Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have a feeling after O’Neil’s comments about having to wheel and deal that alongside Jonny and Podence departing ,Silva might also leave us .He didn’t start yesterday and he didn’t get the Number 9 shirt which remains unallocated

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% I wouldn't touch him. Soon to be 34, massive wages and he's not the type of player to age well
Would you rather have nothing if that was the alternative? We don't know what it would cost, and as you say, probably big wages, but I still think he could give us something.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The usual pinch of salt
Followed by Fabrizio and David Ornstein, viewed by many as one of, if not, the top journalist in Germany.

All for taking things with a pinch of salt, but it doesn’t sound too promising. Let’s hope it’s something that doesn’t progress if true! Apparently they want Bella-Kotchap from Southampton but only on a loan, so they may not even have the money to pay what we’d want for Fabio, who knows?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking on Twitter it seems like this was reported yesterday but they've only just picked up on it.

"Borussia Dortmund were offered various players such as Fabio Silva from Wolves, Toni Martinez from Porto, Ekitike is not coming, Jean-Philippe Mateta too. These are names that were offered."

Hopefully "were" means it was earlier in the summer.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We clearly want the money he could bring in (£20m?)

Again, sorry for repeating myself but have been told he’s going.

I expect Wolves will say he wanted to go, we only want committed players etc.
That would rapidly blow away the goodwill generated by last night's performance....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he goes and we bring in Antonio Molineux is going to get really toxic.
Old and past it is bad enough, the fact that he predicted us to go down is the cherry on that.

Some might point out that l said that could happen. The difference is that l am not, and never will be, a Wolves player.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This will be the icing on the cake of a disgraceful summer at the club if they let Silva go now. Would leave us with one out and out no9 who as we know is injury prone. Complete and utter lunacy and stupidity if the fools at the club sell Fabio now. Could be the final straw for some with Fosun if this happens in my opinion.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be the icing on the cake of a disgraceful summer at the club if they let Silva go now. Would leave us with one out and out no9 who as we know is injury prone. Complete and utter lunacy and stupidity if the fools at the club sell Fabio now. Could be the final straw for some with Fosun if this happens in my opinion.
It will certainly shift me from happyish clapper to the Shi/Fosun out camp if it happens.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most likely his agent, who has already plainly said to a wolves fan site he's trying to move fabio on and I'm sure his dad needs another payout for something.

Fabio just needs to be given a starting spot with Cunha, keep him happy get the team scoring

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Money for what? The big fat hole all income this summer has been thrown into?
But yeah I agree with you. The excuses will be wheeled out. Hopefully nobody buys it.

Imagine signing someone for £35 million, spend a few years for him to develop and then finally when he starts to flourish, sell for £25 million...

There would be no excuse...absolutely no excuse.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money for what? The big fat hole all income this summer has been thrown into?
But yeah I agree with you. The excuses will be wheeled out. Hopefully nobody buys it.

Imagine signing someone for £35 million, spend a few years for him to develop and then finally when he starts to flourish, sell for £25 million...

There would be no excuse...absolutely no excuse.
Plus the wages we have spent on im in that time when he was actively here and do we know if the clubs he went to on loan paid his full wages there?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you rather have nothing if that was the alternative? We don't know what it would cost, and as you say, probably big wages, but I still think he could give us something.

He'll want more then a 1 year deal. So you're paying big wages for 2-3 years for a guy that will be nowhere near it. Might as well have kept Raul or Costa. I'm happy with Cunha, Silva and Sasa as forwards, with Sarabia, Hwang and Neto able to play upfront in a 2 As well.

Centre halfs meanwhile

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently on £100k for the last year of his contract so it’s going cost a lot of money to bring him in.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree completely
Based on what?

We have generated a lot of money so far and only brought in an ex-player for free and a HG squad filler who will never play a prem game again for free.

Let alone all the money off the wage bill from the sales and non renewed contracted players.

we haven’t spent a penny thus far, so even if we did spend any fee I bet the replacement fee would be only a small fraction of that.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few PL sides losing some players already through injury. Also some clubs still waiting to make transfers.

City losing KDB for 4 months and Liverpool looking for midfield players. Both managers rate Matheus Nunes.... just putting it out there. Hope we say 'No' we need him.
Replacing KDB’s passing with Nunes’? What could possibly go wrong? Like all players Nunes has strengths and weaknesses and passing is very much at the top of the weaknesses list. I think we can sleep easy on this one.

Back
Top Bottom