Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be completely surprised if Neves stays as next season's Captain and Coady is sold to Newcastle for serious money.
I can't see Newcastle with the market that has opened up for them with their funding and now assured PL football not having far better options than Conor Coady, especially for the finance involved. Coady wouldn't even offer them youth in a fairly old team.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Newcastle with the market that has opened up for them with their funding and now assured PL football not having far better options than Conor Coady, especially for the finance involved. Coady wouldn't even offer them youth in a fairly old team.
Coady is a leader and could help Newcastle I’m told those links in January was true see what happens regarding this summer window… it’s possible

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been having a think about this lately and whilst I don't normally like to post pure speculation here goes.

With Tielemans out of contract I see him as the prime choice for either Arsenal or United, any team needing a midfielder in fact will snap him up at a cut price.

If it's United I can't see Arsenal stumping up the £60m+ we are going to want and should be asking as a minimum for Neves.

Leaving a possibility that Neves may actually stay and hopefully not run down his contract.

Sheff UTD have secured the play offs and I'm hoping they come up and take MGW off ya for £30m~ what with the money they were happy to spend on Brewster I think we could ask for that in add ons.

Saiss is gone but we have Toti, Mosquera, Boly and Kilman.

2 of each left and right footers, plus Sanderson and Giles.

I imagine Hoever goes out on loan somewhere, maybe Sanderson too.

Moutinho apparently wants to stay but we still need two centre mids I think.

Adama is surely going to leave for a cut price fee now but do we sign Trincao?

I would take the risk but not at the fee quoted, perhaps another years loan but we still need another ten.

I reckon a centre mid a number ten and a striker is realistic, maybe a centre half.

Pure speculation and my brain unravelling onto paper of course.
There's no chance any team is paying £30m for MGW!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kids can prove themselves in the championship and then we can talk about them being part of our squad.
Quite. MGW has earned it, the shirt should be fairly offered to him to fight for if that’s what he wants.
Bueno looks class at that level, but looked hopelessly naive in preseason against half-fit pros. Different game.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours of Podence leaving. Don't know of the truth of this but I do wonder. He's a very good player when things work for him but seems very injury prone.
I'd like him to stay. Good player but gets knocks all the time.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Rumours of Podence leaving. Don't know of the truth of this but I do wonder. He's a very good player when things work for him but seems very injury prone.
He’s been very quiet on his social media and the injury updates are very vague.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I'm sure there was talk of Podence wanting to leave as early as last summer as he hadn't really settled well in England. Hope it's not true. Really like him, and when he's fit he's a key player for us. He's often compared to Eden Hazard and I can see why.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to play with quick wingers that can cross a ball, then it makes sense to employ a 6ft something striker that can head a ball as opposed to a midget with balance issues.

Too much?

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Ok. If there is a semblance of truth in this, would we recoup the £16mill fee? Not too sure.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence is great at times, but does have injury issues and lacks a bit of consistency.....ideally I would keep over hwang ....but if we can get guedes n Rafa Silva for me podence can go....m

I think Podence injury issues are the main reason for his inconsistency.

He has a run in the starting 11, plays well, and is then injured.

This has happened too often. Is he just injury prone?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read a report this morning that Xavi is looking to move on Puig (as we know) and also Nico this summer. I wonder if they could come into play for any deal for Neves.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Read a report this morning that Xavi is looking to move on Puig (as we know) and also Nico this summer. I wonder if they could come into play for any deal for Neves.
Just thinking it through the other way around, if they want Neves it's the asking price or nothing plus they must take Adama and give us Trincao and Puig in exchange.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just thinking it through the other way around, if they want Neves it's the asking price or nothing plus they must take Adama and give us Trincao and Puig in exchange.
Why are people so excited about Puig. He has rarely played since Xavi has gone there and there doesn’t seem to be a clamour for him to play.

It’s like Man U, City and Liverpool, if they’re on Barca’s books people think they must be good. No one ever thinks they have average squad players who are no better than what they’ve got. We fell for it several times when in the championship starting with Ferguson. He’d won a championship medal, Wolves came in a he proved why he’d been sold, he just wasn’t very good. Even Coady wasn’t a very good midfielder when he left Liverpool and he’s had the career he’s had thanks to Nuno (and his own application).

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Why are people so excited about Puig. He has rarely played since Xavi has gone there and there doesn’t seem to be a clamour for him to play.

It’s like Man U, City and Liverpool, if they’re on Barca’s books people think they must be good. No one ever thinks they have average squad players who are no better than what they’ve got. We fell for it several times when in the championship starting with Ferguson. He’d won a championship medal, Wolves came in a he proved why he’d been sold, he just wasn’t very good. Even Coady wasn’t a very good midfielder when he left Liverpool and he’s had the career he’s had thanks to Nuno (and his own application).
It's a bit of realism in play. The truth is Barca won't pay for Traore and it's unlikely that anyone else will bid the £29m we were talking about so get a couple of young players with potential that will grow in value rather than accept Adama back on diminishing returns. Don't think Puig is the answer to our midfield but he could offer an alternative.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's that from? I'd be gutted if Podence left. I think he's a brilliant brilliant player

I think he's great too.

But if we bring in players like Guedes and Pedrinho, Podence could fall down the pecking order a bit.

Add to that the fact that he's nowhere near fit enough, for long enough, and we may have seen the end of him.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Nico is alright. Reminds me of Oriol Romeu

I think he's great, only 20 too. Tall, good feet, decent turn of pace. I don't see the Romeu comparison tbh but all about opinions!

On the subject of Romeu. He's always been a player that I've quite liked.

Has a decent pedigree, good on the ball and for any club looking for that midfield defensive shield, they could do a lot worse!

Is also very aggressive and we've been missing that sort of player for some time.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the subject of Romeu. He's always been a player that I've quite liked.

Has a decent pedigree, good on the ball and for any club looking for that midfield defensive shield, they could do a lot worse!

Is also very aggressive and we've been missing that sort of player for some time.
Palhinha is very similar,..

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big fan of Podence, but spends half his time on the deck or the treatment table. One we could definitely at least get our fee back on and invest into someone better

Reactions: Ian

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
City confirm Haaland!

Really can't see anyone getting close to them for a few years now, 60 million fee apparently aswell could've bought 3/4 of Harry Maguire for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom