Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do worry that we are going to sell our quality players and replace them with grafters. The reason we have been pretty successful in this stint in the PL is because we have always had quality players, albeit in a small squad.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do worry that we are going to sell our quality players and replace them with grafters. The reason we have been pretty successful in this stint in the PL is because we have always had quality players, albeit in a small squad.
yeah i do agree. We may make X amount of profit but those sales with big fees are because those players are good lol.
Think we can all see Joao Gomes being the big one next year. Thats why we ideally should have their replacements at the club already, bedded in for when they leave. Thats how i see the conveyor belt working.
If we are to operate by trying to maximise profit, the replacements should be here ready to take the place of those leaving rather than sell and then buy a replacement who could be a dud.
Eg. If kilman was to go for big money then Bueno and Mosquera there to come in.
If Ait Nouri goes, im not sure who plays left back (Bueno?)? Ait nouri being a good example himself that Jonny was incumbent at the time but ait nouri got minutes so that he was able to develop into the starting player he is today.
Sell to buy is fine but the succession plan needs to be there. Squad needs more balance.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah i do agree. We may make X amount of profit but those sales with big fees are because those players are good lol.
Think we can all see Joao Gomes being the big one next year. Thats why we ideally should have their replacements at the club already, bedded in for when they leave. Thats how i see the conveyor belt working.
If we are to operate by trying to maximise profit, the replacements should be here ready to take the place of those leaving rather than sell and then buy a replacement who could be a dud.
If Ait Nouri goes, im not sure who plays left back (Bueno?)? Ait nouri being a good example himself that Jonny was incumbent at the time but ait nouri got minutes so that he was able to develop into the starting player he is today.
Sell to buy is fine but the succession plan needs to be there. Squad needs more balance.
The problem is that buying depth at the expense of quality ultimately rarely ends well.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately you only have to hear the groans when a ball is passed sideways or back to know that a lot of the crowd would prefer to see a bunch of grafters flying in to tackles and 'getting in to them' rather than quality possession football. Too many stuck in the days of 442 and launching the ball forward to the big man up front.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replacing Gomes with either of those two is like going from driving a Bugatti to a clapped out Nissan micra….
If we are seriously looking at players like Lewis Cook & Aaron Cresswell whilst selling off major assets we are going to turn into a Mick McCarthy team overnight.

The meltdown will be unbelievable

dnf14

Reaction score
If we are seriously looking at players like Lewis Cook & Aaron Cresswell whilst selling off major assets we are going to turn into a Mick McCarthy team overnight.

Can we wait until things actually happen before breaking out the pitchforks?

I just put a new finish on mine so I can't use it for another day or so.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It slightly concerns me that the powers that be may believe that because Dawson worked out every such move will. Similarly with GON and succession planning....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And doing that after the inevitable announcement of increased ticket prices yet again…..,

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It slightly concerns me that the powers that be may believe that because Dawson worked out every such move will. Similarly with GON and succession planning....
We will turn into whipping boys.
Can we wait until things actually happen before breaking out the pitchforks?

I just put a new finish on mine so I can't use it for another day or so.
I am happy to wait I’m just saying these type of players offer little quality
Managed decline at best.
17th objective once again and higher ticket prices. Absurd

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Ait Nouri to City, then Sergio Gomez would be an ideal replacement. Although, I reckon we will give Bueno the LB slot and buy a carthorse from West Ham.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately you only have to hear the groans when a ball is passed sideways or back to know that a lot of the crowd would prefer to see a bunch of grafters flying in to tackles and 'getting in to them' rather than quality possession football. Too many stuck in the days of 442 and launching the ball forward to the big man up front.
A lot of the time, the moaning is because of the lack of movement and ideas ahead of the ball. You can see it…’move’ you shout, but they’re like bloody statues. And then they pass back to Sa, who is to football skill, what Hitler was to world peace and harmony.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cook is steady and he's older now but he ain't in the same class as Pitbull.
Cook is a steady passer but injury issues
Cresswell past his best slow and injury issues

Harrison Burrows & Josh Brownhill would be better if you wanted the free agent route as neither really suffer injuries!!

Clutching at straws and hoping these media outlets are wrong.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the likes of United and Arsenal circling, he is probably our biggest asset.

If we need a big sale to fund like has suggested any midfield signing should he be the one to go would be the replacement
Midfield of (Bellegarde, Lemina, Bouba, Doyle, Cundle & Cook) would be more than enough.

If we got good money for Gomes

Let’s remember Bellegarde is not a forward or a winger… So that was a square peg round hole scenario from Gary and the clan.

Back
Top Bottom