Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is worth more than Grealish, who cost over £100 million. £60m is too cheap.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well he's not, you have to consider the Homegrown aspect.
Grealish wasnt worth 100m at the time it was just the buyer sets a price they want to pay, its all subjective

neto is somewhere between 60m and 80m with addons making it up

Its likely all values and prices will go down with psr

Chelsea ruined the market with caicedo etc

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Morgan will play for England one day, maybe just once, maybe more, but I think he will. But definitely not this summer. Even if the squads are expanded to 26 which a lot of the managers have asked UEFA to consider, if you haven't played for them yet, can't see anybody getting a fresh call up out of nowhere for a tournament.

So agreed we'll likely miss that extra payment if Forest sell this summer.
Oh i agree, I think he will too. But not before he leaves NF like the OP asked.

He plays for a sky 6 club, he would have been capped with how well he is playing.

I recon he gets a cap in that first 12-18 months after he leaves them and goes to a bigger club if he stays on track

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would suggest we get Neymar in and just have a 6 point deduction .

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably just a re-hash of the previous link but a front three of Cunha-Wind-Hwang would be pretty exciting!

I hate myself for this but:

"The answer, my friend, is Cunha, Hwang and Wind... The answer is Cunha, Hwang and Wind."

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Neto would go tbh, regardless of the money - he wants to be the best in the world, so playing champions league is more important to him
I'm not so sure any more. The wages in Saudi are so much higher that any offer to the player has to be seriously considered by him - especially somebody with Neto's injury record so far. Every top player will have massive sporting ambition but it's amazing how much priorities can change when the money suddenly becomes real.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not so sure any more. The wages in Saudi are so much higher that any offer to the player has to be seriously considered by him - especially somebody with Neto's injury record so far. Every top player will have massive sporting ambition but it's amazing how much priorities can change when the money suddenly becomes real.
Saudi being tax free for footballers effectively doubles their salary too

Chriswwfc

Reaction score

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, morals and ambition likely go out the window when life changing money (even for footballers) gets dropped in your lap.
Agreed, I've been offered roles in the middle East and didn't accept, but would have been convinced to try it for the kind of money Saudi is offering players!

Reactions: Ned

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure ‘cynical’ is the right term. It’s virtually nailed on that Jeff has said something akin to that. I’d be shocked if he hasn’t.
Exactly, Fosun still own part of Gestifute. We know Neto is going to go if we get a high enough offer, so best to make sure there are as many bidders as possible!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, I've been offered roles in the middle East and didn't accept, but would have been convinced to try it for the kind of money Saudi is offering players!
Exactly. Neves would’ve earned a million tax free by the time they’d have unpacked the kettle and toaster. Another million before they’d found the nearest supermarket and another million before the grandparents could work out the funny postcode…! He’s probably that rich now, he doesn’t even bother thinking about money. And good for him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure ‘cynical’ is the right term. It’s virtually nailed on that Jeff has said something akin to that. I’d be shocked if he hasn’t.
He’d be stupid not to have sounded this out. I absolutely love Neto and would love him to stay BUT out of all the players we have who could attract big fees in the summer I would say that he’s the one that we could live without more than the others and the one we could replace more like for like than we could the others.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto is worth more than Grealish, who cost over £100 million. £60m is too cheap.

How is Neto worth more than Grealish? Whether we like to admit it or not, a player that spends at least a third and probably more out injured every season is not going to fetch a big fee. And Grealish is a very good player.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve got zero issue with Neto chasing money same as I didn’t when Neves did it. I get the argument about sporting integrity but ultimately when he ends up on 10 times the salary he’s on here tax free, that’s a lot to turn down. Footballers obviously earn a fortune but those sorts of increases can’t be ignored and much like Neves they’re both young enough to do 3 seasons and come back to Europe and play to win things

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is Neto worth more than Grealish? Whether we like to admit it or not, a player that spends at least a third and probably more out injured every season is not going to fetch a big fee. And Grealish is a very good player.
I'm not agreeing that Neto is as good as Grealish, different kind of player but Grealish is still much better, but he does have injury problems as well because of the way he draws fouls.

I think if Grealish was Brazilian he'd get a lot more plaudits than he does now. Wonderful footballer to watch when he's in full flow.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Grealish is a shadow of the player he was Villa. Doesn't take anyone on anymore and constantly plays the safe ball backwards.
A fit Neto for me everyday of the week.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grealish played 26 Premier League games the season he left Villa.
Neto is on 19, and should be back for the final few.

Grealish had injury issues in the Championship season, missing 33% of the games.

Don't get me wrong, Neto's injury history is worse, but Grealish had problems.

He also only had two years in the Premier League as a proven player, with his best return 16 goal contributions.
Neto has proven himself over a similar period, and is on 11 goal contributions in less games - admittedly fewer goals.

Grealish was about to turn 26 when he moved, Neto will be 24.

They're different players, but both quite clearly excellent. You could argue Grealish was a bit better as a player, and has a better injury record, so he should cost a bit more.

The idea that we should only get 50% of what Villa did is not one I could get on board with. I still think we have to be looking at £60-70m up front and add-ons.

The major difference is that Villa didn't want to sell, or at least made it seem that way, so City had to meet the release clause to bring him. I don't think we will show the same stance.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the benefit of hindsight yes....

But let's be honest Vinicious is complete **** ...been dreadful for Spurs and Fulham.....had we signed him we would be saying how **** he was....better than the puppies we have granted but would he have been worth the wages definitely not.......

We would all be saying another favour for Mendes ...if someone had asked me to pay his wages why we were clearly watching the pennies i would have said "Get lost"..
He might have been, he might not have been. We will never know

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff’s input should purely be advising them what the budget is
I think you're expecting a bit much there. His idea of transparency is chatting **** in the E&S about stuff like Championship Manager (which he definitely never played) every quarter

Last edited:

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
On a different note,just watching psg and how did we let vitinha go.looks class....what a mistake
Was saying the exact same thing to my lad and missus last night. He reminded me of Modric the way everything seemed to start with him and a brilliant goal to go with it. Unfortunately he wasn’t given the freedom to break into the box when with us so we never really saw the best of him. Some player now though!

Back
Top Bottom