Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we even afford 13 million? I thought we were struggling to sign the defender from Germany who is probably cheaper.
Perfectly happy with us spending what we can afford and not living in the fantasy football world where we signed anyone we liked. Now have to pay what we think players are worth and not getting ripped off for Guedes etc. This probably depends on selling Podence?
Seems both Elvedi and Sanchez would cost about 13m, both available and not in a bidding war with richer opponents, exactly what we should be doing.
personal think we need an AM more than another CB, as we're currently relying on Sasa Silva and Cunha to get 25 goals between them, a big ask (front 3 getting majority of goals, getting roughly a goal a game).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott deal back on? Interesting. Cundle the other way. Iv given up asking for info

Hopefully Podence & Jonny going soonish will release more funds

Hope Fábio stays but who knows what is going on with him

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think Bristol are in a bad position though. Turn down £20m and try to string clubs along for £25m. It doesn't work, they reduce asking price to £20m and play ball. It was worth a try from their point of view.
And we counter with 15 million with a big **** you.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the FFP situation is so bad for us this year I would hate to think the carnage we'd be witnessing had the Saudi League not come and saved us.
There are few clubs who it has rescued a bit though.... Liverpool, Newcastle...and there will be others I reckon.....just hope they save the day with podence....

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott deal back on? Interesting. Cundle the other way. Iv given up asking for info.
If we can't match their valuation, then swaps make sense. Maybe offer £20m + Cundle (and a sell on clause)? Maybe throw Hodge in as well to lower the fee further.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott deal back on? Interesting. Cundle the other way. Iv given up asking for info

Hopefully Podence & Jonny going soonish will release more funds

Hope Fábio stays but who knows what is going on with him
Cundle as part of the deal for Scott makes total sense to me.

Podence and Jonny will be on their way after being left out of the recent friendlies, surely.

Fabio will stay imo as well.

We are surely due some cheerful news after all the doom and gloom.

Finally, Kilman will sign a new long term contract and Elvedi will arrive.

If all that happens, it will hopefully cheer us up. I know I will feel a lot happier.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They appear to be banking on the FFP punishments not being too harsh, if its only 3-6 points and they can get more than that ahead of the bottom 3 by making signings then they might get away with it.
Tend to agree, they also might face a transfer embargo so filling their boots now. An EFC friend is confident they won’t face ‘serious’ sanction as they, and others, will point at Man City.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tend to agree, they also might face a transfer embargo so filling their boots now. An EFC friend is confident they won’t face ‘serious’ sanction as they, and others, will point at Man City.
I feel that your friend is correct and they’ll hand out lenient punishments with warnings of harsher punishments to come in the case of future breaches from other clubs. We all know how they’d treat us…

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's the equivalent of being on trial for murder... and saying, "you can't punish me, someone else murdered more people than me".

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't they 2 very different things though? Everton spent more than allowed whereas Man City are accused of providing misleading information?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can't match their valuation, then swaps make sense. Maybe offer £20m + Cundle (and a sell on clause)? Maybe throw Hodge in as well to lower the fee further.
I thought the Fosun model was to develop our own talent and then as necessary sell on. At least MGW made a significant number of appearances for us. Sanderson gone without making an appearance. Giles gone without making an appearance. Cundle looks likely with what 2 appearances for us. And now you want to get rid of Hodge as well.
I don't know what the future has for any of these players. I do recall an article I saw in a sports magazine many years ago about the team of internationals that WBA sold (including Bully) and I wonder in our willingness to trade so much young talent without allowing it to come to fruition if we are biting off our noses to spite our face?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought the Fosun model was to develop our own talent and then as necessary sell on. At least MGW made a significant number of appearances for us. Sanderson gone without making an appearance. Giles gone without making an appearance. Cundle looks likely with what 2 appearances for us. And now you want to get rid of Hodge as well.
I think now that poop has distinctly met fan, that strategy has been pared right back in the pursuit of quick cash. As you say, Giles for £5m might come back to haunt us, and I can't say I am thrilled with a £3m profit on Collins either. It isn't just "clearing the deadwood" as some would have you believe - we are actually culling young players with decent potential as well.

Back
Top Bottom