Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt they'd be willing to match Johnny's wage
Easy to stay and fight for your place when you have years left on your contact at probably triple the wage you could earn in La Liga, with a young family settled in the area.

Not that I begrudge Jonny this choice, but let's not kid ourselves that he or Nunes are doing anything other than looking after themselves.

T

TheConcourse

Anyone who says “wE AGaIn diDn’T bUY A sTrIKEr!” seriously needs to get a grip.

Fabio, Sasa, Fraser, Cunha and Hwang can all play up top.

Calm yourselves.
Mate, come on.

Hwang: serious question mark over quality/consistency.

Silva: potential breakthrough season. Potentially.

Sasa: two horrendous injuries, but looks the most capable of the lot.

Cunha: not a goalscorer.

Farmer: pointless even going there.

FoRmAtTiNg ReSpOnSeS tO mAkE people’s opinions feel inferior isn’t a response to a very legitimate concern.

Coops

Reaction score
Easy to stay and fight for your place when you have years left on your contact at probably triple the wage you could earn in La Liga, with a young family settled in the area.

Not that I begrudge Jonny this choice, but let's not kid ourselves that he or Nunes are doing anything other than looking after themselves.
Who would do any different in their position? However having seen Jonny for his duration at the club he will bring us some good depth to our back line and give some needed PL experience.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
with one year left on huge wages it would be brilliant.

despite that we have one back from serious injury and one back from loan you’re right….
And out went Costa and Jiminez .
Neves our back ups scorer leaves . Podence pushed out .
All that is OK but we know what happened when we rely on two goalscorers , we had just Jimmy and Silva .
Now its an injury prone Sasa and Silva.
****ing madness.

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
In terms of forward options we have Fabio sasa cunha

Then sarabia Neto hwang gomsales

Bellegarde replaces nunes

We still then have Doyle gomes lemina traore for the centre

Sasa and Silva will do just fine we had neither last year
If we get injuries we have money left and can get a st in january

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In terms of forward options we have Fabio sasa cunha

Then sarabia Neto hwang gomsales

Bellegarde replaces nunes

We still then have Doyle gomes lemina traore for the centre

Sasa and Silva will do just fine we had neither last year
Jonny can also cover CM if needs be. We have some good depth to the team.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, come on.

FoRmAtTiNg ReSpOnSeS tO mAkE people’s opinions feel inferior isn’t a response to a very legitimate concern.
Sasa 2 in 2

Fraser and Silva will only get better

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And out went Costa and Jiminez .
Neves our back ups scorer leaves . Podence pushed out .
All that is OK but we know what happened when we rely on two goalscorers , we had just Jimmy and Silva .
Now its an injury prone Sasa and Silva.
****ing madness.
It is pretty obvious we need cover up top, looks like we have been led up the garden path by saints.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mate, come on.

Bet your fun at games

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why were the club chasing Che Adams, Boulaye Dia, Kelechi Iheanacho et al if they weren't looking for a new striker?

We obviously were and, therefore, it was clearly recognised as a requirement by Hobbs and he has failed to deliver so far.

Still 3.5 hours to go though!

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why were the club chasing Che Adams, Boulaye Dia, Kelechi Iheanacho et al if they weren't looking for a new striker?

We obviously were and, therefore, it was clearly recognised as a requirement by Hobbs and he has failed to deliver so far.

Cannot really blame Hobbs when it was Saints who decided to pull the plug at the last minute. I imagine the player isn’t too happy as well.

Hobbs has done a great job.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cannot really blame Hobbs when it was Saints who decided to pull the plug at the last minute. I imagine the player isn’t too happy as well.

Hobbs has done a great job.
Okay, but you are agreed we were after a striker, right? And he has failed to deliver one, right?

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The owners have forced Hobbs to go knocking for forwards with a maximum of 3 days left. How do you think the selling club reacts to that?

Hobbs is a 10/10 this Summer. Fosun are 10 short of that.

I'm amazed he's hung in actually given the **** show going on around him for months.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Requirement? Or logical area to strengthen?

GBWolf

Reaction score
Only Wolves fans could fall out with eachother after two days of solid signings. This window has been far from perfect but we've probably ended the window with a more balanced and settled squad then we started with, remove podence and we have a team that want to be here and fight for the badge. ****** lighten up everyone!!! Things could be a lot worse.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The owners have forced Hobbs to go knocking for forwards with a maximum of 3 days left. How do you think the selling club reacts to that?

I'm amazed he's hung in actually given the **** show going on around him for months.
Nobody can question Hobbs . He has performed brilliantly under difficult circumstances....Ins and outs have been superb....

(You can question his brief)....but his delivery has been superb.... definitely the hardest working recruitment bloke anywhere in the transfer market....

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep, I may be royally ****ed with Shi and Fosun, but full credit to Hobbs. An extremely challenging window in lots of ways, and yet thanks to his work, I feel pretty good about the outcome so far.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mate, come on.

Farmer's going to be a player. Decent attitude, two good feet. It sounds like he had a poor first half last time out, but Owen Farmer is likely to make it. Or did you mean Fraser and type Farmer? I'm sure I'm going to call one of them Fisher sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom