Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we stronger or weaker for not having Nunes? We haven't replaced him yet so I'd argue weaker. A bit of depth is nice don't get me wrong, but I'll judge it on Friday at 11pm.
Indeed, these 3 signings on their own aren't enough. We still need a proper replacement for Nunes to come in.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, these 3 signings on their own aren't enough. We still need a proper replacement for Nunes to come in.
3 oven ready starters who have never played Premier League football in their lives.

Wow. Just wow! Some Mixers are saying how excited they are about 3 untried, untested new arrivals to the hardest, toughest league in world football. I will reserve judgement, but I am hoping and praying they turn out to be top class players.

I just don’t want the Southampton scenario from 12 months ago. We all know what happened to them don’t we.

We bloody well need a couple of experienced players before the deadline. Hindsight can be a wonderful thing at the end of the season!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No only podence is leaving but there have been no bids for him celtic maybe bids in deadline day but if he stays I expect him to be left out of the 25 man squad
Re the last part it would be bloody lunacy to pay Pod, an experienced PL player, for five months with no prospect of using him even in an emergency given how light on PL experience the proposed squad appears to be.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
For our last signings imo we need elvedi (only if we play 3 at the back otherwise don't need another cb), a proper nunes replacement and a striker and I think we're all good. For the nunes replacement and striker I'd prefer to see players with a bit more experience than the people we've been looking at because as good as they may be, we need people who can make an impact now.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I happy clap with the happiest clapping happy clappers in happy clapper town but let's not get ahead of ourselves re Sarabia and Doherty after playing bloody Blackpool
Who cares? We've had tons of players who couldn't even score.... OR GET SHOTS against teams like that in the past. Do you remember Chorley?

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Rudy Galetti is very hit and miss. Wouldn't trust any of his tweets until a more reliable journalists backs it up

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Podence is not being sold (for a reasonable amount), if we can be used by players aka Nunes, then it can work in reverse, I would rather Podences 5 goals keeps us up, he walks away next summer for nothing than pick up a relatively smaller amount of £5-6 million. The few goals could be the difference between his transfer fee and staying in the premier league. So long as he isn’t to much of a ‘bad egg’, then reintroduce him into the squad.
What’s the saying, ‘don’t cut your nose off to spite your face’, all about bigger picture which is staying in the Premier League.
PS. I’m not a massive Podence fan, but he has ability and can on occasion get assists or score goals.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
yeah, its better but thats like saying i lost my leg but its ok the bleeding stopped. we have taken a club on the cusp of top 6 and screwed it up over three years. we will definitely be in the relegation mix with this squad. we might stay up. Mick did twice. one day though our luck will run out unless we add quality rather than guys who "put a shift in"
Disagree. Easily mid-table and more incoming. Young base to build on—this was how the project was supposed to work and we ****ed it up buying expensive flops. It’s now right-sized.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will we go back for Diarra? Or will we go for somebody else/stick with what we have?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a couple of days to go (pending confirmation of the Nunes, Doyle, Gonzales and Bueno deals).

In
King free
Doherty free
Gonzalez £5m
Bueno £8m
Doyle loan with £5m option

Out
Nunes £47m
Neves £47m
Collins £23m
Coady £8.5m
Raul £5m
Giles £5m
Kawabe £1.5m
Sarkic £1m
Traore free
Moutinho free
Costa free
Guedes loan
Hoever loan
Chiq loan
Bolla loan
Cundle loan
Campbell loan
Moulden loan

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle, Bueno and Gonzalez for a £13 million outlay now (£18 million later) seems a pretty reasonable set of deals. I really like what I’ve seen of Doyle, and the other two sound very promising and hopefully can make an impact. Two more players needed though I’d have said - a forward and a midfielder for me preferably? If we can pull those off we might have just turned a terrible window into a decentish one right at the last. Might Elvedi for a few million still also be a decent shout?

Sa, Bentley, King
Semedo, H Bueno, RAN, Doherty
Kilman, Dawson, S Bueno, Toti
Lemina, Gomez, Traore, Doyle, A N Other
Neto, Hwang, Sarabia, Gonzalez
Silva, Cunha, Kaladzjic, A N Other

Last edited:

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it was up to Mendes we’d have sent Neves Barca’s way and an extra 20-25m on top for Fati, shows how he only cares about the agent fees he receives… With no big move materialised he’s off to Brighton on loan

Different kind of deal for Brighton, that. Be interesting to see how they cope with flipping players and maintaining top 8 position. Higher risk in one player when you have to commit the kind of wages Fati will want.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ****er willing to play is better at the moment
I can suggest many names that i would like but wolves will sign none of them
Some names we could look at

Yacine Adli - could be worth a look? Available for €6m. Not really featured for Milan yet

Mattias Svanberg - Wolfsburg similar style to Nunes. Would improve us

Tomasso Pobega - Milan player we are reportedly interested in. As above

Martin Baturina- Dinamo Zagreb hot prospect Iv been told to keep an eye on

Richard Sanchez - Club America another Paraguayan big lad can play the attacking role also.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle, Bueno and Gonzalez for a £13 million outlay now (£18 million later) seems a pretty reasonable set of deals. I really like what I’ve seen of Doyle, and the other two sound very promising and hopefully can make an impact. Two more players needed though I’d have said - a forward and a midfielder for me preferably? If we can pull those off we might have just turned a terrible window into a decentish one right at the last. Might Elvedi for a few million still also be a decent shout?

Sa, Bentley, King
Semedo, H Bueno, RAN, Doherty
Kilman, Dawson, S Bueno, Toti
Lemina, Gomez, Traore, Doyle, A N Other
Neto, Hwang, Sarabia, Gonzalez
Silva, Cunha, Kaladzjic, A N Other
What players are we leaving out of the match day squad to bring in these other players? I think a midfielder is needed too.. but if we bring in even one more player, we suddenly have to leave multiple out of the matchday squads.

Let's say we get those two in...

Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - RAN
Lemina - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Silva

Bentley, Sasa, OTHER F, OTHER M, Bueno, Bueno, Doherty, Toti, Doyle

We're already at 9 there without Gonzalez, Traore or Hwang (when healthy) on the bench.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was up to Mendes we’d have sent Neves Barca’s way and an extra 20-25m on top for Fati, shows how he only cares about the agent fees he receives… With no big move materialised he’s off to Brighton on loan

Neves wanted the Barca move and Mendes was doing everything to keep his client happy. Are you surprised?
He'd have made a lot more commission brokering the Saudi move as one of the first big names to go over.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yeah, its better but thats like saying i lost my leg but its ok the bleeding stopped. we have taken a club on the cusp of top 6 and screwed it up over three years. we will definitely be in the relegation mix with this squad. we might stay up. Mick did twice. one day though our luck will run out unless we add quality rather than guys who "put a shift in"
We were told this summer we were in the **** by Johnny Phillips. That has pretty much come to pass. We have seen a couple of excellent posts explaining that Fosun are also on the ****.
Given that our esteemed manager, record signing , captain, three highest earners after that in Raul Moutinho Traore and others like Costa are no longer here on the wage bill and we have added some depth I am just hoping the additions bed in quickly.. The last two seasons have been pretty turgid. It has to improve

Back
Top Bottom