Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly straw clutching to suggest the media may not be 100% accurate on transfer rumours.
Every year people lose it over rumours, in and out. Every year the hit rate is probably about 10%., if that.
Is what it is. Was what it was. What will be will be. Forever Wolves ay we.

Wow I’m now a poet. All part of the rollercoaster club we love

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb to say that we needs to improve on certain positions this season and not buy back up.

CB - need to replace Dawson with a strong leader in the centre of defence
MID - need to retain Gomes, but bring in someone who will improve on Lemina
AM - Need two decent wide attacking midfielders better than Sarabia and more reliable than Neto (injury wise)
FWD - obviously retain Cunha and Hwang, but we need a huge improvement of Kalajdzic and Fabio

That is four upgrades we need to have as soon as possible before anyone other than those fringe/loanees leave. Then should we sell the likes of Kilman, Gomes, Cunha, Neto, Air-Nouri, I would anticipate that we have a pipeline of identified replacements to work though in the European and South American leagues

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utd needed to re-set for years now. A fresh start under a new manager with a new set of players led by I presume Bruno Fernades. They'll still finish way behind the top 4 and possibly behind Toon, Chelsea and Villa. I'd like to think we'll be pushing them next season.
For the good of the team Fernandes should be the first out of the door imo. Which is why I hope they keep him.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another season of transition since Nuno left. Have to blame Fosun. Changing the goal posts constantly and our financial model??
There is always the bit inbetween. Extremes are your middle name mind!
It slightly concerns me that the powers that be may believe that because Dawson worked out every such move will. Similarly with GON and succession planning....
you do realise the reverse is also true.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The table published showed us as the 17th club on player wages. What makes you think any club in the top ten will pay less than us in wages?

So it’s free transfers, championship or South American signings I would suggest with maybe one Mendes favour coming in and three to four going out . Sa Neto Kilman and maybe Sarabia ?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we are seriously looking at players like Lewis Cook & Aaron Cresswell whilst selling off major assets we are going to turn into a Mick McCarthy team overnight.

The meltdown will be unbelievable
Agreed - we need to stop buying has been, and never will be ****e.

Cook is a steady passer but injury issues
Cresswell past his best slow and injury issues

Harrison Burrows & Josh Brownhill would be better if you wanted the free agent route as neither really suffer injuries!!

Clutching at straws and hoping these media outlets are wrong.
And then you suggest Josh brownhill - it’s like you have split personalities and they take it in turns on the keyboard!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And here… we… go.
Someone was telling me last night that they’d heard we’ve agreed a few big outgoing deals alreeady, and that Semedo and Sarabia could well be moving on too if we receive good deals. In their cases, I guess you could make an argument for this given their big wages and contract status? Big replacements would be needed though. They both have quality/experience

I wouldn’t be overly shocked if we were to see Sa to Saudi, Neto to Arsenal/Liverpool and Ait Nouri to City?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

And here… we… go.
This is absolute nonsense, we didn't actually have a fire sale last season, we sold players that wanted to go and players that were deemed surplus to requirements
We clearly have to sell to buy but we don't have to sell to keep the club out of sanctions.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is absolute nonsense, we didn't actually have a fire sale last season, we sold players that wanted to go and players that were deemed surplus to requirements
We clearly have to sell to buy but we don't have to sell to keep the club out of sanctions.
We know that we are going to have to sell to buy that’s our new model….

The stars will go and what not I’m sure we will get good prices

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seem to be a set of journalists out there who are determined to portray us as a club in decline and desperately stumbling from one crisis to another.

dnf14

Reaction score

And here… we… go.
Striker Yuri Alberto jets in tonight to sign for Wolves - Sources
For anyone worried, remember this little ditty from 3 months ago, several hours after we heard about the deal falling through from far more reputable sources.
I don't think O'Rourke has a Wolves source anymore.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seem to be a set of journalists out there who are determined to portray us as a club in decline and desperately stumbling from one crisis to another.
its because a lot of people are ready to eat it up and provide them the clicks they require, instantly believing it as fact. as others mentioned, its nothing we dont already know, just sensationalised. we still need to cut cloth and return back to an even footing

if people are expecting us to net spend 100m, they will be very mistaken

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi has said we will be more free this summer. Matt Hobbs has said we don’t have to sell anyone to meet FFP/P&S rules. We should not accept any narrative of a fire sale from anyone, it is absolute *******s and this constant desire from the media to portray us as a club in crisis and on fire is driving me insane.

Sell Neto, players out on loan and MAYBE a Jose Sa, Pablo Sarabia. Get a couple of frees for squad depth (Che Adams, Callum O’Hare) and spend the bulk of the money on a #1 centre forward and winger to replace Neto. Evolution, not revolution.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi has said we will be more free this summer. Matt Hobbs has said we don’t have to sell anyone to meet FFP/P&S rules. We should not accept any narrative of a fire sale from anyone, it is absolute *******s and this constant desire from the media to portray us as a club in crisis and on fire is driving me insane.

Sell Neto, players out on loan and MAYBE a Jose Sa, Pablo Sarabia. Get a couple of frees for squad depth (Che Adams, Callum O’Hare) and spend the bulk of the money on a #1 centre forward and winger to replace Neto. Evolution, not revolution.
It's as if some of them have never forgiven us for being bought by FOSUN, sacking Kenny Jackett and Lambert, being part of the Mendes carousel and getting the likes of neves, Jota and Moutinho on the cheap. While Nuno was in charge and we were doing well they couldn't say anything but now they see their chance to stick the knife in.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's people on this forum going on about selling this player, selling that player.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
I reckon a few will be off in the summer for decent money to be reinvested on younger players who will be developed then in 2/3 years they'll be off, rinse and repeat. Well make the odd "big" signing at a good age (probably from the mendes stable) to help out the young UN's but they'll also be moved on before the last year of their contract. We are now an established premier league club any investment from fosun will be on infrastructure when interest rates come down and/or investors come on board. The days of huge spending are gone not only for us but nearly all clubs except the very elite for awhile

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb to say that we needs to improve on certain positions this season and not buy back up.

CB - need to replace Dawson with a strong leader in the centre of defence
MID - need to retain Gomes, but bring in someone who will improve on Lemina
AM - Need two decent wide attacking midfielders better than Sarabia and more reliable than Neto (injury wise)
FWD - obviously retain Cunha and Hwang, but we need a huge improvement of Kalajdzic and Fabio

That is four upgrades we need to have as soon as possible before anyone other than those fringe/loanees leave. Then should we sell the likes of Kilman, Gomes, Cunha, Neto, Air-Nouri, I would anticipate that we have a pipeline of identified replacements to work though in the European and South American leagues
Improve on Lemina? Apart from a recent dip in form he’s been excellent.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's people on this forum going on about selling this player, selling that player.
TBF people are simply expressing their opinions as to possible ways forward to strengthen the squad.
I guess pretty much all of our players have been mentioned on here as potential departures this summer when the truth is that probably only 2 or 3 of the first choices might leave together with a few of the loanees. O'Rourke has simply bundled the lot together, declared 'Fire sale' and waited for the clicks...

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what I thought so it’s just sensational journalism

Back
Top Bottom