Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Improve on Lemina? Apart from a recent dip in form he’s been excellent.
Yes he is excellent, wears his heart on his sleeve and will play anywhere, but there's nothing wrong with bringing in better players to be able to progress. The point is that whilst we should have a pipeline of young players as a succession plan we should also make brave choices to improve and keep us moving up the league in the meantime.

It is after all a squad game and to have three top notch central midfielders in Gomes, Lemina and ANO supported by an improving trader and Doyle is where we should be and not having to rely on untried teenagers on the bench.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a really good player when you’ve got pace infront of him. Struggles to influence games when we have no pace however.

I’d want him just drifting all over the place with Neto, Cunha, Hwang all making runs.
This is how I see him too. If we went to a 4231 formation next season we would have a potent forward line with Sarabia linking things up nicely.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some great player comparisons tbf

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's people on this forum going on about selling this player, selling that player.
People have only suggested ways to be self sustainable which is what Hobbs has said who is actually employed by the club.

If the media want to read off here that’s fair enough. Hobbs also said every player has their price and we aren’t under the pressures of last season to sell.

However if prices match our valuations then things will happen naturally. We are now seen as a stepping stone club many would agree? We certainly aren’t European contenders.

The media will always sensationalise negatively after what happened with JL

We all know and expect certain players to leave!?

The media can print what they want. I’d rather take what Hobbs says than some two pence journalist who rarely gets anything right about Wolves.

It’s not all doom and gloom at all. We could lose 6-0 to Man City. It’s not all bad. We survived and we will continue surfing and surviving.

Trust Hobbs. Not Jeff or the BS media. They can write what they want.

Hobbsy will give us an end of season update I’m sure. Trust the process.

We am one pack ay we

@Northampton_wolf is Njinmah any good??

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes he is excellent, wears his heart on his sleeve and will play anywhere, but there's nothing wrong with bringing in better players to be able to progress. The point is that whilst we should have a pipeline of young players as a succession plan we should also make brave choices to improve and keep us moving up the league in the meantime.

It is after all a squad game and to have three top notch central midfielders in Gomes, Lemina and ANO supported by an improving trader and Doyle is where we should be and not having to rely on untried teenagers on the bench.
People on here go mental when we buy young players if they don’t immediately go into the first team and play brilliantly

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have only suggested ways to be self sustainable which is what Hobbs has said who is actually employed by the club.

If the media want to read off here that’s fair enough. Hobbs also said every player has their price and we aren’t under the pressures of last season to sell.

However if prices match our valuations then things will happen naturally. We are now seen as a stepping stone club many would agree? We certainly aren’t European contenders.

The media will always sensationalise negatively after what happened with JL

We all know and expect certain players to leave!?

The media can print what they want. I’d rather take what Hobbs says than some two pence journalist who rarely gets anything right about Wolves.

It’s not all doom and gloom at all. We could lose 6-0 to Man City. It’s not all bad. We survived and we will continue surfing and surviving.

Trust Hobbs. Not Jeff or the BS media. They can write what they want.

Hobbsy will give us an end of season update I’m sure. Trust the process.

We am one pack ay we

@Northampton_wolf is Njinmah any good??
I mean i cant hazard to suggest i know anything about a players worth, but hes quick scored 6 in 28 with 2 assists

Id say he looks alright, but choupo moting looked ****e for stoke and ends up scoring goals for bayern and now joselu doing the same for RM, its if he fits the mould and it work for Gary and the team

dnf14

Reaction score

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Skeptical of any reported interest in an article also stating there are ongoing contract talks, it always screams agent shenanigans to me.

Same - also skeptical for any article that has us and Everton in the same story. It’s a bit like when you see a list of all the midtable clubs being interested in the same player; it just screams of paper talk pushed out by an agent.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Semedo and Sarabia are both north of 100k a week so we aren't poor payers

Well we're 17th in the league now. And with Leicester up and potentially Leeds or Southampton to follow, we could quite easily drop into the bottom three.

There's been a clear strategy shift, so the days of big wages are long gone. I'd say those two are the biggest earners, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they both weren't at the club next season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we're 17th in the league now. And with Leicester up and potentially Leeds or Southampton to follow, we could quite easily drop into the bottom three.

There's been a clear strategy shift, so the days of big wages are long gone. I'd say those two are the biggest earners, and it wouldn't be a surprise if they both weren't at the club next season.
It’s a funny old world where we’re suggesting 50-70k per WEEK is a “small” wage!!!

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's total wages though. If it was divided by number of senior players I'm guessing we'd be higher

Back
Top Bottom