Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly thanks to everyone for your condolences yesterday! It means a lot.

On the transfer front, Looks like we've getting a massive discount on Doyle and Beuno with the Nunes deal!!

Listen to Tim Vickery talk about the south Americans

Beuno, he says is a solid player. Typical Uruguayan defender.

Enso Gonzalez, talent boy but doubts he'll make an impact this year (as you'd expect from an 18 year old)

Really gutted for you mate, I know how it feels.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be really pleased if we use some of the Nunes money to invest in young players, but do we really need a midfield of Gomes, Lemina, Traore, Hodge, Doyle, Bellegarde and Diarra?.

Second thoughts, if they are starting to spend money why stop them.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you all recall

B. Troare had stats like that and he's not good enough yet to start in the PL.

He might get there, but we really need someone at the level now in my opinion.
You're not one of the "ugly pigeons" referred to in an earlier post are you?
(Joking of course)

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On the transfer front, Looks like we've getting a massive discount on Doyle and Beuno with the Nunes deal!!

Enso Gonzalez, talent boy but doubts he'll make an impact this year (as you'd expect from an 18 year old)

Got a link for the Vickery stuff ?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, we potentially have 3 new incomings, all of them being inexperienced to English football and the Premier League. Doyle will presumably cover for Hodge, who is a squad filler only. Gonzales is a young kid with potential and has only played a handful of games in Paraguay of all places. Bueno looks ok and plays in a position we desperately need to fill, but is a bit of an unknown.

Are they going to start matches straight away? I don’t think so and I am not going overboard about them just yet.

We need some experienced pro’s at the club, who will be capable of playing regularly and immediately. Surely. we now have the money to get them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m lost

Who are we definitely signing?

Who is likely to sign?

Who is on the potential rumour list

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 36843

This is Traore's in 21/22 prior to signing for us
Boubacar still ranked very highly among young midfielders in Europe when we signed him tbf, less greens on fbref doesn't automatically = no good.

1693413282366.png

& When we signed him Wolves also put out that he averaged:

9.7 recoveries p/90,
5 tackles+interceptions p/90,
& 28 pressures p/90 (3rd in t5 leagues for pressures completed, & 1st for u23 players)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, we potentially have 3 new incomings, all of them being inexperienced to English football and the Premier League. Doyle will presumably cover for Hodge, who is a squad filler only. Gonzales is a young kid with potential and has only played a handful of games in Paraguay of all places. Bueno looks ok and plays in a position we desperately need to fill, but is a bit of an unknown.

Are they going to start matches straight away? I don’t think so and I am not going overboard about them just yet.

We need some experienced pro’s at the club, who will be capable of playing regularly and immediately. Surely. we now have the money to get them.
Everytime an experienced Prem player is mentioned all we hear is hes not good enough,too old,past his best etc the club just cant win can they?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the Strasbourg forums, they are happy selling 19yo Diarra at €25m as he has shown a lot of potential, but would be gutted to lose Bellegarde as he had been the heart of their team for the last 2 years. Bellegarde is out of contract next summer.
Sounds to me like Bellegarde would be first team ready for us, but Diarra would be another Enso/Chiquinho signing.
25M euros is still a lot for potential in my book.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I feel inclined to agree.
Gonzales would probably be best spending the season with u21’s.
Doyle sounds like a Hodge/Traore level player (atm) .
Bueno might be ok in a back 3, but surely it’s a lot to expect him to figure in a back 4 too soon.

As much as I want to slag off Nunes he was a starting 11 player. We seem to be replacing with several squad players.

Quite the opposite on my personal philosophy (small squad, best possible first 11).

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So then, a midfielder to replace Nunes, and possibly another forward option, and that's it?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Aruajo is awful. Truly awful.

I watched him in the U21s for Portugal and he was competition winner level bad. It was one game but it was genuinely a joke how bad he was. Pretty sure he got sent off.

I know you shouldn't judge entirely on one game, but he is nowhere near ready for a Premier League side.

I presume it means no Elvedi, which would be really bad news.

The terrible window just gets worse.
He did have a shocker of a game vs Georgia, but having watched him captain Benfica to winning the Youth Champions League in 2022, I wouldn't want to write him off that quickly.

He's still quite raw having only just turned 21, but his ball playing for a CB is top & he's quick too having recorded the top speed in Portugal last season. I think the potential is there, & I'd take him on a loan provided the buy option was low-cost (<£10m) and he joins as a backup player for cups and the occasional runout here & there.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep, heard the same this afternoon. I’m happy with both to be honest. Big, strong defender at a good age, and a young talented forward who might not work out, but might prove to be a superstar.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wearisome that some rubbish potential/actual signings who they have often never heard of and where views are based solely on one performance or odd clips from Google eye. I imagine that Wolves scouts have a better idea than we do, accepting that not all transfers in work out. Give them a chance once they have signed FHS...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, I'm usually cynical and down on the management, with good reason, but trying to be objective about all this.

Lets face it. We never had a chance. He wasn't happy here and City are a huge draw for a player like Nunes. They spotted we were vulnerable and made a low to middling offer compared to what they would have paid the likes of Brighton. The lad burned his bridges to make sure there was no way back. We had to close the deal.

Disappointed? Yes. But hopefully we will be allowed to spend some of it on new players. Gonzales, Bueno and Doyle have potential, and might settle here better than Nunes.

Onward and upward.
Given all that happened over the summer we may be getting the best deal that we can now. Who knows how Nunes might have felt had that not all happened.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Habib Diarra seems like the Nunes replacement. Great news if we can pull it off, seems very highly rated.

Hopefully we've still got some wonga left over for a centre forward. We don't want to be signing Diego Costa again a day after the window closes if Sasa's knee goes again.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s playing 1st team football there. He’ll be on the bench here, probably and certainly initially. I never criticise someone who decides to play rather than just pick up the cash. The latter often follows the former with a bit of patience.
If we weren't cash strapped ourselves a buy and loan back deal would seem ideal.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well thats that one dead.

Probably move to Bellegarde now, last year of his deal and wont sign a new one
No surprise there when you leave everything so late. Its a high risk strategy that could still blow up in the club's face. You get the left overs at this stage and to find a player of the kind of quality needed at such short notice is virtually impossible unless you pay some vastly inflated price. Nunes leaves a big hole and Doyle alone covers about 25% of it.

Sept 1 "We tried but....."

Back
Top Bottom