Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to think the club already have a fairly solid idea of who is leaving and who is staying.

And for those that are leaving, a list of replacements or maybe even some deals wrapped up behind the scenes.

The last 3 seasons however don’t give me much faith this is happening. With a few exceptions (Sa being the main one), we are reactive rather than proactive in the market.

Rather than a gradual refreshing of the squad over recent seasons, we now face rebuilding the core of the squad this summer.
I'd say again we have a very good hit rate in the markets and generally do well for replacements. We just need a bit more bodies to supplement but (sadly) understand the financial constraints imposed by Fosun made this an issue, as this is the first window where we reasonably know we will be able to raise a good transfer kitty then I'd imagine that there are certain plans afoot to replace the players.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with all of this.

I don't know why we have decided to leave the obviously needed changes for so long. It's stupid. Saving money in the short term when we would have needed new players eventually anyway. So in this window we will now need to sign around 6/7 players minimum to make the squad bigger and improve the team after the outgoings... it's worrying.
Personally, I'd be far more concerned if we continued with the same group, fatigue mentally seems to have sunk in.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crystal Palace last summer had to totally rebuild their squad and they have done pretty well this season top half finish for them they will push on next season we could do the same.Up to the likes of Shi,Sellars and Lage to sign the right players to replace whoever leaves.

Hopefully they'll pay the going rate on some key players and not try and get good deals with everyone and leave us short.

Also don't waste money on Hwang. Hopefully we'll sell him or cancel the deal

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Hopefully they'll pay the going rate on some key players and not try and get good deals with everyone and leave us short.

Also don't waste money on Hwang. Hopefully we'll sell him or cancel the deal
people keep saying this about Hwang but i thought we signed him properly in January?

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
No doubt this summer could make or break the club get it right we will push on but get it wrong we could be in for a Relegation dogfight

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I'd be far more concerned if we continued with the same group, fatigue mentally seems to have sunk in.
Definitely. I’m just saying that the only two people who knew this time was coming seems to be Shi and Sellars. A Botman or a Sanches last summer and another addition last January, whilst costly, would have meant it would be less players needed this coming summer and less players to blood. We’ve left it all to do in one hit which is the massive worry.

Still, I’m interested and worried to see how we handle it.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Fosun really care too much about whether wolves are in the PL or not. They've got the IP for the brand and are using it in eSports and wherever else they want. Wolves doesn't cost them any money to run and if wolves are relegated would it do that much damage to the eSports brand?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Fosun really care too much about whether wolves are in the PL or not. They've got the IP for the brand and are using it in eSports and wherever else they want. Wolves doesn't cost them any money to run and if wolves are relegated would it do that much damage to the eSports brand?

I saw we aquired a Rainbow 6 team the other day, I'm into 'esports' so I checked out the reddit page for competitive Rainbow, most of the replies were people not having a clue who Wolves were/are. Anyone who did know were referring us as 'The Premier League club' or a sub division of Evil Genius ... says alot about our brand ....

Outside of mobile games and Fifa, we're essentially a nothing brand in the 'esport' world, especially in Europe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

I think they do. PL is worldwide, the championship not so. This summer will tell us how much they care i would wager.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Fosun really care too much about whether wolves are in the PL or not. They've got the IP for the brand and are using it in eSports and if wolves are relegated would it do that much damage to the eSports brand?
Yes it would. Branding is all about success with style. Currently we have (relative) success but no style. A spell in the Chump might see us play with more style, but would not be considered a success. They care all right !

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is eSports? :D

Someone mentioned Kondogbia being a likely signing instead of Palhinha...... He's 29 and if playing as a defensive midfielder would he have the legs for the Premier League? He's quality but still a risk.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

The players i keep seeing us interested in are not PL ready. The ones we are thinking of selling are. Doing all these deals in one window and expecting a PL ready team? It's a big gamble..

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
What is eSports? :D

Someone mentioned Kondogbia being a likely signing instead of Palhinha...... He's 29 and if playing as a defensive midfielder would he have the legs for the Premier League? He's quality but still a risk.
Saw him play live in a home game last month. He’s top draw, and even at 29 has a good few years in him.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our PL status. The more changes, the more risk. In an ideal world we would have signed a CB last summer and be in a better position now to consider a back 4. We would've signed a CM last summer and would not be looking at potentially replacing our entire midfield. We would've signed a striker last summer to push Raul for a starting spot. But we didn't do any of that so now we're faced with a big gamble as they will be replacing players instead of supplementing them.

Imagine we sold Coady and replaced him with Vallejo, sold Raul and replaced him with Cutrone, sold Neto and replaced him with Trincao. All of those players we were excited to have signed, and all turned out to be duds. Signing them while we already have players that we know we can count on is one thing, having to replace those players is a totally different one and can go horribly wrong. Of course, it could all work out - it's just a big risk.

Vallejo looked a rock solid defender in his 10 minute cameo of the Champions League semi-final! :D Transformed from when he was with us. And we can't blame Bruno for it, because he arrived long after Vallejo departed.
Cutrone 25 goal season incoming. :oops:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The buy clause for Hwang has been triggered (source: BBC).

So he's a Wolf now. He's not playing well - though often seems to be played out wide, not apparently his strongest position - but he's a Wolf and so has my full support.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So he's a Wolf now. He's not playing well - though often seems to be played out wide, not apparently his strongest position - but he's a Wolf and so has my full support.
Sadly, I think he'll need more than your, and mine, support.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hes ****ing useless whichever way you look at it, whoever sanctioned this should be sacked. The thought we sell Neves and co and trust these idiots to reinvest makes me feel ill.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Sellars thinking now who can I bring to be the ideal scapegoat to take the pressure off himself. Cue a quick phone call to Roger. Just surprised he hasn’t sounded out Jamie O’Hara as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom