Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

MontyR

Reaction score
City confirm Haaland!

Pretty sure the penthouse in my apartment building in Manchester City centre hasn’t been moved into yet. Don’t worry lads, I’ll start dropping hints about a move to Wolves if I meet him in the sauna.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City confirm Haaland!

KDB will gave so many assists with this lad up top. It feels like that's the main thing they are missing a proper striker so very scary prospect...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how Haaland is only worth £65m and yet Grealish sold for £100m? And City offered £120m for Kane.
At only 22, and a prolific goal scorer, one would assume his transfer fee would be much higher.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how Haaland is only worth £65m and yet Grealish sold for £100m? And City offered £120m for Kane.
At only 22, and a prolific goal scorer, one would assume his transfer fee would be much higher.

It's due to a release clause negotiated with Dortmund so he went there. English teams don't seem to as often put elease clauses on their top players.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just because of his release clause. One of the main reasons he signed for them was because they agreed to that relatively low (these days) release clause.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a release clause that kicks in this summer.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's due to a release clause negotiated with Dortmund so he went there. English teams don't seem to as often put elease clauses on their top players.
It's just because of his release clause. One of the main reasons he signed for them was because they agreed to that relatively low (these days) release clause.
Had a release clause that kicks in this summer.
Ok, I knew about the release clause but isn’t that only a minimum? …..a starting point, so to speak.
Couldn’t Dortmund have asked for more? Or is there an obligation to sell if the clause price is met?

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes no sense.

Also puts into perspective the £60m and more that some are expecting if we sell Neves - not in a month of Sundays.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, I knew about the release clause but isn’t that only a minimum? …..a starting point, so to speak.
Couldn’t Dortmund have asked for more? Or is there an obligation to sell if the clause price is met?
Means if someone offers the amount in the release clause they have to accept.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No! Meet the release clause and Dortmund can’t refuse to sell.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player can leave if clause is met. Without it he wouldn’t have gone to Dortmund so they’ve had him for a couple of seasons and made money so they’ve done alright out of it.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes no sense.

Also puts into perspective the £60m and more that some are expecting if we sell Neves - not in a month of Sundays.
You can't take Haalands release clause price as a yardstick for other transfers! Without that they'd have quite rightly been asking for hundreds of millions! Neves doesn't have a release clause, so his price is ours to name.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep Dortmund was always a short term stepping stone move, hence the release clause, what a player they have got, dare I say it the missing piece of the jigsaw

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got Julian Alvarez coming in too who is supposedly the next big thing from Argentina. Them and Liverpool are just on another planet.
Wonder if we go back in for him but depends if Jesus stays I guess

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't take Haalands release clause price as a yardstick for other transfers! Without that they'd have quite rightly been asking for hundreds of millions! Neves doesn't have a release clause, so his price is ours to name.
Oops, thanks! Overlooked the release clause issue.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what a release clause is!
Yes, apparently but I thought a release clause could be anything the writers/lawyers wanted it to be and might vary from club to club, contract to contract.
Now I know.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, apparently but I thought a release clause could be anything the writers/lawyers wanted it to be and might vary from club to club, contract to contract.
Now I know.
It does.
Most contracts don’t have one at all.
But he managed to get that relatively low release clause in his contract.
His agent played a bit of a blinder there!...

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does.

I think this might be a bit of a trend with the very top players. Apparently one of the reasons he chose City was because they said they wouldn't stand in the way of his dream move to Real in a few years time, so he might insist on a relatively low release clause at every stage of his career.

And if you're being bought for a relatively low price, it gives you further ammo to say you need to be overpaid in wages, of course.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
G
Now I know.
every player can have a different amount in their release clauses. Sometime it can be completely unrealistic and is part of the negotiation with the player. it could even vary from country to country so, for example, the release clause for selling someone to a rival in the same league could be higher than one for a club bidding from abroad. If met it has to be honoured by the selling club, it’s a contractual clause.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this might be a bit of a trend with the very top players. Apparently one of the reasons he chose City was because they said they wouldn't stand in the way of his dream move to Real in a few years time, so he might insist on a relatively low release clause at every stage of his career.

And if you're being bought for a relatively low price, it gives you further ammo to say you need to be overpaid in wages, of course.
It’s part of the reason Bosmam had such a massive impact on wages, I’m coming for free so I’ll have some of the money you would have paid in transfer fee. When Moyes was at Everton everyone marvelled at their low transfer fees but their wage bill was in the top 6 as what they saved on transfer fees they paid in wages and attracted players who were running down or had run down their contracts.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

£375,000 per week! More than some people earn in 10 years!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
G

every player can have a different amount in their release clauses. Sometime it can be completely unrealistic and is part of the negotiation with the player. it could even vary from country to country so, for example, the release clause for selling someone to a rival in the same league could be higher than one for a club bidding from abroad. If met it has to be honoured by the selling club, it’s a contractual clause.
That’s kinda what I was thinking…..release clauses could be all different but in this case I thought the £65m was only a minimum. I just assumed so or that Haaland and Dortmund had voluntarily updated the figure over the last year or so.
The devil is in the details, I guess.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t SEB have a release clause which was low and didn’t someone (Holloway) let Mick know what it was as he had the hump with Plymouth

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t SEB have a release clause which was low and didn’t someone (Holloway) let Mick know what it was as he had the hump with Plymouth
1.5M was it?
Suggesting that about the Youngest EVER Player to score 20 goals in the Champions League is rather a bold move...
Was a slight joke but of course look at Sancho. If he clicks straight away we will need new underwear and the other 18 clubs too

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does.
Not really - no clause and he wouldn’t have gone there. Dortmund have pocketed 40m Euros and had him for two years. A good deal for them and the player.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really - no clause and he wouldn’t have gone there. Dortmund have pocketed 40m Euros and had him for two years. A good deal for them and the player.
Exactly!
Going somewhere he could continue to develop and grow his reputation with a low clause to allow him to move and demand massive wages??
How’s that not a blinder by the agent?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly!
Going somewhere he could continue to develop and grow his reputation with a low clause to allow him to move and demand massive wages??
How’s that not a blinder by the agent?
It was a good deal for player and club. Not sure it was a blinder as it was the agent equivalent of an open goal. Being the agent for a generational talent is a walk in the park. If you’re looking for an agent that’s played a blinder Google who Hwang’s agent is!

D

Deleted member (smith)

The cost of a player is salary and transfer payments amortized. Since Bosman more and more players have realized that high salary is better for them than a high transfer fee. Hence some top -layers could be very cheap( Messi. Moutinho)but command a high salary….the club wants the release clause high to tie down the player, but the player wants a low release so he can choose his destination and salary.This value was negotiated in the contract with Dortmund because they knew he would be leaving .without that clause he may have cost 150 million but be worth a lower salary as a result.

Makes clear sense when you know the system.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s interesting that when Man Utd sign a player it’s say £80m for Maguire (I.e his transfer fee), but when Man City sign Haaland the media are reporting it’ll cost £250m over the length of his contract. Just because Man City sign superstar for £51m doesn’t exactly fit the narrative does it.

Obviously because it’s oil money out of the owners pocket it’s frowned upon, but rinsing parents across the world for your tat made in sweat shops and throwing absurd amounts at players like Fred, Maguire, Pogba etc is absolutely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom