Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Either there's a big spending spree coming with 4 or 5 in or found are getting as much in the bank before selling up
Either way get on with it!!!!!!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Ok ... I’ll have a go ...

In the ideal world all our signings would have been made before pre season. Rarely happens.

But, how long does a good player really need to settle in? Dawson and Lemina were absolutely vital to our survival last season and made a real impact from day one ... without a settling in period or pre-season.
Yes but look at our incomings into a side who can’t score .A third choice keeper and a full back .Who else ?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoyed your post however there is only one thing...........if what you say is true why are we in the FFP dodo's? answers to be be sent to a certain Mr Shi. :rolleyes:
Because ffp doesn’t account for the intrinsic value of the in-situ playing squad. For example Cunha was €50m…that’s an expenditure that’s included under ffp but ignores that Cunha remains an asset. Quite simple really. The claim was that Wolves had mismanaged transfers. They haven’t but that doesn’t mean they can’t still fall foul of ffp.
I didnt think I was a genius but in comparison to you, it appears I’m ****ing Einstein. :rolleyes:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully that's the extra few million we needed for Scott. Can't see us signing a striker, as odd as that sounds. Think Fabio and Sasa will be the ones to lead the line.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not normally and have never been a pant wetter……….but FFS Wolves sign a quality striker
Problem with tending to all outgoings first as part of your strategy. Reportedly sleep on a quality striker like Retegui and only bid out of desperation when it's too late.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good luck to Raul but you just know he'll score against us next season.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but look at our incomings into a side who can’t score .A third choice keeper and a full back .Who else ?
Yes but we are about to put that right just relax and wait for the floodgates to open , wage bill is now in a position to offer better wages for better players

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Could explain why the incomings have gone a bit Q….in less than a week it looks like we’re seeing Hoever, Chiquinho, Giles, Jimmy and possibly Podence all leaving meaning Hobbs has been pretty busy. I really would keep RAN to fight it out with Bueno and now look to move on Sarkic and Jonny and then kick on with signings. Reckon Elvedi, Scott and a centre forward and we’re good to go!

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just goes to show how fast things can move. Incoming or outgoing.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im hoping we might ‘up the pedigree’ in the next few weeks!

There’s no way JL would have agreed to stay if he hadnt been given certain assurances. The summer has been all about clearing underperforming deadwood and raising funds. Hopefully, that will enable us to bring in some quality soon.

I’m fairly relaxed at the moment.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we still need to move on Jonny, Podence, Sa, and possibly RAN (keeping him makes more sense with the 50% sell-on clause) if you believe the initial John Percy articles about players that have been made available for transfer - assuming that Giles will go to Luton for the £4m(?) as rumoured.

Neves £47m, Collins £23m, Coady £8.5m, Giles £4m, Raul £5.5m, Kawabe £1.3m - almost £90m.

If Podence, Sarkic, Bolla, Sa are sold, should take that amount to over £100m.

Now it's going to be about who we replace them with.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask yourself this, would we have got these funds with Sellars here?

To be fair to Hobbs he did say we needed to clear the decks before buying, and that’s what is happening. Out of those that have left so far, in terms of who contributed to last season Neves has been our biggest loss, one we all knew was going to happen.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There’s no way JL would have agreed to stay if he hadnt been given certain assurances. The summer has been all about clearing underperforming deadwood and raising funds. Hopefully, that will enable us to bring in some quality soon.

Glad someone else is in agreement
Hope to wake up to new signings soon

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we still need to move on Jonny, Podence, Sa, and possibly RAN (keeping him makes more sense with the 50% sell-on clause) if you believe the initial John Percy articles about players that have been made available for transfer - assuming that Giles will go to Luton for the £4m(?) as rumoured.

Neves £47m, Collins £23m, Coady £8.5m, Giles £4m, Raul £5.5m, Kawabe £1.3m - almost £90m.

And Sanderson.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe our Plan A all along is still in play involving several priority signings, but we absolutely needed these outgoings which are now falling into place...

Nurse!

T

TheConcourse

The positive side of the coin says we’ve totally dismantled the squad and we’re giving JL license to rebuild whatever he wants over the coming years.

That would also make sense at this stage.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ve been confident it’s all a necessary part of the plan.. and quality replacements are on their way.. but links like Cresswell and Adam’s do give me pause.

Back
Top Bottom