Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How old are you about 14.......being 'nearly' being relegated from top flight is hardly a stick to beat wolves owners with....(even though we wasn't nearly relegated')........

If it's that bad mate pack it in.....find a new club like Man city....

Jesus wept..... imagine what derby , west brom and Sheffield Wednesday fans would make of ya...
Do you read the posts properly instead of just trying to offend people? when you are missing the point by planets not miles…….

The issue is the operating and processes of how the club are being operated is on a major downward trend and they seem unwilling to fix it……

The 13th place finish follows successive seasons of few goals and major regression of on field performances. It wasn’t my lone reason, shows you might be the 14 year old you mention as you can’t do the basics of read multiple points and see they are one big point and not a one point reaction…..

It isn’t a reaction to one season of you read the posts properly. Or even learn to connect points and not sumise one point that was used in the multiple points I have shared as to the concern and failings in the management.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. If you think Fosun have made poor decisions you were too young to realise the SJH’s bad decisions. Also this story that SJH saved Wolves is a myth. He put a lot of money in and got us nowhere. We were in the Championship when he arrived and we were in the Championship when he sold with one dreadful year in the Prem during the whole time.
Spot on. He pulled the financial plug when we finally got promoted.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How old are you about 14.......being 'nearly' being relegated from top flight is hardly a stick to beat wolves owners with....(even though we wasn't nearly relegated')........

If it's that bad mate pack it in.....find a new club like Man city....

Jesus wept..... imagine what derby , west brom and Sheffield Wednesday fans would make of ya...
Also how were we not nearly relagted? We were bottom of the league for a long time and only survived a few weeks out…..

We were in the relegation race for quite some time……

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are sleep walking to oblivion!

I called how this season would go from the summer, including the massive splurge on jan if we hit trouble. I was 100% correct.

They will do enough to save us from relegation each jan…. But they are trying to run the club on fumes in a way that doesn’t work to ensure they make money and that is it.
I bet there are a good many clubs wish their club could run on £200 million fumes like we did last season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on
Here we are into our 5th consecutive season in the PL for the first time in my 40+ years of being a fan and yet the owners get more flack than any of our previous ones.
Agreed. I can't help but wonder whether the fact that they are from China rather than Wolvo (albeit a tax exile paying zip into UK) has a while lot to do with that for certain folk.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Challenging Man City
No, just playing good football and not being a national joke for how bad we have become and our inability to score a goal!!!!

We are so bad agbonlahor made his relation comment, he is a total muppet, but we were so bad I can’t remember anyone chewing him out on their shows and they love to hammer him for being thick and his bad takes!!!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without him the club isn’t where it is today……
In a **** stadium that can't be expanded because of his belligerent obsession with everything British instead of anything sensible
Because they are jacking up prices, in the claim of pay more for better quality.

Gas lit the entire fan base by saying we had been underpaying and essentially were a reason why the club wasn’t kicking on.

Then raised prices in more years than any other prem team and the quality hasn’t got steadily worse, it has jumped off a skyscraper!

They haven’t invested or improved the ground or experience for the matchday fans despite charging more either.

They care more about the “brand” and building revenue streams using our legacy and heritage off the pitch than they do off it.

They have hired absolute muppets into key operational roles too!

Leaving Jeff in post for as long as they have with the rapid decay of the on field side of the club shows a lot to me.
Hayward also jacked up the prices and kept them there throughout the Colin Lee and Glenn Hoddle years - I remember paying £28 for championship football having paid around a fiver not that many years before.

Fosun have made some bad hires, but I'm still not sure anyone was as catastrophic as hiring his own sons, who were completely unqualified for running a football club and amusingly went on to shaft him. And while we're talking about muppets, anyone remember Jez?!

I'd much rather my owners look for ways of bringing more revenue to the club and expanding the brand than treating the club as a vanity project and leaving us high and dry the moment they lose interest.

Fosun may not be perfect but I'll take them over the paranoid, delusional, senile egomaniac Poundland Jack Walker any day of the week!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet there are a good many clubs wish their club could run on £200 million fumes like we did last season
Yes, we spent money BADLY!!! Because we had idiots running the show recruitment wise last summer.

The excessive jan splurge was because of that, it caused us to over pay for cunha. Very good player, but no way on earth is he a £45m player!!! That was a jan tax based fee!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because they are jacking up prices, in the claim of pay more for better quality.

Gas lit the entire fan base by saying we had been underpaying and essentially were a reason why the club wasn’t kicking on.

Then raised prices in more years than any other prem team and the quality hasn’t got steadily worse, it has jumped off a skyscraper!

They haven’t invested or improved the ground or experience for the matchday fans despite charging more either.

They care more about the “brand” and building revenue streams using our legacy and heritage off the pitch than they do off it.

They have hired absolute muppets into key operational roles too!

Leaving Jeff in post for as long as they have with the rapid decay of the on field side of the club shows a lot to me.
Take a look at what Jizz did to ST prices for anyone not on an early bird renewal when we win the playoffs. Way worse than anything Fosun have done.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He bid in 1982......then disappeared.....came back when we was on the up....jack was fine got not problem with him....but this myth he was the 'saviour' is way off......there was people who saved the club who dont get the recognition...it wasn't jack ..
Yup.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a **** stadium that can't be expanded because of his belligerent obsession with everything British instead of anything sensible

Hayward also jacked up the prices and kept them there throughout the Colin Lee and Glenn Hoddle years - I remember paying £28 for championship football having paid around a fiver not that many years before.

Fosun have made some bad hires, but I'm still not sure anyone was as catastrophic as hiring his own sons, who were completely unqualified for running a football club and amusingly went on to shaft him. And while we're talking about muppets, anyone remember Jez?!

I'd much rather my owners look for ways of bringing more revenue to the club and expanding the brand than treating the club as a vanity project and leaving us high and dry the moment they lose interest.

Fosun may not be perfect but I'll take them over the paranoid, delusional, senile egomaniac Poundland Jack Walker any day of the week!!
They don’t need to expand the steve bull, they need to fix the foundations! It is sinking and has been for years!! Access and exiting are a shambles, it is mess of a stand.

It needs fixing and that is what I said! They could have fixed the sinking and other issues during covid.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you read the posts properly instead of just trying to offend people? when you are missing the point by planets not miles…….

The issue is the operating and processes of how the club are being operated is on a major downward trend and they seem unwilling to fix it……

The 13th place finish follows successive seasons of few goals and major regression of on field performances. It wasn’t my lone reason, shows you might be the 14 year old you mention as you can’t do the basics of read multiple points and see they are one big point and not a one point reaction…..

It isn’t a reaction to one season of you read the posts properly. Or even learn to connect points and not sumise one point that was used in the multiple points I have shared as to the concern and failings in the management.
We are in here for transfer gossip mate ...not the endless dribble attacking our owners ...

Sorry if I react to in a way you dislike if I think bigging up jack and dishing fosun is wrong it a forum...

Have a drink....watch Glastonbury..

We are wolves mate ..we aye gonna go much above 13th in the top flight.....whether the owners care or not......I've been in a lot bigger wholes with wolves and will be again...no doubt...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are in here for transfer gossip mate ...not the endless dribble attacking our owners ...

Sorry if I react to in a way you dislike if I think bigging up jack and dishing fosun is wrong it a forum...

Have a drink....watch Glastonbury..

We are wolves mate ..we aye gonna go much above 13th in the top flight.....whether the ones care or not......I've been in a lot bigger wholes with wolves and will be again...no doubt...
Very true mate, I must stress I don’t care if we finish 13th….. if the team play good football and it is being run properly!

It is the manor in which we finished 13th and the quality on show.

But you are right….. let’s park this one and leave it to the never ending rumours and gossip of investment that is incoming hahahaha

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not building sir jack up to knock fosun down.

I think the last 4 years and the way the club is being run is actually showing they don’t care much about the football….. they care about the branding and tv money to leverage other deals for aspects of their portfolio or create them with the wolves branding and free premier league awareness to increase value of things like the Chinese fashion line and e-sports.

I miss having an owner who put the football and fans first. Not bleeding us dry with the most anual price rises in the league, highest %age increase over the time period by gas lighting the fans. Where is this promised improvement on the pitch????? We have gotten worse and worse to the point we were nearly relegated. Their running of the club has caused this, because they don’t care!

They only care when they organise China based watch parties and Burnley slap us….. they don’t care the rest of the time over at Fosun HQ or Jeff would be long gone!!!
Hmmmm..... Sir Jack appointed Moxey, a man so famous for putting fans and the team first....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don’t need to expand the steve bull, they need to fix the foundations! It is sinking and has been for years!! Access and exiting are a shambles, it is mess of a stand.

It needs fixing and that is what I said! They could have fixed the sinking and other issues during covid.
Myth again ....read on the mix....The Steve Bull aye sinking....sorry to pick a bit of the post out again if I think it's rubbish....

Again sorry if I'm wrong...

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, we spent money BADLY!!! Because we had idiots running the show recruitment wise last summer.

The excessive jan splurge was because of that, it caused us to over pay for cunha. Very good player, but no way on earth is he a £45m player!!! That was a jan tax based fee!
Theres a difference to what you are saying
On one hand you say Fosun are just in it making money. then you say they spend way too much on bad players lol
I think the time to judge Cunha is next season when hopefully he has someone decent to work with
I get you dont like Fosun or the way they do things thats your porrogetive but lets have some consistency

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Theres a difference to what you are saying
On one hand you say Fosun are just in it making money. then you say they spend way too much on bad players lol
I think the time to judge Cunha is next season when hopefully he has someone decent to work with
I get you dont like Fosun or the way they do things thats your porrogetive but lets have some consistency
I am saying they splurged the cash to protect the investment when it was in crisis. It looks like that is the case this summer based on the news articles.

Not investing when it was at a high to make it even better.

So my points are very simple, they only invest big money when it is to save it from crisis. Not to lift it up and improve it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Myth again ....read on the mix....The Steve Bull aye sinking....sorry to pick a bit of the post out again if I think it's rubbish....

Again sorry if I'm wrong...
Oh….. I was told it was then saw on here that it is is.

It is fair to pick that one or any point out if it is potentially an innocent on my part falsehood based on what I have heard and read.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was more economically viable to gut it when the Haywards did the original rebuild. Instead 'Union Jack' was more concerned with flexing his self-styled moniker than actually building a scalable stadium that would stand the test of time, so we had to make do with keeping a stand that has been a noose around our necks since before it was even built because our egomaniac owner was happy overpaying for British bricks!!!

In fact, the whole stadium (other than the North Bank) has aged far, far worse than even the identikit stadia built around the same time. I had the displeasure of dealing with the Hayward regime on a commercial level and everything was done on the cheap after those first few years of telling everyone how he saved the club (he didn't - he actually threw his toys out of the pram when his first bid wasn't accepted and only came 'to the rescue' after the real heroes had actually saved the club)

From the PA system to the CCTV and videowalls.... Everything done on the cheap without any build standards or any thought. Even the undersoil heating he used to brag about every time he could get his face in front of Gary Newbon had to be replaced. As tin pot as you could get.

Anyway, this is a transfer thread so let's focus on the possible incomings....admittedly we don't know about many because we don't have some silver spooned toff shouting his mouth off at the rugby club any more! I wonder what happened to Jonathan and Rick?!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was more economically viable to gut it when the Haywards did the original rebuild. Instead 'Union Jack' was more concerned with flexing his self-styled moniker than actually building a scalable stadium that would stand the test of time, so we had to make do with keeping a stand that has been a noose around our necks since before it was even built because our egomaniac owner was happy overpaying for British bricks!!!

In fact, the whole stadium (other than the North Bank) has aged far, far worse than even the identikit stadia built around the same time. I had the displeasure of dealing with the Hayward regime on a commercial level and everything was done on the cheap after those first few years of telling everyone how he saved the club (he didn't)

From the PA system to the CCTV and videowalls.... Everything done on the cheap without any build standards or any thought. Even the undersoil heating he used to brag about every time he could get his face in front of Gary Newbon had to be replaced. As tin pot as you could get.

Anyway, this is a transfer thread so let's focus on the possible incomings....admittedly we don't know about many because we don't have some silver spooned toff shouting his mouth off at the rugby club any more! I wonder what happened to Jonathan and Rick?!!
Thanks for the insight on the build and issues….. I didn’t know that.

We need a mole on the inside!!!!

But fosun is more secret than MI5 lol

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh….. I was told it was then saw on here that it is is.

It is fair to pick that one or any point out if it is potentially an innocent on my part falsehood based on what I have heard and read.
It is in a mess the Steve Bull no doubt...but it's rubbish it is sinking....

The stadium manager parents live a few doors away from my parents....I grew up with him .....everytime I see him I say ' has the Steve Bull sunk yet'.....he laughs .

I wasn't just picking on ya....but it's another bug bear of mine on here...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And, just to check, how many crisis' have we had where they had to invest big money ?
This jan, was the crisis point.

And if we have a similar worry/flirt with relegation this jan, the same will happen again.

It looks like they want to spend minimal in the summer now and only splurge if there is trouble in jan.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is in a mess the Steve Bull no doubt...but it's rubbish it is sinking....

The stadium manager parents live a few doors away from my parents....I grew up with him .....everytime I see him I say ' has the Steve Bull sunk yet'.....he laughs .

I wasn't just picking in ya....but it's another bug bear of mine on here...
Thanks for letting me know!!! I can stop sharing fake news!!

No offence taken, nor feeling like you’re picking on me mate. In fairness it has been good open and fair debates on here in my opinion on this one

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight on the build and issues….. I didn’t know that.

We need a mole on the inside!!!!

But fosun is more secret than MI5 lol
I know my comments about the Haywards probably sound a bit harsh and maybe it is a little bit personal, but as much as Fosun frustrate me at times it has at least felt like there has been a strategy of some sort at times even if it does seem a bit unclear at the moment.

I could never go back to those years of making it up as we went along. It was no coincidence we chronically underachieved for so long.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score

Hard to say what he'll end up being worth. It was a risk we had to take, we were rock bottom of the league and needed goals from somewhere.

I think we'll see much more from Cunha, Nunes, Gomes and Sarabia next season as they're settled now. Lemina and Dawson were quality signings.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oooooh.........
Aaaaaaa.......
Back on the chain gang...

Would make a great chant don't you think...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to say what he'll end up being worth. It was a risk we had to take, we were rock bottom of the league and needed goals from somewhere.

I think we'll see much more from Cunha, Nunes, Gomes and Sarabia next season as they're settled now. Lemina and Dawson were quality signings.
I agree 100%, cunha is a good player what I mean is that he is a £30-35m player in a summer window looking at him so far.

Can I say, I moan about fosun, but from what I hear about Todd boehly and what is happening behind the scenes at Chelsea I would be far more concerned hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom