Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyR

Reaction score
Silva will have his breakthrough season this time, I’m convinced.
Playing tonight for the U21s which will be worth a watch.

I know it was against a **** (at the time) Forest, but watching Silva, MGW and Podence tear through that Forest defence was magic. Add in another attacker if going 4 ATB and it'll be an exciting season ahead. I'd happily concede more goals if it went we scored more.

I'm not from the area so getting to a match is costly. I worked it out that I spent nearly £320 on tickets ALONE before I saw my first goal at Molineux. And they were against teams lower than us too e.g. Norwich, Southampton, Watford, Burnley. Add in flights, hotels, food & drink and it was an expensive goal.. and it wasn't even a great one.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm not really sure about the quality of some of the players we are being linked with (Henry, Almeida, Oliviera) but others (Palhinha, Guedes, Inacio - who would be the ideal defender if we are to go to a four) seem a bit better.
Looks like Guedes is being offered to Roma with Bruno also wanting/desperate for him

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think you are barking up the wrong tree with this one.....I reckon we looked at a quick loan deal in January as it was a cheap, easy fix...

There hasn't been anything of note , since the premier league stopped it..... surely it would have been done by nw if true ....

what part of waiting for the window to open,dow ya understand. :tonguewink:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Inacio be ready to be a starter in the premier league?
Only 20, he’s also another left footer, not sure he is exactly what we need right now.
* admittedly I’ve never seen him play! and know nothing about him!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 20, he’s also another left footer, not sure he is exactly what we need right now.
I did think this too but wr have seen Kilman, Saiss and Boly play either side over the last few seasons so I’m not sure that matters as much as it did.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Inacio talk is heating up, that suggests Coady going nowhere.
Inacio and Kilman little experience in a 4, or that much experience full stop in terms of organising themselves as a pair.
So we may be looking at something more akin to the old Boly-Coady-Bennet trio, with more pace and ball-playing ability.

Makes the need for Palinha even more desperate though, to cover huge distances in midfield.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% would be ready starter for the Premier League already a regular for Sporting and has been linked to some big sides (linked with Man Utd this summer), if and big if he joined would be one of the first names in our starting line for sure in my opinion...

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If the club is sticking with a back three I'd say take him in a heartbeat. But if we're moving to a four I'm less convinced. He's shorter and slower than the targets I'd pictured Bruno wanting, and not great in aerial duels. Still, I trust their judgement, if we sign him, welcome to the club.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Worth noting Sporting have also just signed a new centre back so could be his replacement maybe?
Sporting fans have St Juste coming in to be placed in the RCB spot of their back 5 formation whereas Inacio plays LCB. Believe Inacio has played on the right before though when he first broke into the team mainly due to their lack of options at RCB, hence the St. Juste signing this summer

06021C88-5103-4E7E-9839-B574F8763FD0.jpeg

Last edited:

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s never going back though. It’s done.

It’s like saying Neves only cost £15m, how much for Silva again? We really need to move on from this mentality as a fan base.
I agree. Poor kid is shoehorned into every conversation, it's tiresome. Yes it was a big outlay and a gamble but I see enough in him to think he will be worth that or more in a couple of years. It wasn't his fault Raul nearly died and he hasn't been trusted with consistent game time

And yes we could have used the money elsewhere, we didn't, move on.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't Sporting say early doors that there'll be no outgoings till after the International football?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inacio is starting for Portugal U21 at 2. No official TV coverage unfortunately.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the Portuguese guys are mainly top drawer people I can’t help but think we can have too many at once. Squads can benefit from different cultures, different mentalities and approaches. Too much of the same can be a bad thing.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sign Inacio, Palhinha and Guedes I would consider us to be back feasting at Mendes' top table which is where we need to be if we are to continue improving.
Maybe that’s him returning the favour for the money he’ll make on Neves going?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst the Portuguese guys are mainly top drawer people I can’t help but think we can have too many at once. Squads can benefit from different cultures, different mentalities and approaches. Too much of the same can be a bad thing.
I disagree, I think having a good number of one nationality helps those coming anew into the squad.
I bet the high number of Portuguese is a major help if we were to attract Iniaco .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom