Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be very surprised to see a termination of contract as he still has 2 years left on it - would be very costly. More likely scenario, if we can't find a permanent deal, is a loan somewhere with Wolves contributing to the wages
absolutely right. very very expensive.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was but saw lots of spurs news articles about him not being but must have been talking about Europe

Just to clarify, the UEFA and Premier League criteria for classing as Home Grown are the same - 3 season at a club, or a club in the same association between the ages of 15-21, including the season they turn 21.

The reason Doherty wasn't/couldn't be registered as a Home Grown player in Europe for Spurs, is that UEFA have an additional rule where half of the quota of 8/25 Home Grown players have to come from the club itself. The PL don't have that rule.

Probably the same reason that saw Taylor Perry, Luke Cundle and Owen Otasowie used ahead of others in our European season.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100m of pure profit, plus a ground ‘sale’.

They are probably the next cash rich club in the league after City and Newcastle.
The £100m of “pure profit” led to an actual profit of £0.4m.

The Grealish money has already gone, along with the ground sale money (lost £69m the ground sale year).

Villa’s accounts going back to the ground sale have been:
18/19: £69m loss (even with £56m injection of ground sale)
19/20: £99m loss (COVID season, with £36m of expected TV right incoming being moved to 20/21 accounts)
20/21: £37m loss (even with said £36m being added)
21/22: £0.4m profit (even with £97m for Grealish)

In short, they best have another huge sale or accounting trick planned before the 23/24 accounts land.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my opinion, Wolves will sign a new Centre Forward who will fight it out with Sasa and either one of Fabio or Raul for a place in the first team.

Both Fabio and Raul have commitment-to-Wolves issues. Raul has prioritised Mexico over Wolves and Fabios agent has said what he said.

Fabio has the HG in his favour, has lots of potential and could play across the front three. Raul has given a lot to Wolves in the past, is rightly revered and could potentially re-find his old form.

If Raul were to leave, I would expect to see him replaced by a Taremi-type. If Fabio were to leave, I would expect the club to look for a younger forward like Bilal El Toure as a replacement.

It doesn’t really matter which way it goes as long as one of them leaves and we do get another CF. Worst case scenario is to go into the new season with Raul, Sasa and Fabio as the options or, even worse, only two of those three.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
but virtually no spending / interest/ rent on their new stadium. Grrrr
Yeah that is true, and their revenues are much higher thanks to the match day revenues from said ground and a couple of seasons of back to back European football, around £250m to our £165m in the last published year for anyone interested.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn’t really matter which way it goes as long as one of them leaves and we do get another CF. Worst case scenario is to go into the new season with Raul, Sasa and Fabio as the options or, even worse, only two of those three.

I agree, I'd like to see one of Raul and Fabio move on and someone a bit fresher coming in.

It did make me laugh though, that the worst case scenario for this season, is still infinitely better in term of options than last season!

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's still classed as U21, so doesn't need to be registered anyway. Another reason to try to keep him here!

I still think that to ever qualify as HG, he maybe needs to stay this season?
I could be wrong, often am, but I think he would qualify as HG from the start of this coming season.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could be wrong, often am, but I think he would qualify as HG from the start of this coming season.

Had he have spent last season with us, or another club in England and Wales, that would be the case as it would have been his 3rd year here.

But his year registered to clubs in Belgium and Holland doesn't count, so he's still on 2/3.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had he have spent last season with us, or another club in England and Wales, that would be the case as it would have been his 3rd year here.

But his year registered to clubs in Belgium and Holland doesn't count, so he's still on 2/3.

I thought it would still count as we're his parent club, but fair enough. Thanks for the correction.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My friend, you have described in a nutshell why I hate FFP. It seems like it's designed to defy common sense.
Just to clarify the actual profit is referring to Villa’s accounts for the year they sold Grealish and banked the £97m rather than the accounting practice of a player’s contribution to a transfer profit being selling price minus any remaining amortisation costs.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was already bost.

He'd been injured previously, not rehabbed correctly or long enough, signed off during a last minute transfer by our previously unfit for purpose medical team, then rushed into the starting XI.

He's made comments about how surprised he's been at how much different his rehab has been this time around. How strength and conditioning has been prioritised.

Sasa will be first choice. We have to prioritise having sufficient backup in case he takes a few weeks to get up to speed.

I'm not sure Raul or Fabio are the ones to provide that backup.
If sasa is first choice we will be bottom 5. Nowherr near good enough

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is rumours of west ham going in for Gallagher as well.....can't see them making an offer for Scott....but here's hoping we can make a breakthrough in the next few days.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is rumours of west ham going in for Gallagher as well.....can't see them making an offer for Scott....but here's hoping we can make a breakthrough in the next few days.
They arent going for scott anymore, hes down on the targets, they want more of a rice replacement, scott isnt that, i can tell you that disco

Its between us and bournemouth for Scott right now and we are pole position

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion, Wolves will sign a new Centre Forward who will fight it out with Sasa and either one of Fabio or Raul for a place in the first team.

Both Fabio and Raul have commitment-to-Wolves issues. Raul has prioritised Mexico over Wolves and Fabios agent has said what he said.

Fabio has the HG in his favour, has lots of potential and could play across the front three. Raul has given a lot to Wolves in the past, is rightly revered and could potentially re-find his old form.

If Raul were to leave, I would expect to see him replaced by a Taremi-type. If Fabio were to leave, I would expect the club to look for a younger forward like Bilal El Toure as a replacement.

I agree it's what I would like to see happen, but we first need to find takers for Silva, Podence and/or Jimenez.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
Alex Crook on talksport very dismissive of us signing Scott, doesn't think we have the money, Bournemouth favourite s to sign him, hope he's wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom