Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer transfer window - 2021 Deadline Day passed...

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still bemused that people don't seem to understand what happened after we qualified for the Europa League.

I don't know what would be more depressing - that so many people are too stupid to understand this, or that they actually don't want to understand it/ignore it, because it fits their biases.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Josh Holland

“I’m told Theo Corbeanu and Taylor Perry could leave Wolves on loan sooner rather than later. League One looks a likely destination”
Possibly Rotherham for Perry? Their manager was in the press recently saying he was hoping to sign a midfielder on loan from a premier league club, but had to wait until the club's players were all back from international duty and extended breaks after the euros.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what would be more depressing - that so many people are too stupid to understand this, or that they actually don't want to understand it/ignore it, because it fits their biases.

There needs to be a sticky thread at the top of the forum to be honest of the explanations above. I read one more post claiming we are ran by lying dodgy supervillains because we aren’t spending £100 million this year like Villa I’m going to scream

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do not sell coady. He is a proper captain. Ability is good but leadership is so important.
Love Coady but…
Would you be happy with Neves as the captain and new £20 million centre back if Coady went.
We have Moutinho to help perhaps captain off the field.
I could particularly if Coady wants to do it.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still bemused that people don't seem to understand what happened after we qualified for the Europa League.

UEFA have a stricter set of FFP rules as has already been said. We failed the FFP test because of our losses in the Championship-winning season.

To avoid harsher sanctions we committed to a "break even settlement" which allowed us to make a £30M loss in the first year, followed by an overall position after three years of breaking even.

The fact that we haven't subsequently qualified for UEFA competition is irrelevant, we basically signed a contract that committed us to the restrictions and makes us subject to UEFA sanction if we breach the agreement.

It's not an excuse, it's an actual thing that happened and we're still dealing with the ramifications until the end of this coming accounting year.
Thank you . Clear as day.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watch the betting odds it all helps to build up a picture along with many other things.

Wolves have remained absolutely static since early June .
In order the following have improved their chances in the last few months.
Brentford, Villa, Southampton, Palace, Brighton,

Whereas Arsenal Spurs , Norwich , Watford and Newcastle have dropped the most.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So as some posters are struggling to get why some of us don't understand why UEFA FFP is holding us back.

I get our hands are tied in regards to this ... but if the club knew this (as so many of you like to point out) then why oh why did we spend £35m on an 18 year old tea boy?

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So as some posters are struggling to get why some of us don't understand why UEFA FFP is holding us back.

I get our hands are tied in regards to this ... but if the club knew this (as so many of you like to point out) then why oh why did we spend £35m on an 18 year old tea boy?

Let me ring Jeff and ask him.

Oh wait you mean our player Fabio? There’s an ask wolves video where Jeff explains why.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

UEFA have a stricter set of FFP rules as has already been said. We failed the FFP test because of our losses in the Championship-winning season.

To avoid harsher sanctions we committed to a "break even settlement" which allowed us to make a £30M loss in the first year, followed by an overall position after three years of breaking even.

The fact that we haven't subsequently qualified for UEFA competition is irrelevant, we basically signed a contract that committed us to the restrictions and makes us subject to UEFA sanction if we breach the agreement.

It's not an excuse, it's an actual thing that happened and we're still dealing with the ramifications until the end of this coming accounting year.
I had so much joy at the game yesterday, so much positivity, winning, scoring 2, scoring first half. But now: So basically, others teams spent more than us in the championship, Villa ‘sell’ their ground, spent a fortune in year one in the premier league, survive as goal line technology wasn’t switched on and we get sanctioned for having the misfortune ti qualify for Europe. So there isn’t much point us trying to qualify for Europe if we get sanctioned for getting there. We can’t buy players as we have to sell our best ones first and only buy young ones for future. Season tickets Prices gone up, membership farce, everyone wants to leave, no one wants to come, everyone is injured, everyone wants a smaller stadium as we don’t want to move by the .M54, everyone hates Vinny.
Happy Mondays - missed anything? Oh yeah, relegation candidates

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I personally have no idea as to the inner workings of Jeff Shi's mind and the other officials responsible for business strategy, recruitment and spending, nor would I expect to. The wisdom (or lack of) of any particular signing has nothing to do with it.

Whether we agree with how the funds are spent or not is irrelevant to the actual fact that we're operating under financial restrictions compared to other clubs. This is an indisputable, widely reported set of facts, not some sort of conspiracy designed to allow Fosun to withdraw their financial support.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s a fair question but the club have answered it more than once. You can choose to believe he is or is not a “generational talent” or fair value, but that’s the reason he was purchased. A better question to ask is whether it made good business sense to invest in his future talent last year given other competing needs? In my view it was a gamble and Raul’s injury followed by others, probably suggests it wasn’t in hindsight.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m still coming to terms with the fact the club knew this and decision to sign Fabio Silva for 37 MILLION when they knew he wasn’t ready for the first team.

Absolutely ludicrous decision making by Jeff

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had so much joy at the game yesterday, so much positivity, winning, scoring 2, scoring first half. But now: So basically, others teams spent more than us in the championship, Villa ‘sell’ their ground, spent a fortune in year one in the premier league, survive as goal line technology wasn’t switched on and we get sanctioned for having the misfortune ti qualify for Europe. So there isn’t much point us trying to qualify for Europe if we get sanctioned for getting there. We can’t buy players as we have to sell our best ones first and only buy young ones for future. Season tickets Prices gone up, membership farce, everyone wants to leave, no one wants to come, everyone is injured, everyone wants a smaller stadium as we don’t want to move by the .M54, everyone hates Vinny.
Yes we were victims of our own success.

Yes, it sucks and it's unfair but complaining about it won't make a blind bit of difference.

As I understand it it's basically what's known as a "summary offence" i.e. there's no defence, no mitigating circumstances are considered. It's a calculation and if it doesn't add up, you fail the test and are punished accordingly.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well if you look at the investigation of the proceeds i dont think its £35m upfront, jeff has also explained that in the footballing circle he was touted as the next golden boy and we wanted to take the opportunity to get him, watch any preseason, looks like he is quicker and bigger and to be honest progressing quite nicely.

Direct comparison for u20s saka/greenwood

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We no doubt are looking at loan to buy deals for this window, similar to the deals we have done in the past for Dendoncker and Jimenez and Trincao this season.

While that defers the transfer fee for us until after our UEFA sanctions, it also defers much needed fees for other clubs, desperate to get money through the door ASAP.

I'd imagine that means a lot of our targets will be touted around to other clubs first, who are willing to buy them now. If no buyers are found, they resort to the loan to buy deal as an unpalatable alternative. Similar to how we tried to find buyers for Cutrone before finally settling for loan to buys.

What that means is that it could see a lot of our business goes right to the wire!!

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a fair question but the club have answered it more than once. You can choose to believe he is or is not a “generational talent” or fair value, but that’s the reason he was purchased. A better question to ask is whether it made good business sense to invest in his future talent last year given other competing needs? In my view it was a gamble and Raul’s injury followed by others, probably suggests it wasn’t in hindsight.
it made sense with the new brexit regulations, if we didn't sign him when we did, we wouldn't have been able to sign him afterwards

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching SSN and it seems most clubs have done **** all so far. Hopefully things start ramping up during the week. Knowing now that our restrictions are lifted at the end of this season I would whacking the loans with obligations to buy out of so it doesn’t matter if we pay big fees summer next year.

if tx business was so easy I suppose !!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only comment on this is how does he fit into a Lage side. If he doesn’t then I can see it happening.

Having said that Coady IS Wolves and, as mentioned, is the heart and soul of this team.

It’ll properly be all over if he goes. Won’t ever feel the same again with him not in the team.

Coady lives in the NW still and commutes to Wolves daily. I think this is part of the attraction for him as his family is settled there - I would be surprised if Tottenham wanted him and whether it would be a move that he wants.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramsey is a BIG NO from me.
Injury prone and massive wages.
He doesn't want to come and we don't want him!!!
Agree with most of this, other than 'we don't want him'. Please don't think you speak for all Wolves' fans.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Coady lives in the NW still and commutes to Wolves daily. I think this is part of the attraction for him as his family is settled there - I would be surprised if Tottenham wanted him and whether it would be a move that he wants.
Are you sure ?He was living in a new build near Aldersley last I heard .

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ramsey is a BIG NO from me.
Injury prone and massive wages.
He doesn't want to come and we don't want him!!!

I would absolutely take him IF the money is right. Might need rested a few times - I'm fine with that. This season we want a midfielder who will improve the team immediately, but we also want youngsters to get game and development time. If Ramsey came in, the quality of the starting 11 would improve. Then managing his fitness to avoid injury would mean some of our talented youngsters would get opportunities.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:D Happy Monday indeed!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m still coming to terms with the fact the club knew this and decision to sign Fabio Silva for 37 MILLION when they knew he wasn’t ready for the first team.

Absolutely ludicrous decision making by Jeff
Wouldn't have counted as £35M straight on the accounts though. Would have been £7M, we've been through all this before.

Back
Top Bottom