Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
So, there seems to be a method to our madness after all. Gonzalez, Bueno and Doyle is most likely a pretty good outcome in the end, and although they are unknown quantities at the moment, we have to trust Hobbs& co now. They have made quite decent signings this year.
Maybe we could do with a seasoned professional at left back, as both RAN and Hugo are still fairly wet behind their ears...?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly thanks to everyone for your condolences yesterday! It means a lot.

On the transfer front, Looks like we've getting a massive discount on Doyle and Beuno with the Nunes deal!!

Listen to Tim Vickery talk about the south Americans

Beuno, he says is a solid player. Typical Uruguayan defender.

Enso Gonzalez, talent boy but doubts he'll make an impact this year (as you'd expect from an 18 year old)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View from a Strasbourg fan

"Shame Wolves who put so much money in a youngster with only 6 months in pro, the ugly pigeons."

Now I know google translate can be iffy, but Pigeons ?
That’s the French for ya. He is very young and raw I wouldn’t expect too much from him yet. His midfield partner is meant to be the better player who flashes of brilliance

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i actually disagree. we have Silva, signed for £35m, and now getting a chance.
We have Sasa, signed for £15m and now getting fit.
We then have Cunha.

we play generally one up top so would stick with those unless we identified a real talent that was attainable.

Hwang too. If we sign another wide player, move Hwang into the mix with the strikers..if we sign someone like Iheancho then Hwang can compete with the wide players.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
22 mill euro plus 3 mill add ons submitted
They will probably take it not exactly flush with cash the French league

SO

Habib Diarra, Tommy Doyle, Enso Gonzalez, Santiago Bueno

ALL EXPECTED TO BE WOLVES PLAYERS SOON!!??

Wow can’t wait to see what tomorrow is going to bring for a new striker lol

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang too. If we sign another wide player, move Hwang into the mix with the strikers..if we sign someone like Iheancho then Hwang can compete with the wide players.
With you. Striker would be nice but not going to be priority given we have £100m in the side with Sasa, Cunha and Silva plus Hwang as back-up. Wide areas worth me more depending on the formation and style we are planning.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Well that epitaph I'd drafted and was all prepared for closure of this thread Friday night has just been screwed up and put in the bin. Like a really good film that has the ending hidden in plain sight all the way through, the final twist in the tale is well and truly kicking in....

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting comment from a Strasbourgfan at the bottom of that article…translates as:

At this price, it would be unreasonable for Keller to refuse... Hoping to keep Bellegarde suddenly... Personally, I prefer the latter... Incredible prizes for players who have not proven anything! Just shone during a few games, and not all..

busbcadd

Reaction score
Majority of this money might be going on Diarra and Bellegarde according to their forums

15m for Bellegarde
25m for Diarra
Reading the Strasbourg forums, they are happy selling 19yo Diarra at €25m as he has shown a lot of potential, but would be gutted to lose Bellegarde as he had been the heart of their team for the last 2 years. Bellegarde is out of contract next summer.
Sounds to me like Bellegarde would be first team ready for us, but Diarra would be another Enso/Chiquinho signing.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting comment from a Strasbourgfan at the bottom of that article…translates as:

At this price, it would be unreasonable for Keller to refuse... Hoping to keep Bellegarde suddenly... Personally, I prefer the latter... Incredible prizes for players who have not proven anything! Just shone during a few games, and not all..
Again though.. he is young, would be quite incredible for them to shine every week at that age.

busbcadd

Reaction score
They will probably take it not exactly flush with cash the French league

SO

Habib Diarra, Tommy Doyle, Enso Gonzalez, Santiago Bueno

ALL EXPECTED TO BE WOLVES PLAYERS SOON!!??

Wow can’t wait to see what tomorrow is going to bring for a new striker lol
I do like these potential signings, but only Bueno seems first team ready

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again though.. he is young, would be quite incredible for them to shine every week at that age.
I dont disagree, but I cant help wondering if we can afford to have a midfield made up of so much young potential. Bar Lemina there isnt much experience there

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
whats the difference between bellgarde and diarra, arent they both CM's from the same club?

which one do we want?

Back
Top Bottom