Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
The club should try and explore a deal for this player as he would make a big difference. Maybe offer players as part of the deal. I am fully aware of what Hobbs has said NWW. I do feel though that FFP is becoming more of an excuse now though. We are well in profit this window.
The club should try and explore a deal for this player as he would make a big difference. Maybe offer players as part of the deal. I am fully aware of what Hobbs has said NWW. I do feel though that FFP is becoming more of an excuse now though. We are well in profit this window.

@JOSWolf, with all due respect, I sometimes wonder if you are a human or a bot

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DM?

Sounds like a Gomes clone ?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sounds like a Gomes clone ?
Future proofing for lemina?

Competition for gomes?

I mean hes a uruguyan international, but definitely could have "resale"

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
We've made an utter **** up really the past few years, guess we are paying the price for that this summer now

Silva - £35m
Semedo - £30m
Guedes - £30m
Nunes - 35m
Cunha - £43m

That's just shy of £170m. Very little back either. And up until this summer, very little back from our own sales

Even the likes of Cutrone came in for big fees, very little back. Raul, Jonny...£50m there? Good players for us over the years yes, but in ffp perspective, how's that eventually going to look when we get very little back?

Adama Traore fits into that too. £18m signing, which we probably paid over the 5 years of his contract to then leave for nish.

We have made our own bed to now lay in and I guess it is what it is, FFP has to take its course
I think where we went wrong was realising that we hesitated on Ruben Diaz, Bruno Fernandes, and Joao Felix, then within a year they were out of our reach. We were then persuaded that Silva was good value at £35m.

Subsequent windows were led by that rank amateur Sellars who had no plan which resulted in us turning to Jorge in panic every time. Adama should have been sold when he was the talk of the Premier and a replacement already in the pipeline.

We had a great team that first year back which was the point at which succession planning should have kicked in.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The English team from Wolverhampton were at Estádio Algarve, on Wednesday, watching Sporting-Genk, in this case, to evaluate Chermiti live. Learn more here

Feel free to remove paywall, basically we sent scouts to specifically watch chermiti.

We could have looked at others

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have tried to leave this thread alone because nothing positive seems to be happening.I haven’t trawled through all the posts but are we any closer with anyone ?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have tried to leave this thread alone because nothing positive seems to be happening.I haven’t trawled through all the posts but are we any closer with anyone ?

Closest is probably creswell, or elvedi, but nothing concrete.

We know we have bidfor creswell, thats about it,

Scott they seem to be wanting bournemouth or west ham to bid, and want more money

Last edited:

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to say faff is being taken to the extreme with this Scott malarkey
Wasting so much time on this when the season is fast approaching
Sign a ****ing striker !!!
As you dislike faffing so much I presume you’d have sold Neves to Barca for £15m, Collins for the first bid from Brentford and given Giles away to Luton as it’s not worth faffing over the odd £5m? Out of interest how much time do you think it takes to submit an increased bid - I guess Hobbs and Shi would be better off polishing all the trophies we’ve won recently?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Closest is probably creswell, or elvedi, but nothing concrete.

We know we have big for creswell, thats about it,

Scott they seem to be wanting bournemouth or west ham to bid, and want more money
Im just getting concerned that we dont seem to be getting anything over the line
I know theres time yet but i would have expected at least one decent signing by now

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i’m going to pick you up on this.

it should read - unfortunately, we CAN’T though.

Hobbs’ communication has been outstanding, which is something you’ve been rightly very critical of.

we absolutely pushed the boat out in January, and we have in previous years so let’s be fair here eh?

We’ve had it explained we need a large surplus this summer, and why. We might not like it and we can analyse the past mistakes elsewhere, but be fair.
You've really got to look at the last couple of windows and wonder why anyone wants to do the same again.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sevilla have made El Nesyri available. A shame we won’t be all over that. He’ll probably go to West Ham. They do have some interest in Fabio Silva though as I recall?
Why can't we be all over it? How much are we talking? Have I underestimated his price tag?

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv seen him play youth football for sporting. Total headless chicken no better than Fabio. We need someone experienced if we are going for a new striker??

21 years old Armando Broja from Chelsea even if it’s a loan??
I'd put an offer in for hannah wilkinson after watching her last night for the NZ womens team.

Sidaway

Reaction score
FFP spans across a 3 year period – we may be in profit so far this summer but we're deep in the red in the previous 2 years.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't signing players like Scott to move on for a hopefully big profit what some want. Then theirs the opposite camp who would have been horrified if we'd sold the likes of Raul at the top of his game.
Sadly this transfers business isn't easy. Sometimes you buy expensive players and they fail. Sometimes you get lucky
Sometimes you buy expensive players and they succeed. Sometimes you are unlucky.

You’re a glass half empty person, aren’t you?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DM?

Yes..
Very good defensive midfielder who can also play. Comparison with Joao Gomes isn't too far off..

He usually plays as the most defensive midfielder in Midtjyllands 433 formation but has also played in a midfield of two.

He's a very good player in the Danish league but I doubt he'd be ready to start in the PL..yet

Midtjylland by the way sounds reluctant to sell when asked by the Danish media. That could be strategy to get as much money as possible of course. Also, he'd be difficult to replace.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Iv seen him play youth football for sporting. Total headless chicken no better than Fabio. We need someone experienced if we are going for a new striker??

Has he recovered from his injury. Dont think he went on pre season tour with chelsea but a good shout if he is available and fit.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes..
Very good defensive midfielder who can also play. Comparison with Joao Gomes isn't too far off..

He usually plays as the most defensive midfielder in Midtjyllands 433 formation but has also played in a midfield of two.

He's a very good player in the Danish league but I doubt he'd be ready to start in the PL..yet

Midtjylland by the way sounds reluctant to sell when asked by the Danish media. That could be strategy to get as much money as possible of course. Also, he'd be difficult to replace.

Unlike Nuno, who had a clear first XI and stuck to it, it appears Lopetegui wants real competition for places in every position.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frustrating juncture for us but you can totally understand Bristol’s position to drive a hard bargain, as I’m sure we’d implore Wolves to do the same if in a similar position.

The hope is that Lopetegui’s reported clear and long standing interest in him and the player feeling wanted and sold on the idea is compelling enough to ward off other suitors
I don’t get it though, as we are the only serious bidders…..

From what I was told by a guy well connected to West Ham, they are not going to match a wolves bid if it is more than £22m as they don’t want to waste the rice money like they did bale.

They want immediate impact players with the money.

Bristol are playing a silly game that could cost them millions if we pull out and buy a player somewhere else. It isn’t like we don’t have the ability to phone a leading super agent who can sort us players.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I really like Broja but hasn't he suffered a pretty serious knee injury recently.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get it though, as we are the only serious bidders…..

From what I was told by a guy well connected to West Ham, they are not going to match a wolves bid if it is more than £22m as they don’t want to waste the rice money like they did bale.

They want immediate impact players with the money.

Bristol are playing a silly game that could cost them millions if we pull out and buy a player somewhere else. It isn’t like we don’t have the ability to phone a leading super agent who can sort us players.
Tbh, if we havent already done so,we should place one last take it or leave it bid for him, and move on
We can get plenty of decent options for that money,maybe not HG, but there will be more moving on to allow us more foreign players im sure

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I’m a big fan of Broja as well. Bit of a concern about the injury (ACL?) last season, but I’ve seen very few links to him over the mid-season breaks. Perhaps Poch is evaluating him, but I’d be surprised if he stays at Chelsea this season. Loan with option would be ideal, but I’d risk any deal to be honest. He’d be a real favourite if he can get to the same level that he was at in 21/22.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes you buy expensive players and they succeed. Sometimes you are unlucky.

You’re a glass half empty person, aren’t you?
Not really. Not sure how you got that, I'm definitely not in the doom and gloom camp. I've basically said it's not easy to get transfers right or the selling point.

Back
Top Bottom