....................................Hwang?
...................................Campbell?
.....................................Fabio

I mean, its clutching at straws a fair bit, but it assumes we lose/sell:

Ruddy/Saiss/Boly/Coady/Marcal/Neves/Moutinho/Dendonker/Traore/Trincao/Jimenez

We'd need 4 first team ready players, ideally with Premier League experience, and a backup forward (or two if we can offload Hwang).

We need Jorge to pull a blinder or we are in big trouble.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Some info from Shaktar .. they are allowing David Neres to go to Benfica this is in payment of the outstanding balance they owe Benfica .. interest for Wolves is that he frees up Rafa Silva to leave who Wolves have a long standing interest in..
Also they are preparing for2/3 other players to leave including Pedrinho who I believe is bound for Wolves
From your source buddy?….

Sidaway

Reaction score
Be good to see us sign Rafa Silva & Pedrinho for sure. Anything on any defenders?

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Thank you as always

Winger room is looking a little crowded tbh, think we will more some on?

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just been looking at West Ham who probably play in the formation we would be looking to embed, even though they are only 5 points above us, play a throw-back style and have had a similarly poor run in the League.

The key differences are the pace and power of Zouma, the two tanks in midfield plus the eye for goal of Bowen. Not much else I'd spend good money on changing in our team compared to theirs.

View attachment 27966

If we were to get Palhinha (6'3") and Nico (6'2") we would cover the Soucek and Rice elements. The Bowen goals would be covered by Guedes if he could hit the ground running or Neto if he could really kick on. Then it is about identifying a Zouma-esque centre back. Hardly earth shattering changes required.
Is that Steven Seagal in midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom