Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs is killing the game!!!

Been praising him all summer!!! He is honestly the jewel in the crown of the set up at the moment!!!!

We need to protect this man at all costs!!!!!
Hmmmm..... The man who thought GON was the best head coach that we could get.....

That will either be an absolute disaster or positively inspired...

I will wait and see....

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To get that much money upfront in the current market is a significant achievement.

The option is well done as city are very difficult to buy top academy graduates from and he is seen very much as one.

Also, the work he has done to get the funds he has on other transfers has been very good too.

He has had a successful summer with the structures he has to work within
That's balanced....

I have to ask though, are you Matt??? lol

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmmm..... The man who thought GON was the best head coach that we could get..... That will either be an absolute disaster or positively inspired... I will wait and see....
That's balanced....

I have to ask though, are you Matt??? lol
Hahaha I can see why you think that hahaha

The GON is an appointment I think is questionable, but the transfer/scouting side of it from nuggets I am hearing is really positive.

The other clubs are far more respective to us now he is in post too, that is from an old colleague who has dealt with wolves this summer. The transfer didn’t happen, but he said it was a much better experience with him than sellers

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it more amusing that there are those now who are getting mega excited about said deals, when in reality, we know next to **** all about any of the incomings!
After so many sales l for one am in all honesty desperate to see some signings....

I suspect that l'm far from alone.

I just hope that it isn't "never mind the quality feel the width".

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The GON is an appointment I think is questionable, but the transfer/scouting side of it from nuggets I am hearing is really positive.

The other clubs are far more respective to us now he is in post too, that is from an old colleague who has dealt with wolves this summer. The transfer didn’t happen, but he said it was a much better experience with him than sellers

Yes I heard the same from someone I know in the agency world, well respected and and lives to his word, exact words used were “a breath of fresh air” in comparison to his predecessor *yikes*

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interesting insights, TY.

T

TheConcourse

No surprise there when you leave everything so late. Its a high risk strategy that could still blow up in the club's face. You get the left overs at this stage and to find a player of the kind of quality needed at such short notice is virtually impossible unless you pay some vastly inflated price. Nunes leaves a big hole and Doyle alone covers about 25% of it.

Sept 1 "We tried but....."
Got to hope the attraction of PL football is enough for players to down tools. I think it is.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
So just to see if I’m up to date:

In-
Enso Gonzalez (Having medical)
Santiago Bueno (Having medical)
Tommy Doyle (loan deal agreed)
Habib Diarra (potential bid going on)
Tomas Araujo (possible loan)

Out-
Nunes (deal with Man City agreed)

Missed any?

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After so many sales l for one am in all honesty desperate to see some signings....

I suspect that l'm far from alone.

I just hope that it isn't "never mind the quality feel the width".
That's the problem the quality element is being squeezed out of the squad. If you are an opposing manager now who would you worry about in the Wolves team? Cunha perhaps. That's about it unless Neto plays an occasional blinder. Nunes might have been inconsistent but from the opposition's view he is a real potential threat. Who have we got to hurt the opposition rather than to just play the ball back and forth across the field and run about a lot following the slipstream of technically better equipped teams?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everytime an experienced Prem player is mentioned all we hear is hes not good enough,too old,past his best etc the club just cant win can they?
Whereas we no **** all about the unknown youngsters who join .
And when we do know , they are not good enough or too young !

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the problem the quality element is being squeezed out of the squad. If you are an opposing manager now who would you worry about in the Wolves team? Cunha perhaps. That's about it unless Neto plays an occasional blinder. Nunes might have been inconsistent but from the opposition's view he is a real potential threat. Who have we got to hurt the opposition rather than to just play the ball back and forth across the field and run about a lot following the slipstream of technically better equipped teams?
Maybe we don't have the star quality, but with the likes of Lemina, Gomes, Dawson....maybe we have a team.? Maybe some egos have gone and we can pull together. Maybe one of Sasa or Silva can give opposition defences some pause for thought. Maybe it's maybelline.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we don't have the star quality, but with the likes of Lemina, Gomes, Dawson....maybe we have a team.? Maybe some egos have gone and we can pull together. Maybe one of Sasa or Silva can give opposition defences some pause for thought. Maybe it's maybelline.
I’d go for another defender Fraser & Farmer are good striker options behind Fabio and Sasa

Back
Top Bottom