Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wober is due to be announced at gladbach any day now, with sale of giles potentially confirmed tomorrow could we get elvedi in for when we come back from ireland sunday?

That’s what I think. And it’s a position we are lacking in the most.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So the issue with this is we could do loans with obligations for next year,

But we would still need to cover that cost next year, so with wages of the new players to fall in this year.

Remember we carry this -80 of 22-23

we will carry the -80 in 24-25, 25-26, 26-27
Really it's easy to work out if you're always on the margins.
You have to do the same as you did 3 years ago. So 24-25 can be a £46m loss like 21-22.

Still I'm thinking these rules are changing anyway, so the £80m loss becomes irrelevant for sustainability.

BuzzWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
loans with 50% wages is what i expect coming in next, i wouldnt be surprised in links to loans up to and after manure

With the chance of maybe 1 signing before manure, which i think would be elvedi

Scott will end up scoring 3 or 4 with multiple assists in the first couple of games in championship and be gone out of reach
He's doing great in preseason and according to my City contact has come back super fit and stronger/filled out.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Scotland star Che Adams is set to be offered a £15 million return to the English Premier League by Wolves.

The forward is a target for the Midlands club after they sold Raul Jimenez to Fulham earlier this week.

Wolves want to bring in Adams from Southampton.

The striker is also keen to return to the English top-flight after the Saints were relegated.

Adams has become a major player for Steve Clarke’s Scotland team and wants to play at the highest level he can go, especially with the possibility of a return to the Euro 2024 finals next summer.

Saints, ironically, could replace Adams with another Scotland cap in Ross Stewart.

They are keen to land the Sunderland striker although there is interest from a string of other clubs including Premier League new boys Luton Town, Coventry City and Stoke.

pa no way we are offering 15m wem skint

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really it's easy to work out if you're always on the margins.
You have to do the same as you did 3 years ago. So 24-25 can be a £46m loss like 21-22.

Still I'm thinking these rules are changing anyway, so the £80m loss becomes irrelevant for sustainability.

Was true previously, but the squad cost rules also complicate things further now. Total amortisation plus wages can't be more than 90% of turnover this season, 80% next and then 70% the season after.

So the same corresponding losses from previous seasons would equal the same rolling losses, but would probably lead to exceeding those new caps.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Scotland star Che Adams is set to be offered a £15 million return to the English Premier League by Wolves.

The forward is a target for the Midlands club after they sold Raul Jimenez to Fulham earlier this week.

The striker is also keen to return to the English top-flight after the Saints were relegated.

Adams has become a major player for Steve Clarke’s Scotland team and wants to play at the highest level he can go, especially with the possibility of a return to the Euro 2024 finals next summer.

Saints, ironically, could replace Adams with another Scotland cap in Ross Stewart.

They are keen to land the Sunderland striker although there is interest from a string of other clubs including Premier League new boys Luton Town, Coventry City and Stoke.

Id stick with the pathetic front line we already have than spend money on him, neither a goal poacher or a target man so just why bother ?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's doing great in preseason and according to my City contact has come back super fit and stronger/filled out.

That's one hell of a regime in 3 weeks. Like the summer where costa shaved his head.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heading to Brazil from what I saw a few weeks ago.

I imagine that we get some additional headroom from the reduction of wages on our books? I’ve seen others do the napkin math of about 25M in savings.
But then we have to add wages for incoming which should not be too high.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst waiting to be sold, I'd imagine that there is little interest in the club investing in longer term potential with upside like Scott as they won't be here for it to be realised.

It'll be cheap for the here and now.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, that's not happening unless we sell Silva

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but if we loan a player with a commitment to buy, like we did with Cunha, don't we avoid any potential FFP or cash flow issues this year?

Of course that assumes we can find a club willing to wait for their money, and that Fosun are willing to make that kind of commitment.

It would help us get a striker, ease relegation concerns, and probably keep Julen. It wouldn't help Fosun if they are looking to sell of course.
It could be a workaround definitely, but that's just delaying the inevitable a little bit, and most clubs, like us, need the money now and not later.

Those £80m+ losses will hang over us for a while, but if we did an obligation to buy, it at least takes a bit of the pressure off this summer. In 25/26, the year with £46m in losses (21/22) won't be accounted for, so combined with a heavy profit this year, it would seem more manageable than it is now.

The question is, does an obligation to buy make the club less attractive to buy if a prospective new owner has to account for that money in the future?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Was true previously, but the squad cost rules also complicate things further now. Total amortisation plus wages can't be more than 90% of turnover this season, 80% next and then 70% the season after.

So the same corresponding losses from previous seasons would equal the same rolling losses, but would probably lead to exceeding those new caps.
Cheers, so if we've sold off players to make the £105m work this season, where do you reckon we would be next season (24/25)? Feels a bit like we might be flogging off the family silver when the players we bought last season are still hitting the amortisation figures?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Giles is really worth more than £5m why is he heading to Luton who are building for a promotion push next season rather than a more established PL club. For that amount I’d personally keep him if it means we spend a significant proportion of the £5m on 33 year old Cresswell but that doesn’t make him worth more.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, so if we've sold off players to make the £105m work this season, where do you reckon we would be next season (24/25)? Feels a bit like we might be flogging off the family silver when the players we bought last season are still hitting the amortisation figures?
so

This season matters for 24-25

Thats what we are doing in terms of bits

We pass FFP this year as its the last 3 years

21.1m profit,
43m loss
80m loss (summised)

We squeak under the 105

Therefore we need another c 20 to 30m profit to not get picked up in 2024-25

We then lose the 43m loss and should be in a positive stat to get another loss in 24-25/25-26 accounts

We are in 23-24 (our losses from last 3 years are c 100m - we do not breach
we are in 24-25 (our losses from last 3 years as long as we see profit of c.£30m will be c.100m - we do not breach)
We are in 25-26 (we have made gains in 24-25 and now only count 22-23,23-24, and 24,25) if we are net neutral next year and profit of 30m we have room

basically
Probably easier showing in a spreadsheet

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

About £10m too much.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst waiting to be sold, I'd imagine that there is little interest in the club investing in longer term potential with upside like Scott as they won't be here for it to be realised.

It'll be cheap for the here and now.
Good point.

R

reanswolf

I don't want Cresswell, he is not at the level he once was and I just remember Adama torturing him on a couple of occasions. I also don't think we need him with Toti, Bueno and RAN.

I would be happy if we finished this window with Elvedi, Scott and a CF. Further losing Podence, Jonny and Giles.
I think most fans would be perfectly happy with that scenerio

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither of those are proven Premier League defenders, why take the gamble?
If we're so desperately short of cash we need to think outside the box and come up with imaginative solutions. Clearly the current management think Elvedi can cut it and there were suggestions that the scouting team were very keen on Garcia before. Of course, all transfers have a risk factor but we're in a position where we need to take bigger risks than most.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This would be a disaster! Honestly think we break up the partnership we will be in big trouble..
This is just italian journos putting two and two together, we need funds and napoli still want him.

There is another article come out today, which says even despite our issues we have put a wall in between Napoli and Kilman in negotations

Kilman wants to stay

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Let me play devil's advocate for a minute.

3 days ago, my thinking was Neves has balanced the books and the other sales gave us £30-40m to play with, given amortisation that should have easily covered £50m of incoming transfers which was enough for what we needed.

Now it seems we probably needed more to balance the books and we've barely done that as it is. So the £35m for Kilman (pure profit) might allow buying 2 CHs e.g. Elevdi and one other and still leave enough for Scott.

Of course there's still the chance that Fosun just pocket the cash!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let me play devil's advocate for a minute.

3 days ago, my thinking was Neves has balanced the books and the other sales gave us £30-40m to play with, given amortisation that should have easily covered £50m of incoming transfers which was enough for what we needed.

Now it seems we probably needed more to balance the books and we've barely done that as it is. So the £35m for Kilman (pure profit) might allow buying 2 CHs e.g. Elevdi and one other and still leave enough for Scott.

Of course there's still the chance that Fosun just pocket the cash!
Pocket the Scott are you trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom