Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mid july..... the season starts 6th august it doesnt give much time for new singings to intergrate.
Clubs will know we are a sell to buy club. They'll keep us waiting as long as they can knowing at some point we'll accept lower offers for players as we have no choice if we want to bring in new faces before the window shuts.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Celtic, Wolves and West Brom are tracking St Pauli goalkeeper Nikola Vasilj. His suitors are set to watch Vasilj in action for Bosnia during this month's Nations League games.

Source: Pete O’Rourke

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Celtic, Wolves and West Brom are tracking St Pauli goalkeeper Nikola Vasilj. His suitors are set to watch Vasilj in action for Bosnia during this month's Nations League games.

Source: Pete O’Rourke

Why let a back up keeper go on a free to then buy one

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Corriere del Veneto in Italy are reporting Wolves have meeting with Venezia in next few days regarding transfer of Thomas Henry .. Veneezia are believed to want €15m while Wolves are supposed to have offered €10m but the paper believes a compromise will not be a problem .. he meets Bruno's profile of a 6ft 4 ins target man

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corriere del Veneto in Italy are reporting Wolves have meeting with Venezia in next few days regarding transfer of Thomas Henry .. Veneezia are believed to want €15m while Wolves are supposed to have offered €10m but the paper believes a compromise will not be a problem .. he meets Bruno's profile of a 6ft 4 ins target man
He was someone that was mentioned earlier. I was doubtful originally. He’s developed late in his career as he scored a shed load in the Belgium leagues including the top division before moving to Italy. Venezia were relegated and he scored 9 goals which turns out to be 25% of their total league goals and assisted 3 more so was involved in 33% of their league goals. There are plenty of highlights of him and their games. A particularly interesting one is versus local rivals Verona, 3-0 up in 30 minutes and lose 4-3. Imagine if that happened vs Albion.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having gone to Venice and left the wife to do the cultural stuff whilst I saw Venezia play - well, you can have too many canals - I try to catch them on the TV when possible.

Henry was OK, certainly one of the better players, in a not-very-impressive side this season. It's arguably a big step up to the PL, though having said that the Italian sides still have some decent defenders and his season stats don't look too bad.

GERRIMIN (perhaps)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he's going to be our starting striker it could be a problem but as a option off the bench or rotation then I'll be happy with it.

Looks decent

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it reasonable to assume we’re waiting for Utd to throw a big wad of cash at Barca for de Jong, then Ruben will go to them with the money they get to replace him and we then move for Palhinha?

De Jong > Utd
Neves > Barca
Palhinha > Wolves

Which is a chain that makes sense, but Barca still probably couldn’t afford Neves after that.
They don’t get to keep all of incoming transfer fees for squad expenditure, a sizeable percentage has to go to service debt.
They currently can’t afford to register the free transfers they’ve signed.

They were counting on the big Spotify based deal to be able to start splurging again, but that seems to be on the rocks.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's going to be our starting striker it could be a problem but as a option off the bench or rotation then I'll be happy with it.

Looks decent
I would be worried with him as a regular starter. But off the bench with 5 subs it’s probably worth it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he could be quite decent to be fair looks better than the Strasbourg forward

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's assume we were always going to try and sign Palinha regardless of what happens with Neves.

If we then sell MGW, Donk, Adama and, say Sanderson for a total of about £60M but kept Neves. Would that be considered good business?

Obviously this is separate to our issues with a striker and defenders which I would hope we're looking to do something about as well.
Much as I would love us to keep Neves, our owners lack of ambition resulting in our not playing in Europe makes it almost inevitable that he will go.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

He was someone that was mentioned earlier. I was doubtful originally. He’s developed late in his career as he scored a shed load in the Belgium leagues including the top division before moving to Italy. Venezia were relegated and he scored 9 goals which turns out to be 25% of their total league goals and assisted 3 more so was involved in 33% of their league goals. There are plenty of highlights of him and their games. A particularly interesting one is versus local rivals Verona, 3-0 up in 30 minutes and lose 4-3. Imagine if that happened vs Albion.
No idea who he is so thought I’d check him out, big ****ing unit isn’t he. The one thing I did notice was the Venezia black kit is one of the best looking kits going.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea who he is so thought I’d check him out, big ****ing unit isn’t he. The one thing I did notice was the Venezia black kit is one of the best looking kits going.
He is. His stats are slightly better in that Venezia only scored 34 goals last league season and Henry only started in something like 25 league games. Worryingly Who’s Scored say he’s very weak at holding onto the ball but that could be a consequence of others around him. Compare his contribution to Cutrone and it’s night and day. Possibly offer them Cutrone in exchange.

modenawolf

Reaction score
A french striker, wears no. 14, called T. Henry... we should be all over this! :)

Got a decent touch for a big man and definitely likely to leave now that Venezia have been relegated. The late bid for Kieffer Moore last year and recent links to Ludovic Ajorque at Strasbourg would suggest Bruno definitely wants a big target man as part of the squad.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ricardo Horta has a 15m euro buyout for foreign clubs, surely we'd be all over that ?

Flog Traore to Valencia for Guedes, sell off Podence and bring in Horta, would be a great bit of business

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we could see RAN depart this summer?
If we could get good money for him I would not object too much. Although he is still young and has improved his attacking play lacks end product and he is still somewhat weak defensively.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is. His stats are slightly better in that Venezia only scored 34 goals last league season and Henry only started in something like 25 league games. Worryingly Who’s Scored say he’s very weak at holding onto the ball but that could be a consequence of others around him. Compare his contribution to Cutrone and it’s night and day. Possibly offer them Cutrone in exchange.
The incentive, for them, in a Cutrone exchange being....?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we could get good money for him I would not object too much. Although he is still young and has improved his attacking play lacks end product and he is still somewhat weak defensively.
I disagree, in my opinion he will go from strength to strength, even if he tailed off towards the end of the season. His performance against Salah in the home game was outstanding.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have been nagging on about needing changes for several windows ……well now they might get their wishes fulfilled.
I don’t see it as a bad thing. After two bad seasons, ( football qualitywise), some players leaving and new players arriving could be a positive catalyst.
I'm not sure those were the changes anyone's been nagging for ;) I do agree though that it could be a catalyst as this side/squad is in desperate need of freshening up. Still, I wouldn't want both of Neves and Moutinho plus our best striker to move on all at the same time. My worry is that we'll end up with a Portugal B/C team - no way that's good enough for competing in the PL, which has become the de facto world league.

modenawolf

Reaction score
We should hold on to RAN at all costs: has only shown it in glimpses - and needs to improve his fitness - but has enough quality to go to the very top.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Much as I would love us to keep Neves, our owners lack of ambition resulting in our not playing in Europe makes it almost inevitable that he will go.
Like I said before. It was a hypothetical question.

A "what if" scenario.

I know Neves will most likely leave but if we kept him at the expense of several others, what would people think?

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Henry would be like signing The Neck all those years ago
He's really not good enough, possibly as a late impact sub as there's going yo be 5 subs but I wouldn't be paying over a few million

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should hold on to RAN at all costs: has only shown it in glimpses - and needs to improve his fitness - but has enough quality to go to the very top.

He will go further than any other player we have. Selling him would make a mockery of our entire set up and alleged vision.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Henry would be like signing The Neck all those years ago
He's really not good enough, possibly as a late impact sub as there's going yo be 5 subs but I wouldn't be paying over a few million
The point about 5 subs is a very good one. Seems like a pretty good idea to have a big striker to chuck on when you need a goal, which isn’t so much of an issue with 5 subs.

Know nothing about this fella though.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well it depends how you see "quickly"
The window doesnt open for a week,and international agencies dont reopen till July
So if we are waiting for cash to come in it would be mid July before we can buy lol
Ofc we can tie deals up before that but will we ? I certainly hope so
Yes. All agreed. Getting commitments from players is the next step. I would like to see all our squad joined by Mid July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom