Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the general tone on finances from most clubs, I'd imagine very little will happen until July.
Absolutely this.

The Euros is going to play a factor on any early transfers with players being away with National squads.
Those that need to sell for PSR accounting reasons, are more than likely setting up the deals now to announce on 14 June. But suspect the transfer window to get some traction 14th July onwards.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great for someone on here to confidently say to the Forum with some degree of ITK - Don't panic or worry - Fosun will be backing GON this summer with new players.

High School GIF

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So being an analyst of some repute why would you claim the clubs losses are alleged?
I am well able to read a balance sheet; accounting was a mandatory part of my masters. What l was questioning is whether said losses are "record" in real terms i.e. taking account of relative book figures, the net present value of money etc. Your initial comment lacked specificity.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am well able to read a balance sheet; accounting was a mandatory part of my masters. What l was questioning is whether said losses are "record" in real terms i.e. taking account of relative book figures, the net present value of money etc. Your initial comment lacked specificity.
It didn't. The losses are in the accounts submitted to companies house

Unless of course you think they're not official?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out here, in the past we've held onto players too long and not cashed in on them at the optimum time. Players such as Neves, Traore, Raul, jump to mind immediately. On the flip side we've done well with Jota and Nunes.

All that in mind (and my heart bleeds to say this) I do think that we may need to take the money and run on the following as they are at their peak with us in terms of value right now.

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m
Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

We could twist and go again but who knows what's around the corner.

The sentimental fan inside me would be in pieces to see these go, but as Brighton have shown its all about succession planning and as long as we have replacements lined up in a similar way to how we've recruited these players (no repeat of 2020) then that's over around £270m if there are buyers out there.

Stands back and awaits incoming.........

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
I'm going to stick my neck out here, in the past we've held onto players too long and not cashed in on them at the optimum time. Players such as Neves, Traore, Raul, jump to mind immediately. On the flip side we've done well with Jota and Nunes.

All that in mind (and my heart bleeds to say this) I do think that we may need to take the money and run on the following as they are at their peak with us in terms of value right now.

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m
Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

The sentimental fan inside me would be in pieces to see these go, but as Brighton have shown its all about succession planning and as long as we have replacements lined up in a similar way to how we've recruited these players (no repeat of 2020) then that's over around £270m if there are buyers out there.

Can I check on something… I’m not sure whether you are literally saying you think we should sell six of our starting first XI this summer?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a bit unfair.

We're the only club to continually raise prices in the Premier League over the past five years.

We justified initial price rises due to on-pitch success, so by that logic they should've gone down.

This is all pointless anyway to be honest, as the difference a price rise makes to any Premier League club is next to nothing in the big picture. But whatever, we won't change that ourselves.

I think in a realistic world, raising prices when the ground is poor and in some cases terrible - Steve Bull Stand, so no investment, and there's no net investment into the team, the ticket prices shouldn't go up.

We're fourth lowest for wage bill in the Premier League.
We've made around £80-100m in the windows this season?
It's accepted by almost everyone that the ground is not suitable in certain areas.

So, ticket prices is something we should all be on the same page with. They should not go up again.
There are only 4 clubs in the Prem with lower ticket prices than us,so to say we are somehow over pricing is a bit lame
While i agree ticket prices are a small part of the overall financial picture,we are not being ripped off in comparison to others

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Sergio Gomez any good in part exchange?
Very good at Anderlecht, 11 assists in consecutive seasons. However, Silva looked good in the Belgian league so take that with a pinch of salt I suppose. Barely been given a sniff at Man City over two years. They paid £10m and I don't think he's gained in value sitting on their bench for two years. Probably at a similar level to Bueno to be honest.

We should be asking for a massive fee for RAN, given we need to pay Angers £10m of any fee we get. His potential is Marcelo-esque.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m
Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

I get what you are saying, but if we lost all these I can't see us managing to replace all of them with players as good. We may be able to source 2 or 3 hidden gems, but I can't see us having to bring in 6 players to replace 6 of our best and maintain the quality. Our beat gamble is replacing maybe 2 with 1 quality player and a couple with potential

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very good at Anderlecht, 11 assists in consecutive seasons. However, Silva looked good in the Belgian league so take that with a pinch of salt I suppose. Barely been given a sniff at Man City over two years. They paid £10m and I don't think he's gained in value sitting on their bench for two years. Probably at a similar level to Bueno to be honest.

We should be asking for a massive fee for RAN, given we need to pay Angers £10m of any fee we get. His potential is Marcelo-esque.
Can you remember what % the sell on clause with Angers is? I imagine we'd be better off paying them the £10m though.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The losses aren't alleged they are in the accounts.

I must have missed the bit where a business needs to operate at a loss to have success and to gain investment.

And I must have missed the bit where I posted any of that.

Club simps make my skin crawl.
Outside of Spurs and an exceptional 2 years for Brighton profitable clubs don’t exist. Just some context: since EPL formation revenues have gone up by 2800% and costs by 3800% (c/o Kieran MacGuire). The single biggest factor why clubs don’t make money is they can’t control costs. As for the losses, unlike Brighton, Fosun have not taken a penny out of the club. Instead through a process of self-flagellation have converted £200m+ loans into equity. I might not know much, but if anyone seriously thinks Fosun hierarchy are content with leaving a semi-buffon in charge, think again.

As for ticket prices, only Crystal Palace have decided on a price freeze.

Post covid most clubs are playing catch up pricing.

Is Shi a good football executive - No. Has he made mistakes - Yes, several. Do Guo and co trust him - Yes.

BTW Fosun are not leaving any day soon.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you remember what % the sell on clause with Angers is? I imagine we'd be better off paying them the £10m though.
We couldn’t afford 20 million for RAN at the time so we paid 10 million with two options when he was sold on.
1. Give Angers 50% of the profit over 10 million.
2. Pay them 10 million upon sale making up the 10 million extra they originally wanted.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Chunha - c£65m
Hwang - c£25m
Neto - c£60m
Kilman - c£30m
Ait-Nouri - c£40m
Gomes - c£50m

Ait-Nouri is probably our most valuable asset along with Cunha. Neto is below those two for sure at this stage.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope we don’t lose both Neto and RAN in the summer.
If their heads are turned that’s the way it is . However that’s a significant war chest to strengthen the squad with and adhere to any financial rules . Add Kilman sale too which I think may hsppen

If so and Luton are relegated I would go for Kaminski and Morris
Mcatee from City plus Their Gomez left back plus a chunk of cash for RAN
Cash for Neto
Adams as a back up striker or , Jay Rodriguez who would suit our style I think and neither would cost the earth .

If Everton or Forest drop there will be a fire sale .
We should look at Bruno of Brazil at CH to replace Kilman
There are rumours of South American wingers to replace Neto in papers and online

Fabio Guedes Podence all sold too please .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
80 million is a big statement. We need to be more savvy like Brighton and get this big money. Hopefully a three way fight involving Chelsea could drive that price up.

We have to keep Cunha who is the difference maker and not injury prone.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So. We sell Gomes , Kilman , RAN , Neto , Fabio , Guedes and Hwang. What does that generate ? £225m ?
Bring in Adams , Morris and Gomes … which will cost £25m tops
Surely to goodness we have enough about us to sign another defender , midfielder and winger for about £80m and still have a **** load of money left over ??

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'm sorry but this guy and Hugo Bueno are definitely not at the same level.

I take it you haven't seen Gomez play ?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait-Nouri is probably our most valuable asset along with Cunha. Neto is below those two for sure at this stage.

100%. RAN's adaptability really does fit the modern playstyle that big clubs are desperate for, especially full-backs who are expected to step inside (inverted) and become makeshift midfielders. Man City would love him.

Back
Top Bottom