Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a workmanlike squad and more balanced than last year. It has youth and energy, so ... I like it. We should survive.
Apart from Cunha desperately lacking true quality in Premier League terms. Its not enough to be' workmanlike'. No opposing manager will have any particular Wolves player to fear anymore.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we stick with a 4-2-3-1 I'd view it as:

New CF/Sasa/Fraser
Neto/Hwang - Cunha/Silva - New RW/Sarabia/Gonzalez
Lemina/Bouba - Gomes/Doyle
RAN/Bueno - Kilman/Toti - Dawson/Bueno - Semedo/Doherty
Sa/Bentley
I'm not convinced that Gonzalez is ready to play substantial minutes at this level. With Hwang's dodgy hamstrings, we need another option out wide.

I also don't consider Silva or Cunha to be legitimate CF options, both are far better playing off a CF. Sasa has dodgy knees, and Fraser is only 18.

Both of those positions will hopefully be addressed by Friday.
Enzo is an U.21 baby who has to get used to a new culture. Irrelevant in terms of our immediate needs and survival.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, and it's still a big if, that all happens then the squad will look better at the end of the transfer window than l feared. Rather too much emphasis on effort rather than flair and skill for my liking though.
I agree. Back to the Mick McCarthy days maybe.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Apart from Cunha desperately lacking true quality in Premier League terms. Its not enough to be' workmanlike'. No opposing manager will have any particular Wolves player to fear anymore.
In my opinion, I think once Sasa gets up to speed, he’s going to cause havoc among most CBs in the league. (And by the way, both ManU and Brighton were wetting their shorts as Cunha breezed past them on his long runs)

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really?
Sasa is 6ft 7
Neto is finding his form
Doc is attacking the box again
Dawson is the premier leagues highest scoring CB
Gomes is a pit bull
Sarabia has 4 assists so far
Sa looks more confident

I think we are looking a far more attacking proposition this season even without petulant sulkers

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion, I think once Sasa gets up to speed, he’s going to cause havoc among most CBs in the league. (And by the way, both ManU and Brighton were wetting their shorts as Cunha breezed past them on his long runs)
Agreed
He stays fit and it’s 10 to 15 goals and half a dozen assists

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really?
Sasa is 6ft 7
Neto is finding his form
Doc is attacking the box again
Dawson is the premier leagues highest scoring CB
Gomes is a pit bull
Sarabia has 4 assists so far
Sa looks more confident

I think we are looking a far more attacking proposition this season even without petulant sulkers
I happy clap with the happiest clapping happy clappers in happy clapper town but let's not get ahead of ourselves re Sarabia and Doherty after playing bloody Blackpool

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
Was collins unhappy then? Didn't seem to me he was. Unless you know something I don't?
I know nothing. Just going off what I I remember being in the official exit statement from Hobbs, that Collins wanted first team football that we couldn’t offer and Brentford offered what we deemed a good deal. I.e he didn’t want to play backup to Max or Dawson.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do you think we shouldn't sign another centre forward and depend on his paper knees? How did that work out for us last season?

Is Diego Costa available in case we need him on September 2nd?
After this whole window I am just grateful that we are getting somewhere thanks to Hobbs and his team while binning off sulky upstarts like Nunes.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I happy clap with the happiest clapping happy clappers in happy clapper town but let's not get ahead of ourselves re Sarabia and Doherty after playing bloody Blackpool
I would not say I am a happy flapper but I give credit where it’s due. Professional performance against Blackpool and well created goals even if there were a couple of scuffs and deflections.
Still seen us lose ties like that plenty of times .

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After this whole window I am just grateful that we are getting somewhere thanks to Hobbs and his team while binning off sulky upstarts like Nunes.
Are we stronger or weaker for not having Nunes? We haven't replaced him yet so I'd argue weaker. A bit of depth is nice don't get me wrong, but I'll judge it on Friday at 11pm.

Fen Wolf

Reaction score
He’s just come out and said he wanted to stay.. so I don’t think he was unhappy at all.

Yeh… don’t be fooled by the cherry picking of quotes to make a headline. He essentially says he “wanted to stay” but Brentford was more appealing to his playing chances and his family so made the move.

I.e Neves “wanted champions league” football until Saudi offered him a big bag of cash.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we stronger or weaker for not having Nunes? We haven't replaced him yet so I'd argue weaker. A bit of depth is nice don't get me wrong, but I'll judge it on Friday at 11pm.
Stronger. He has had two good games since he joined about 20 ok games and the rest he was anonymous or gave the ball away to anyone other than an old gold shirt. His petulance is the icing for me. Off you go .

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SO……………

GK - Sa, Bentley, King
RB - Semedo, Doherty
LB - Bueno, RAN, Jonny
CB - Kilman, Dawson, Toti, S Bueno
M- Lemina, Gomes, Traore, Doyle
F - Cunha, Neto, Sarabia, Hwang, Gonzalez
CF - Silva, Kalajdzic

So a 23 man squad and well within the overseas quota. Plus the likes of Hodge, Pond, Fraser in the back up ranks.

IMO we still need a ball carrying midfielder so I’m hoping for a cherrry on the top.

Overall I’m happy with this! Thoughts?
It's not creative enough and it's heavily reliant on Sasa staying fit. There is also no real class in the centre of the park.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not creative enough and it's heavily reliant on Sasa staying fit. There is also no real class in the centre of the park.
It’s workman like granted but it’s got a bit of mongrel about it as the Aussies would say . No prima donnas either. Pack mentality restored? Only time will tell but I am a lot happier tonight than I was yesterday before Blackpool

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s workman like granted but it’s got a bit of mongrel about it as the Aussies would say . No prima donnas either. Pack mentality restored? Only time will tell but I am a lot happier tonight than I was yesterday before Blackpool
its a far cry from what we aspired to. this is a mccarthyesque side with a mccarthyesque manager (without the experience). we are likely to finish in a mcartheyesque position as a result

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
its a far cry from what we aspired to. this is a mccarthyesque side with a mccarthyesque manager (without the experience). we are likely to finish in a mcartheyesque position as a result
Given the fact we have
Raised 100m
Kissed goodbye to FFP worries
Got rid of the high under performing earners like Guedes
Seem to have strengthened in the right areas, striker excluded
I am happy enough given where we were a week ago

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the fact we have
Raised 100m
Kissed goodbye to FFP worries
Got rid of the high under performing earners like Guedes
Seem to have strengthened in the right areas, striker excluded
I am happy enough given where we were a week ago
yeah, its better but thats like saying i lost my leg but its ok the bleeding stopped. we have taken a club on the cusp of top 6 and screwed it up over three years. we will definitely be in the relegation mix with this squad. we might stay up. Mick did twice. one day though our luck will run out unless we add quality rather than guys who "put a shift in"

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who did they fear before?

Back
Top Bottom