Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
With these Saudi deals landing all the time, is there a chance that somebody (eg Fulham after Mitrovic) lands a load of cash and takes a punt on Scott?
Of course there's a chance, haven't seen Fulham mentioned in any article relating to Scott though and hope that remains the case. Bristol City would definitely welcome a bid from another team.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think there will be a suprise somewhere....

We are hearing a few rumours circulating that definitely are Hobbs area.....but I still think we might see something from the mendes /lopetugui side of things ..

I think if Jorge raises funds podence,Sa, maybe Fabio or rayan ...it may be spent with Mendes influence or on players lopetugui wants .

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We are hearing a few rumours circulating that definitely are Hobbs area.....but I still think we might see something from the mendes /lopetugui side of things ..

I think if Jorge raises funds podence,Sa, maybe Fabio or rayan ...it may be spent with Mendes influence or on players lopetugui wants .
Hopefully Ocampos and En-Nesyri

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lets see what happens with fabio, with zaha going to galtassary i think they would be out the race for him.

JL will have made a call, im hoping judah and keen out there might actually get a sense of who is in favour!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
right then, i haven't been able to come on here for several days i havent been able to admin as much, i see there is still a large amount of unrelated posts on here so again i will ask if you wish to discuss something further then use or create a thread about it, you know, like how a forum should work.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see lopetugui hanging around if Doherty creswell and Che Adams are his options.

He might be fine with those if they free up other areas.......are we hanging fire with Scott because we have another plan......just speculating.....
Be interesting to see what happens with doyle, tentative links but hes definitely a DM, also want to see if we line up in the same system v porto tomorrow

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see what happens with doyle, tentative links but hes definitely a DM, also want to see if we line up in the same system v porto tomorrow
A player like Doherty would allow Gomes to be a bit more box to box which I think is a role he would do really well with for us.

That run for the Southampton winner was fantastic. We didn’t see many late runs like that and he isn’t afraid to get forward as we saw at times.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You little tease, you.
This week will hopefully be an interesting one. I was going to say an exciting one, but that implies we will land our targets, but that might not be the case.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s me done posting on here for a while as it ain’t worth it for my mental health with the constant personal and **** taking attacks. Well done to a certain few on here acting like a school playground. I’ll view but that’s me done posting on here for the time being. A shame as I love this forum. Oh well.
This upsets me more than any player leaving................. Why you might ask!

Because no matter what we type there is another human being behind a keyboard reading this with life struggles, maybe just maybe the Mix might be a small window of light that someone might come and enjoy amongst a darkness of the world.
Yes it might seem a bit dramatic, but as i say to all my players when they come training for 2 hours on a Wedsn night and for 5 hours on a Saturday - Leave the troubles behind and step away from the bubble into something you enjoy doing.

I love reading posts on here, much more than posting myself - the effort people put in just to run / moderate the site so you can have a voice, a voice that even if you disagree with your allowed to but within the rems of not going personal.
Many times I've seen something on here i do not agree with and if i cannot put my point across without not contributing without insults I wont post.

@JOSWolf - Carry on posting mate, and that's the same for everyone else but lets try and remember we are suppose to be 'One Pack' not picking on someone.

Rant over - I'll get back behind my keyboard and await more sales and maybe a new signing.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not much noise, scott is still just in limbo, will go late in window at this rate with them wanting a bidding war.

Elvedi shoud happen,

jsut have to trust hobbs, but we are shopping in a different world, maybe south american talent, young and then players like creswell, experience on low fees.

We will see what happens, more off the books and more FG slots freed up once podnce and raul go, giles, is bonus money as on a small wage.
Hobbs did warn that with where we are at as a club it would be a slow start to the window. Having to sell to buy and not being in the best position to snap up players, we are in the same shop as the likes of Everton, West Ham, Fulham etc.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see additions coming in in August or even September.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You little tease, you.
This week will hopefully be an interesting one. I was going to say an exciting one, but that implies we will land our targets, but that might not be the case.
Just speculating but I just dont see lopetugui or mendes having no input on incomings.....

A compromise situation between Hobbs mendes n lopetugui yes ....just like January.....but not all Hobbs.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes, lemina, sarabia, nunes, ran

Currently occupy this kinda 4 narrow midfielders

Looking at it i think ran is either holding that position for B traore as he wasnt available, or neto slots in there, but then he would be wider.

Will be interesting,

JL has always been fond of a big midfield group, and cleary the points about chiquinho not being in plans, podence gone to, shows we dont want wingers or that type of player.

Neto stays, hwang JL appreciates,

Hamer i think would be a good option from the championship

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I hope that Julen has a plan a,b and c because our squad is getting thin on the ground .
I would rather see 3 quality signings than 6 at best average players.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just speculating but I just dont see lopetugui or mendes having no input on incomings.....

A compromise situation between Hobbs mendes n lopetugui yes ....just like January.....but not all Hobbs.
Different roles

Mendes brings the goods just like any agent

A combination of hobbs, lop and INTERNAL staff make the decision

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looking at it i think ran is either holding that position for B traore as he wasnt available, or neto slots in there, but then he would be wider.

Will be interesting,

JL has always been fond of a big midfield group, and cleary the points about chiquinho not being in plans, podence gone to, shows we dont want wingers or that type of player.

That’s has the feeling of moving our centre of gravity forward , away from defence towards midfield, which would be nice.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard that line for over three year , its just needs prioritising .
And the point still stands…… clubs want more than what the player is probably worth.

Sometimes he overspend isn’t worth it.

Gyokores isn’t worth what he is going for and the additional sell on fee. If we had paid that I would have been disappointed

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s me done posting on here for a while as it ain’t worth it for my mental health with the constant personal and **** taking attacks. Well done to a certain few on here acting like a school playground. I’ll view but that’s me done posting on here for the time being. A shame as I love this forum. Oh well.
Don’t let them do this to you mate!!!

So funny how many got upset and raged at others for a few jokes about height yet not a peep with the constant stuff aimed at you……

The pampers stuff needs to stop everyone!!!! And stop dragging Jos into your posts to take **** when he isn’t even involved in the chain of messages you reply too!!!!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t let them do this to you mate!!! So funny how many got upset and raged at others for a few jokes about height yet not a peep with the constant stuff aimed at you……
I also think accusing established posters of being Albion or Villa fans is pathetic. Happens too often.
We're all Wolves fans, and I doubt the keyboard warriors would have the cojones to do that in person...

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also think accusing established posters of being Albion or Villa fans is quite pathetic too. Happens too often.
We're all Wolves fans, and I doubt the keyboard warriors would have the cajones to do that in person...
We all see things differently and interpret things differently.

We also have differing expectations on top of this for a club so important to us all……

So there are always two differing extremes on every topic.

Let’s all just enjoy the healthy debate!!! As we all want the same outcome…..

Wolves to do well!!!!!

Clipboard

Reaction score
Che Adams' PL record according to Transfermkt : 25 goals in (the equivalent of about) 80 matches.

Decent age (27 now), good injury record, can play centrally and wide so some versatility there.

Given Fabio's rawness plus Sasa and Hwang's injury records - remember these are probably our three main strikers this season - then for a relatively low FEE, Adams would be a good squad member IMV.
This is what i am starting to come round to now. I'm sure a striker will be coming.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score

I think we will see 3 quality incomings, now that we have freed up the wage bill and resolved FFP concerns. One biggish money signing, and 2 loan to buys.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Will be interesting,

I do like the idea of 5 people in a 4 person midfield, as part of 4-4-2. Will help us out defensively as well as going forward. Do you think anyone will notice?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like the idea of 5 people in a 4 person midfield, as part of 4-4-2. Will help us out defensively as well as going forward. Do you think anyone will notice?
If only we had podence still to hide.

Harrison leeds? currently injured would you take him?

Leeds could be raided, there is meslier, rutter, summerville and greenwood

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I am like most people not full out panicing but I am a little worried about all these players being sold or loaned out just 3 signings will make me feel a lot better a CB a Striker and a creative midfielder basically 3 quality players

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't commented for a few days as I felt the condescending nature of some towards others on here purely for having an opinion that isn't theirs was just nauseating. Aside JOS, there was the guy who posed the question whether we were 'asset stripping' who was also given rather unnecessary treatment, partly since 'asset stripping' doesn't necessarily have to mean 'Fosun are selling everyone just to claw some money back', which is what people seemed to take it as, and partly because instead of just throwing insults around how about showing some responsibility towards the forum and actually discussing it rather than degenerating to Twitter/Facebook levels? Wasn't the only example either. For those who aren't involved in the mud slinging, including the mods, it just makes the forum a lot less enjoyable to read. I get people are frustrated and I have been guilty of it in the past before anyone comes at me with historic examples, but would be nice if we could try and keep some level of decorum going forward?

Anyway, regarding the situation with Raul I don't think the minor levels of furor would have happened had we already landed Scott. For me, at least, the bigger disappointment is that we didn't really seem in the race for Retegui. I find it a little odd that people aren't willing to entertain the notion that Romano may have had a point with his tweet about FFP having scuppered our attempt to bring him in. FFP is mentioned quite freely in almost every Wolves rumour at the moment, and it should be remembered it is a broad term that doesn't necessarily just mean we haven't got the money or can't spend the money. It could equally mean that because of FFP Wolves senior team have become a little more risk averse, and have adopted a policy whereby they won't sanction a new non-HG head at a certain salary level unless another high earner is off the books, without exception. That could easily explain why we didn't proceed with Retegui (if the rumour is true, of course)

Ultimately, we still need a few more off the books. Whether that is to make us more attractive for sale (unlikely) or purely to run the club a little more efficiently, because it is the right thing to do but also to assist with FFP in the future (more likely) our squad is still bloated and light in certain areas at the same time.

Che Adams isn't an exciting link but he has experience at PL level, has scored at PL level and would embellish the squad. He wouldn't be my choice but I could understand why we are going for him. Lemina will know him from Southampton and will be able to vouch what he brings off the field too.

Cresswell did look like his legs were gone for a portion of the season after the World Cup, but had been an outside shout for a call-up after a very good start to the season and also came good towards the end of the season again too. Again, wouldn't be my first choice but as a backup I suspect his off-the-field qualities are those that are being sought by Wolves - sometimes 'bar raisers' off the field are equally important, as we have been aware over the years when we've lost them. Again, we have Dawson as a first-hand account of Cresswell's character.

I'm frustrated. These aren't the sort of signings I wanted to see. We all want Wolves to move forward and see exciting football again at Molineux - we are a long way from it currently and we may have to be very patient for it to return.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom