Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, I'm usually cynical and down on the management, with good reason, but trying to be objective about all this.

Lets face it. We never had a chance. He wasn't happy here and City are a huge draw for a player like Nunes. They spotted we were vulnerable and made a low to middling offer compared to what they would have paid the likes of Brighton. The lad burned his bridges to make sure there was no way back. We had to close the deal.

Disappointed? Yes. But hopefully we will be allowed to spend some of it on new players. Gonzales, Bueno and Doyle have potential, and might settle here better than Nunes.

Onward and upward.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was opening myself up for some criticism their! I’m sure he’ll give it his all and be happy to eat my words! But he’s another Hodge an overall just “good” rounded midfielder.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5m for Doyle. It's 50 percent because we negotiated away the buy back from my underatansing
Also is standard when dealing with city for
Them to get buy back or the 50% when a club is buying any highly rated academy product they have.

You can’t get away without one of them…….

Monswolf

Reaction score
He is a very good player, the other two are just exceptional talents and not fair to compare all three when they are part of a cluster of very talented city academy players of a similar age.
Yes he is. Think Man U of the 90’s with Beckham Scholes and Butt al coming through together. Butt was classed as the worst of the three but was still a quality midfielder

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to be confusion about if it's a permanent or loan? Romano and Percy saying permanent, Ornstein and BBC saying loan?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5m for Doyle is pretty cheap 50% so what we can trade him like Barcelona would to get around it, should he comes good

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what the ITKs on the Blackburn forum were saying yesterday. Wants to stay there it sounded like. But who knows ‍♂️.
Understandable, he is young, settled and is playing with his brother who is really close too and that will have a massive appeal too.

Big thing for him to leave

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what the ITKs on the Blackburn forum were saying yesterday. Wants to stay there it sounded like. But who knows ?
He’s playing 1st team football there. He’ll be on the bench here, probably and certainly initially. I never criticise someone who decides to play rather than just pick up the cash. The latter often follows the former with a bit of patience.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, I'm usually cynical and down on the management, with good reason, but trying to be objective about all this.

Lets face it. We never had a chance. He wasn't happy here and City are a huge draw for a player like Nunes. They spotted we were vulnerable and made a low to middling offer compared to what they would have paid the likes of Brighton. The lad burned his bridges to make sure there was no way back. We had to close the deal.

Disappointed? Yes. But hopefully we will be allowed to spend some of it on new players. Gonzales, Bueno and Doyle have potential, and might settle here better than Nunes.

Onward and upward.
Agreed. It is better to have a good player who want to be here and will work for the team rather than a prima donna who thinks he is above us and underperforms.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Majority of this money might be going on Diarra and Bellegarde according to their forums

15m for Bellegarde
25m for Diarra
At most we would sign one of them. Its a good striker we need now but as usual very late in the day to find one when most decent options have already been snapped up.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s Doyle, Bueno and Gonzalez for Nunes, I’m extremely underwhelmed, just as Nunes is finding his feet at this level.

If it’s also a direct midfield replacement for Nunes, and a centre forward so we aren’t relying on Sasa’s knees, I’m very happy.

Judge it at the end of the window I think. I’m hoping for the latter, but also wouldn’t be too surprised if those three is all the business we’ll do, based on the transfer window to date.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs is killing the game!!!

Been praising him all summer!!! He is honestly the jewel in the crown of the set up at the moment!!!!

We need to protect this man at all costs!!!!!
Blimey talk about over the top. The Nunes deal seems very average to me if its still only £47m and we only have an option on an unproven at Premier League level Doyle. All the money up front is a plus. But we rejected £47m initially so we have hardly improved the position since!
We will see what other signings transpire but its very late in the day and the risk of things falling through massively increases. So let's wait before we praise anyone. Hobbs has been given a bad hand by the club this summer like Loptegui and I don't envy him having to rush through deals now. Organised chaos which sums up Fosun's handling of the club over the past three years.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s Doyle, Bueno and Gonzalez for Nunes, I’m extremely underwhelmed, just as Nunes is finding his feet at this level.

If it’s also a direct midfield replacement for Nunes, and a centre forward so we aren’t relying on Sasa’s knees, I’m very happy.

Judge it at the end of the window I think. I’m hoping for the latter, but also wouldn’t be too surprised if those three is all the business we’ll do, based on the transfer window to date.

Noise coming out of France is definitely a replacement for Nunes. Whether one or two remains to be seen.

Hopefully another forward to replace Podence, but at least we have some bodies

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noise coming out of France is definitely a replacement for Nunes. Whether one or two remains to be seen.

Hopefully another forward to replace Podence, but at least we have some bodies
At this rate Podence might still be here…

We need another centre forward. Silva and Cunha can’t hold the ball up. Sasa’s knees could go at any moment, and Fraser is only 18 and could be forced into a Silva situation from three years ago.

Back
Top Bottom