Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A lot can change in a month, especially when a few competitive games have been played.

Maybe Lage and Shi have decided Traore and Neves are too important to the team to sell.

Maybe the likes of killman and MGW are exceeding expectations.

These things may lead to a conclusion that not so many signings are needed?

Perhaps we’ll just get 1 or 2 with the Mir and OO money.
I suspect you may be bang on the money there. Kilman will have certainly exceeded expectations, a shoe in to be replaced early summer. Traore looks dangerous again, if only he could get that final ball sorted, neves is looking far better than the whole of last season, even moutinho has stepped up. With big dan coming back, mosquera and boly 2-3 weeks from fitness, all of a sudden the squad looks a lot stronger and is performing far better.

I would love 3 to 4 players coming in but would much rather 2, where they are good proper main presents, rather than ****ty stocking fillers.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I love my football and watched a lot of it pre pandemic but I’m always amazed how many fans can pass opinions on every foreign player we are linked with. Surely not that many are watching the french, Spanish and Portuguese match of the days every week?
It’s amazing right!

I’ll pipe up if we ever get linked with 1860 München or Cagliari as they are the only other teams I watch weekly and would feel confident to pass judgment on.... Diego Godin is still running round, Get him in!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other PL clubs apparently in for Juve's Weston McKennie as they are not interested in Spurs's loan option!!

I wonder if we are one of them given our long-term interest in him?

He would be exactly the type of midfield player we need.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. Things aren't anywhere near as bad as they maybe seemed earlier in the window and stuff is starting to settle down a bit.

But that said, we are still short of bodies. Any injury to key players and we will be in big trouble again if we don't have reliable understudies.
If we didn’t sell anyone then really it is only central midfield where we don’t have two players for each position.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. Things aren't anywhere near as bad as they maybe seemed earlier in the window and stuff is starting to settle down a bit.

But that said, we are still short of bodies. Any injury to key players and we will be in big trouble again if we don't have reliable understudies.
Your last line is the key point. We couldn't rest a CB on Tuesday cause the other 2 we have are injured.

1 injury in midfield and the 2 who are left are playing every minute of every game (unless we try to force Gibbs-White or Saiss in there)

A knock for Raul which is probably more likely due to the lack of games and we've only got Fabio.

The 3 positions everyone talks about make total sense.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
John Percy is a pretty legitimate source, maybe we aren't so cash strapped where we need to sell to buy? Or maybe it is not a coincidence that the Neves rumor popped up this morning in the wake of Adama not being for sale.

Or we keep both, buy no one and Boly/Podence come back as "new signings"

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
Other PL clubs apparently in for Juve's Weston McKennie as they are not interested in Spurs's loan option!!

McKennie is absolute fire and I would die happy to have the best USA player not named Pulisic in a Wolves shirt

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but there are some serious footballer enclaves in Cheshire.
A lot of the Stoke players live on Wychwood Park which is in Cheshire by about a mile and a half.

Phil ‘The Potter’ Taylor used to live on there too between Tony Poolips and Ricardo Fuller.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't get me excited at the thought of a Botman, McKennie, Vinicuis signing as I will cry when it ends up being Phil Jones, Danny Drinkwater & Andy Carroll

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I've had a good think and I think that, due to the conditions of the market, we have been unable to get one or two potential deals over the line. Nonetheless we are more happy with the business we have done in this window, and the squad we have got, and look forward to supporting Bruno.

Do I win a prize?

View attachment 23491
B9153C21-7720-4BEC-8D53-3141E3021FA3.jpeg

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
This could be like our first goals of the season, we wait for ages then two come along at once…
Wolves to announce two new signings tomorrow?

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mckennie is from Denton in Texas where I lived for a while back in my uni days. Sign him up. He's very good.

Ticks all the boxes. Has the makings of a generational talent!

Sounds like he's out of our price range though unless we receive a big fee

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the greatest injury track record. A history of muscular skeletal issues.... Was being linked with ManUre earlier in the summer.

He may also struggle to pass the no ******** policy

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope Jeff doesn’t **** this up!! We were told it was going to be a busy week ahead on Sunday and have seen nothing but tumble weeds!!
But that’s what we will see until the club makes an announcement. It may well be busy but there is nothing to tell anyone. If you do a business deal you don’t a) broadcast what you are doing to all and sundry, including the competition, on a daily basis b) advertise your hand too early c) rush things because some stakeholders want things to move quicker. Jeff himself said 2 years ago that 95% of things in the press and on social media are rubbish and completely made up as we’ve not even considered certain players.

what I expect is a random leak/report from someone on Twitter when the deal is done which will then grow quickly and be confirmed 12 hours later. That is how Neves, Jota, Bonatini, Boly, Neto,Jordan, Cutrone etc were announced. Nothing mentioned then bang announcements made - in the case of Jota and Boly I think the belief was that they’d turned us down. So providing that promised pictures are released in a timely fashion there is still 6 days to go.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that’s what we will see until the club makes an announcement. It may well be busy but there is nothing to tell anyone. If you do a business deal you don’t a) broadcast what you are doing to all and sundry, including the competition, on a daily basis b) advertise your hand too early c) rush things because some stakeholders want things to move quicker. Jeff himself said 2 years ago that 95% of things in the press and on social media are rubbish and completely made up as we’ve not even considered certain players.

what I expect is a random leak/report from someone on Twitter when the deal is done which will then grow quickly and be confirmed 12 hours later. That is how Neves, Jota, Bonatini, Boly, Neto,Jordan, Cutrone etc were announced. Nothing mentioned then bang announcements made - in the case of Jota and Boly I think the belief was that they’d turned us down. So providing that promised pictures are released in a timely fashion there is still 6 days to go.
126 hours including a match day and travel for international fixtures

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Would be ideal next to Neves

Reaction score
Without counting loans to permanents (as the initial loans have already been counted), since Fosun took over they have signed 43 first team players up to, but not including this summer's transfer window.

Of those 43 first team players, 11 were signed in the last 2 days of transfer windows, just over 25%.

The figures are slightly watered down by the first 2 seasons, when 25 players were signed in total.

The Premier League seasons have seen 18 players arrive, 5 of those in the last 2 days of windows, just under 28%.

We have signed 3 first team players so far in this window, not including Ait Nouri's loan to permanent (Sa, Mosquera and Trincao).

So if the figures are applied to this window, we should expect 1 more signing in the last 2 days of the window!
I tip my hat to you, love these stats. Thank you, I can rest easy now and wait till Monday :).

Back
Top Bottom