Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't deplete an asset if want a good price.
Keeping your best players make the club worth more money.
But maybe a buyer can't be found for the club at the current asking price, whilst containing all those assets.
Strip the assets and reduce the value of the club, whilst making up the shortfall in what you want out of the deal, in player sales.
Then sell the club for a price that is acceptable to any prospective buyer, whilst walking away from the deal with exactly what you wanted in the first place.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointed more than let down but after a lifetime of watching us bounce around in the lower leagues I just roll with it now. Still love a match day… and always will.
Exactly this. Some on here are acting like spoilt millennials banging on about how this is the worst time to be alive ever.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed something here? All I’ve heard is that an opening bid might have been made for Nunes. Not heard anything about the club accepting it. Why is everyone acting like he’s already gone?

Because the credible sources saying that City have made him a priority suggest we won’t hold out.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have I missed something here? All I’ve heard is that an opening bid might have been made for Nunes. Not heard anything about the club accepting it. Why is everyone acting like he’s already gone?
Come on mate... you have been around here for a while now. You know any tweet is the concrete truth

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Disappointed more than let down but after a lifetime of watching us bounce around in the lower leagues I just roll with it now. Still love a match day… and always will.
I suppose that's cool for you, but there are others who have expectations and want better for their club and feel entirely let down by what is happening. It hurts being the laughing stock. It's not fun going into work and shrugging their shoulders. It was fun when little Wolverhampton were good and it's painful now we have to be told that we have to go back to what we were, to shut the door behind us on the way back to the championship and beyond.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because the credible sources saying that City have made him a priority suggest we won’t hold out.
Credible sources also so they are after Eze (much better player) and even are going to wait until Jan for the naughty boy

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
My source has been pretty much on the money so far - I am told nunes to city personal terms agreed offered £48m will pay £55m but we want cash on the nail causing the issue. Also semedo to Manure £36m again cash on the nail. Looks like something afoot - nothing concrete but my source heard whispers Fosun getting as much cash as possible as they have may have a buyer and they have cash issues. Plus if they don't sell we won't signing anyone this window

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
Nunes is obviously very talented but is a luxury.
If we were pushing for top 6 we'd need to keep a player like Nunes
But in our state we need the money to invest it in other areas
With lemina Gomes Traore I think we would be OK in that area still

We need to push for 70m
Anything 60m of lower I'd be
I think the one thing about the club that seems reliable of late is that our recruitment is a lot better planned...when we have any money to spend, at least.
Is it? Can’t say I have noticed.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My source has been pretty much on the money so far - I am told nunes to city personal terms agreed offered £48m will pay £55m but we want cash on the nail causing the issue. Also semedo to Manure £36m again cash on the nail. Looks like something afoot - nothing concrete but my source heard whispers Fosun getting as much cash as possible as they have may have a buyer and they have cash issues. Plus if they don't sell we won't signing anyone this window
They’re not going to sell the club in a week.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Takes months for a club sale to go through, this would basically condem us til January and its just a repeat of last season

btw not knocking the info, the Lopetegui stuff was pretty much spot on

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the info anymore would be greatly appreciated.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
36 million for semedo? **** me.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it fits the pattern. No money, lost our manager, and his coaching staff, to be replaced by a third rate, out of work, cheap alternative, 13 players have left, an offer has been made, terms agreed .... it's only going one way.

Last edited:

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
How could they shift the club in a week?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Nottingham Forest have signed World Cup-winning defender Gonzalo Montiel on a season-long loan from Sevilla with an option to make the move permanent.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been around long enough to know that not many Wolves fans will Jack it in at the first sign of adversity. We’re made of sterner stuff.

No, we won’t jack it in, but I’m ****ed if I’m going to be happy about this shower running the club sending us back down so they can **** off with a few more million. I care more about my club than Guo’s personal wealth, Fosun’s stock price, or Shi’s bonus. They can all **** off.

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
How does a rumour that City might be interested in Nunes and an enquiry about Semedo by Man Utd = asset stripping by Wolves. Some people really need to get a grip atm
Not a rumour though is it they have put a bid in and he has accepted their terms so long as we agree to sell

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No, we won’t jack it in, but I’m ****ed if I’m going to be happy about this shower running the club sending us back down so they can **** off with a few more million. I care more about my club than Guo’s personal wealth, Fosun’s stock price, or Shi’s bonus. They can all **** off.
People just don't care mate- they've either already given up, or they are just laughing at you, at me, at anyone showing any concern for the club we are all supposed to want the best for.

surreywolf

Reaction score

‘my source’ - have a day off, you do know this isn’t twitter don’t you?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you mean no signings unless Fosun sell players, or unless they sell the club?

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
Mendes doing his best to move his clients on..I reckon something is happening (new owners) why else would we be depleting our squad?
We can only dream. Trouble is new owners are not going to be any good to us with no team when the transfer window shuts and we are relegated by January.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With the greatest possible respect to your source @Mighty Thor and I have been posting about Fosun's cash issues for about three weeks. In simple terms "cash issues" = they're ****ed.
Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Guo 'disappear.' Still, he'll have a nice hat to wear in prison...

Back
Top Bottom