Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Something must have happened on Saturday as he didn’t warm up at half time with everyone else and didn’t warm up at all during the second half.
I think he probably knew he wasn’t going to have any minutes so probably thought I’m not warming up.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Something must have happened on Saturday as he didn’t warm up at half time with everyone else and didn’t warm up at all during the second half.

Also interesting that Lop said the club barred him from going on the preseason trips, but I heard Podence choose to stay.

Clearly he is happy to sit and not play, get his wages and leave on a free.

Think we need to offer him out cheaper or contribute to his wages for this year only if he goes elsewhere to help get a transfer

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Podence had a fantastic attitude we'd have no problems getting £15/20 million for him. The talent has always been there, but he's incredibly irritating and plays for himself much of the time. Perhaps one of the most frustrating Wolves players to watch in recent memory? I can totally see why other clubs aren't rushing out to drop £10 million plus and £50k plus a week in wages on him put it that way.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was out before the game warming up, if you could call it that!

He was in full tracksuit and a hat, hands never came out of his pockets, the rest were in shorts, he stood there and kicked the odd ball that came his way, he hardly joined in at all!

As soon as the starting 11 went down the tunnel he was gone, the others carried on warming up for a couple of minutes.

He looked like one of my teenager daughters having a strop :confused:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What pics here tell you his attitude isn't great?
View attachment 36236
View attachment 36237

Was going to say the same thing. It seems he posts holiday, family or Wolves images as far as I’ve seen, and I follow him on Insta.

Seems likely this harks back to his comments when not given game time, which may be sarcastic or may be jokey. Given his spitgate actions which looked like sarcasm, I’m inclined to think it’s maybe part of his character.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shoe on the other foot, I probably wouldn't take a substantial pay cut if I had a year left on my contract and had confidence in my ability that I'd be able to land a decent signing-on fee at the end of it. I'd probably be a little bitter towards the club if they chucked me in a one-man bomb squad having been one of the better performers during the previous campaign, too.

All we know for sure about Podence's character are the misguided social media posts after certain games and a few mentions on the E&S podcast, though I do admit that his demeanor is rarely that of someone who seems to enjoy being here, and you don't want that around a small squad in particular.

Coops

Reaction score
Shoe on the other foot, I probably wouldn't take a substantial pay cut if I had a year left on my contract and had confidence in my ability that I'd be able to land a decent signing-on fee at the end of it. I'd probably be a little bitter towards the club if they chucked me in a one-man bomb squad having been one of the better performers during the previous campaign, too.

All we know for sure about Podence's character are the misguided social media posts after certain games and a few mentions on the E&S podcast, though I do admit that his demeanor is rarely that of someone who seems to enjoy being here, and you don't want that around a small squad in particular.
squad would actually be a bit larger once he transferred away

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming Podence and Jonny are on close to £150k a week combined, I think we'd save something like £8 million a year if we could move them on. That alone could be enough to pay for one year of Scott...

The problem is, they probably know they aren't getting that wage at another club, especially Jonny, so why move?

It's strange there's been nothing since that Betis interest for Podence, isn't he a high enough profile to attract interest from the Saudi's?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming Podence and Jonny are on close to £150k a week combined, I think we'd save something like £8 million a year if we could move them on. That alone could be enough to pay for one year of Scott...

The problem is, they probably know they aren't getting that wage at another club, especially Jonny, so why move?

It's strange there's been nothing since that Betis interest for Podence, isn't he a high enough profile to attract interest from the Saudi's?

Maybe his apparent attitude is a deterrent to the Saudi’s! In any case, the window closes later in Saudi, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a flurry of players heading there after the European window closes.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure he warmed up before the game with the others, although was heavily wrapped up in a hoodie.

I would also comment that there are two sides to every story so who knows what has actually been said to Podence by Hobbs/Shi/JLo and what has taken place. Not saying Podence hasn't thrown toys out of pram. If he is not sold is there scope to re-integrate him, like Jonny played against Rennes?

Coops

Reaction score
Edson Alvarez to West Ham has a Fabrizio 'here we go' - £35m fee. Think we looked at him a year or two back. West Ham now off the mark in the window using that Rice money.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s reasonable to assume that he and JL don’t see eye to eye. I also think JL is taking this opportunity to clear all the players that aren’t 100% committed to the cause and prepared to do things his way.

Podence probably sees himself as, should be starting, JL sees it differently. I remember when Podence first came to Wolves and Nuno subbed him (can’t remember the game) but the look on his face told me then (and other times since) that he was not a happy chap.

Obviously, I don’t know but if you did a poll based on your observation, as to who might be the most argumentative and troublesome player at Wolves, my money would be on him to top the poll by some distance.

Only an opinion.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Richard Stearman has signed for Solihull Moors
How funny, I was thinking about him earlier this morning and wondering what he was up to. (Am I the only one who always reads that team as Solihull Motors? Maybe because of the old car plant connection.)

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Creswell and Antonio - Can't think of two players we have less use for, so why these links(at least Creswell links has stopped now..)
With Antonio, what would the purpose be? We've Cunha up front, and if that doesnt work, we can try Silva, or if we need a big man - Sasa..

Imagine the outrage if we finish the window, with 3 central defenders in the squad, no Scott, but only Doc(Good signing by the way), King and Antonio as additions..

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF we cant get rid of Podence, we simply need to reintegrate him into the squad. We need backup for Nunes...
It wouldnt be ideal, but neither him or us, have any interest in him not playing for at least 6 months,,
But then again, if he's just playing his own game, Lopetegui cant really use him. JL is so much about shape and teamwork, which is also why a player like Hwang is better suited than Adama. So I understand if he cant use Podence...

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the position we find ourselves in (transfer market) I wouldn't mind Antonio at all.

Aside from his age, ticks all the boxes in terms of what we need from a CF.
To get a positive from his age, Fabio Silva would also surely benefit from having someone like Antonio around.

Just don't give him anything more than a 2 year contract, if this has any legs.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like we're not getting much interest in Podence, all very quiet. Not that there would be any guarantee we'd spend the funds if he left though anyway...

Back
Top Bottom